Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Looks like they're going to fix the ammo converter:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/hk0ztz/f76_project_lead_says_ammo_converter_will_be/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I'll have a good laugh if this is animated using the Fallout 4/76 assets because there's no way in hell a live action anything can be filmed for the foreseeable future. Welcome to the world of tomorrow 2020, everyone.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Father Wendigo posted:

I'll have a good laugh if this is animated using the Fallout 4/76 assets because there's no way in hell a live action anything can be filmed for the foreseeable future. Welcome to the world of tomorrow 2020, everyone.
Excuse me I believe my amazing script is easily producible even in these unprecedented times

127 Hours 2: Capitol Wasteland

Edit: Wait, why is it spelled "Capital" in canon

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

It's actually not that bad once you figure out the tab + enter trick and get through the initial mountains of .38 and .308.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Dr. Quarex posted:

Truth is, the game was misspelled from the start. :hehe:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Bethesda ruining my childhood is enough to make you wish for a nuclear winter.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
The tv series is being made by the same folks that did Westworld and it has amazon money behind it. This could be good.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Dr. Quarex posted:

The Capitol is a specific building, Washington DC is the capital of the United States.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

ZombieCrew posted:

The tv series is being made by the same folks that did Westworld and it has amazon money behind it. This could be good.

Have you seen, uhh, most of westworld

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Wolfsheim posted:

Ive seen the the first two seasons and enjoyed it, but im not completely caught up.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Chamale posted:

The Capitol is a specific building, Washington DC is the capital of the United States.
I still feel like it is a missed opportunity to enthuse pedants, who are obviously Bethesda's target market

Washington, Wasteland of Columbia

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I think I've finally figured out how the special cards and special stats are distributed without making too much of a mess of it all and I got myself my bow. Angry florida man swamp hermit is a go!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

I tried to give it a go, but I only made it like 2.5 episodes in. The pacing is loving glacial and it treats the audience like morons. "Does an AI have a soul" or similar is done to hell and back in science fiction and they treat it like they thought of it for the first time.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Sensenmann posted:

In case this isn't widely known, Heart of the Enemy can be repeated non stop.
It's 8 scrip, 100 caps, a fusion core and some other random poo poo every time you do that, mostly Rippers, Gatling Lasers or Assault Rifles.
It's also 1800-2600XP for me with Unyielding armor, Egg Headed, Building Group (+4 int), Lover's Embrace, Brain Fungus Soup and who knows what else boosting my Intelligence to 33 and +XP . If I could just find a Herbavore Serum I bet it could be 3000 XP per loop. Add in 1000XP from killing the 4x ghouls in VTU and that's at least 1/3 of the repeatable SCORE for 10000 XP!

CapnBry fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 4, 2020

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Floppychop posted:

I tried to give it a go, but I only made it like 2.5 episodes in. The pacing is loving glacial and it treats the audience like morons. "Does an AI have a soul" or similar is done to hell and back in science fiction and they treat it like they thought of it for the first time.

I barely made it through season 1 and my biggest issue with the show is that it suffers hard from its association with J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof; every episode asks a dozen questions, the finale answers none of them but blows something up to distract you.

From what I've seen of S2 and 3, it pulls the same stunt again and again.

So... for Bethesda-style Fallout, they're perfect.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Floppychop posted:

Westworld is based on a 1973 movie of the same name, Futureworld, and Beyond Westworld. I dont think they pushed the theme anymore than say I Robot or Bladerunner.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Im trying nuclear winter mode for the first time to get those dailies done, and it's actually pretty fun? If my team hangs together we seem to win about half the time, which is a lot better luck than I've had in any other battle royale. It's also a decent way to try out a wide variety of weapons.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DebonaireD posted:

Im trying nuclear winter mode for the first time to get those dailies done, and it's actually pretty fun? If my team hangs together we seem to win about half the time, which is a lot better luck than I've had in any other battle royale. It's also a decent way to try out a wide variety of weapons.

Just wait until match 100 and you realize you are only at rank 4 and the best way to get exp is to get the breathe underwater card and do just that for entire matches.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Just wait until match 100 and you realize you are only at rank 4 and the best way to get exp is to get the breathe underwater card and do just that for entire matches.

