Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

isndl posted:

Thanks for the new thread without ghosts, but another settlement needs your help.

What's the most underrated settlement? There's maybe half a dozen that everyone uses for various reasons, but what about the more uncommon ones?

Murkwater Construction Site is a good place to send people you hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

dragonshardz posted:

On the other hand, you can make Codsworth into Metal Gear AND have your French synth waifu. It's a win-win.

Inferior to French Metal Gear.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

One ridiculously tiny tweak that I would have personally found satisfying:

Include a few terminal notes etc about Vault 111 including subliminal learning experiments. Having spent over two centuries in the pod you have absorbed an entire library-of-congress worth of civil engineering courses and journals. That's why you can build anything, from anything. And hence why you're rebuilding the infrastructure of the commonwealth so easily when nobody else could.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Powershift posted:

I think the games will still be individually judged on their merits, but every time you grab a potion off a shelf, pay 30 Ebony to reset your potion cooldown, and get murdered by a flying wheel of cheese, you'll obviously blame the lovely engine.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So do i just give Obsidian all my money now or what?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Powershift posted:

also LOL 18 fuckin dollars for a black jpg that goes over your power armor.

Wait
waitwaitwait

Did Bethsoft hire the Star Citizen guy?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

RagnarokZ posted:

I'm just going to try and be constructive briefly.

This would work better with private servers. as a single-player game.

Chop out all the online crap and I might buy it for $10.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

Starfield will sell well because it will be the only space RPG on offer now that Mass Effect is dead

The Outer Worlds will be 400% better than Starfield.

It won't sell as well though.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

why are all the skins more expensive

With few players, they need to skin the whales for all they're worth to even come close to income predictions. If the game had a large player base they could go for a 'cheap, high-volume' model, but that's not an option.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The president in Fallout 2 said "we barely got our birds up in time", but there's no particular reason he'd know the truth.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

I think the big draw was that you didn't have to pay for the game.

When I was a teenager this was the case.
As an adult I started to buy games, but on several occasions I cracked games I'd legitimately bought because they ran better/at all that way.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Banning people for using easily-discovered and replicated bugs is not how you do this. That's a bug; that's on you to fix.

That's not that uncommon (though usually you fix the bug first). What's Bethesda is that they're banning people who look like they probably used the bug, because they have no way to tell.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

This question is more for any RPG that lets you pick your PC's gender, but since Fallout and Elder Scrolls seem to be the go-to games for people creating dead-eyed waifus, this spot is as good as any to ask. I was wondering what people's reasons are for choosing to play as female player characters?

Games that have a significant aspect of character customisation usually also have a significant Pretty Princess Dress-Up element, and women's clothing and hairstyles are usually more numerous and more varied. Plus I find the female form itself more aesthetically pleasing than the male one, but that's a taste issue.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Donovan Trip posted:

A car in creation engine will be a reskinned horse that for reasons uses explosions to propel it physically forward an invisible Skyrim giant clubbing it to send it hurtling away

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Donovan Trip posted:

I love trash and I love pipboy

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Pipboy.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I've had similar experiences in remote regions of South America. It really is amazing what the sky looks like when you get away from all the light pollution.

On the topic of 76, any updates on those bag replacements? It has been radio silence since Bethesda let people request replacements but just ended up doxxing people.

I assume it just got forgotten once the promise made the media move on. Why spend money now?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I saw the game announcement, saw 'always-online multiplayer-only' and checked out. I only checked back in again when it turned out to be an amusing target for mockery.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I do remember seeing a screenshot with a full on 'happy merchant' shopkeeper.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I can't find anything on it now so I wouldn't place absolute reliance on my memory though.

Edit: \/ yeah that was it

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 12, 2019

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

TGLT posted:

is that a loving joke? edit: loving why. At least individual pieces of equipment have a few different values to track. An integer value is the same size either way.

Is it a hardcap, or do they just ban you if you have over 25K caps (you must have been cheating).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'd pay :tenbux: for 76 if they fixed the bugs, made it offline singleplayer, and made the world persistent.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

They were making custom stuff? I had assumed all companies like this bought existing ripoffs off Alibaba for a few cents a piece.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So did those hacks drop? Any good salt?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Give us ghostrock bombs.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

Wrong post-apocalyptic setting, ya dingus.

But a better one.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is this game good yet?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

:stonklol:

If New California was the first big ""professional"" indie Fallout mod and this is the second, I don't know if I'm ready to see what Fallout: Miami is going to bring to the table.

Cake farting.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If I make the mistake of playing this, what sort of build should I look at at low levels?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

According to the wiki compound bows have insane damage-per-ap. Is that because reload time isn't taken into account?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ran around a little having no idea what I'm doing. Where should I start to secure a supply of food and water?
I found a few pieces of T-51b, should I hang on to them or vendor them?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there any reason I shouldn't wander into someone else's CAMP, pick some crops, cook them on their stove, do some crafting, then wander out again?

What's the most efficient way to get rid of the radiation all this eating and drinking gives me? Do I just have to hope for looting radaway?

As a melee weapons user now and planning on heavy weapons later which SPECIAL stats should I prioritise?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Switched to a pump-action shotgun for right now, seems to work better.
I eat and drink to heal, in order to save stimpaks.
My current strategy is to grab everything, since nothing sells for more than 3-4 caps and a flower or lump of dog meat still sells for 1 cap, so I vendor worthless crap in large quantities to make cash.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If I mod a weapon can I transfer the mods to a higher-level version of the same weapon?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I learnt the mod recipes from scrapping, but I have to spend the screws etc anew?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The first melee attack in VATS teleports me to my opponent, is there any benefit to making the followup attacks in VATS.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What sort of things should I be keeping an eye out for when I go through peoples vending machines?

Looting their water purifiers and crops doesn't remove the item for them too does it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Should I hold off on finishing the Crane quest until I'm level 50? Or just go ahead at 13?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Friendship ended with pump-action shotgun. Now Instigating Explosive Black-Powder Pistol is my new best friend.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dang I need addictol. Never even seen it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What Perk do I need to make heavy guns more accurate? Is it Ground Pounder?

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 14, 2021