You mean overseer rank? Im at 9 after a dozen matches, maybe. What are you talking about?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

I’m not gonna lie, when I play solos I spend basically the whole time hunting bush wookies, it’s super easy kills.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Just went through Silo Alpha all the way to the point you activate the launch control robots and have to defend them, game crashes. Luckily was on a team so I can come back, only have to do the first biometric scan steps again then just kill all the robots again to get through the silo, no other steps needed whew. Enter my launch code, head down to the nuke site, 30 seconds left, people start showing up. Game crashes again, except this time I can't get back to my server no matter how many hops I try. gently caress you, you lovely game, gently caress you. :argh:

VRViperII
Mar 17, 2009

CapnBry posted:

Just went through Silo Alpha all the way to the point you activate the launch control robots and have to defend them, game crashes. Luckily was on a team so I can come back, only have to do the first biometric scan steps again then just kill all the robots again to get through the silo, no other steps needed whew. Enter my launch code, head down to the nuke site, 30 seconds left, people start showing up. Game crashes again, except this time I can't get back to my server no matter how many hops I try. gently caress you, you lovely game, gently caress you. :argh:

After this happened to me twice I started using silo skip exploits and never looked back.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

VRViperII posted:

After this happened to me twice I started using silo skip exploits and never looked back.
Oh thank you so much, I was unaware of this and now this is just going to be how this goes from now on. Fallout: So Broken You'll Need Glitches to Get Around Bigger Glitches. I crashed a ton yesterday for some reason, where normally the game has been fairly good about not screwing me as long as I don't alt-tab during a loading screen (the end of the loading screen is the real killer). I missed out on my own nuke, an Encryptid, a Line in the Sand, and a 3-star Scorchbeast due to crashes and my head just about exploded in rage.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Here’s a tip don’t claim lunchboxes when you’re on your mule you never use like a loving idiot.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

This is my current character, level 36, with three different types of Power Armor cobbled together to make a suit. I love the rough look of patched-together equipment more than a perfectly coordinated and completed outfit. Anyone else enjoy the experience of levelling up more than end-game content? I always lose interest in a character shortly after level 50.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

VRViperII posted:

I did the silo in like 5 minutes (apart from waiting for those launch robots to get their poo poo together) last night thanks to you, so much appreciated. For some reason my silo was all like level 8-24 and not a single security robot spawned during the launch sequence so I just sat back and drank scotch like a boss.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They do that some times. I also love it when you get desynced from the server and it insta kills everything in a radius around you.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

They do that some times. I also love it when you get desynced from the server and it insta kills everything in a radius around you.

Is that what causes that? Very annoying when farming.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I very much enjoy the Slocum Joe vendor bot.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
lol they really cut down the available freebie atoms didn't they? plus you have to play consistently to get any

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rinkles posted:

lol they really cut down the available freebie atoms didn't they? plus you have to play consistently to get any

Yes. It is supposed to be offset by them giving good cosmetics.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

guess I'm never getting the ammo converter. dumb me assumed it was a new regular in-game item :aslol:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I started playing again after Wastelanders dropped, but the "end game" being doing a quest for the raiders, a quest for the settlers, then logging off completely took my desire to play away.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rinkles posted:

guess I'm never getting the ammo converter. dumb me assumed it was a new regular in-game item :aslol:

It is rank 3 on the legendary run. Just do a set of weekly challenges and you are good.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

It is rank 3 on the legendary run. Just do a set of weekly challenges and you are good.

Yup, super easy to get if you want. I know they said they were gonna fix the ammo converter, but wow is that interface aweful.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

i know, but i don't think i even want to touch this poo poo. gently caress them for tying a cool gameplay item to their manipulative monetization scheme. the ammo converter is strategically placed to get people engaged.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
The ammo converter takes so little effort, it would be one thing if it was a high level item but it’s not. There is enough trash to talk about beth and the system but putting the converter there is basically an incentive to get engaged. No one is paying money to get it, play the game and you’d probably just stumble into it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I don't like being compulsed to play at a specific time to get gameplay relevant rewards

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

The specific time is at all times for the next three months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I don't want to play at the moment, but I might want to use the converter next year or whenever I feel like returning to the game.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 8, 2020