Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I'll take an Instigating Handmade if you want to get rid of it, maybe something else depending on what you have. I hang out on the Discord.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Apr 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

This game is stupid and bad.

Anyway I just spent about five hours working on a new camp. It's alright looking.

Glacially approaching mediocrity though!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
All the scout poo poo is surprisingly a gigantic grind. There is no precedent that this game has ever or will ever do gigantic grinds for even the most basic poo poo ever.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I asked in discord about the high capacity backpack and they told me you can't even use it anymore unless you can make it yourself. That's eight Possum badges. But not to worry they also said they found someone who's willing to give them the blueprint for me for what I can only assume to be a sacrifice so horrible I don't even want to know. I am however grateful for whatever limbs, internal organs, and parts of their soul they're willing to give up just so I can have some dumbass virtual backpack.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
^For about four hours if you go at a reasonable pace, two if you rush it and can fast travel everywhere. Gotta give credit though they actually have skill checks in conversations now.

Jagged Jim posted:

Is it really that big of a surprise that they made a game changing item where you can either do a massive unfun grind to acquire or buy it in the cash shop?

Oh you can't buy that one in the cash shop, someone does have to grind for it. But there was this one guy on the Steam forums who has played the game for an average of 12 hours every single day since it has released. The base backpack is a bit grindy to get to but as far as I know you can't get that in the Atom Shop either. In fact the repair and scrap kits are a loving terrible deal as well, as are the scrap bot and freezer. The only thing worth a drat is the storage space that's part of the subscription that actually lets you use the base storage for collecting cool poo poo you may want to keep around for a second build to switch to or just because it's cool to have.

They are only doing this because it worked for Elder Scrolls Online only people didn't mind it there since you could get a decent amount of storage for plain ingame gold and had access to up to five big guild banks to store even more poo poo. But I am also the guy who can't understand all those minimalist builds who can barely carry their gear to just break the game with their damage output. Scavenging and collecting poo poo is the biggest reason I even put up with this but I guess I'm poo poo out of luck.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Eh, player numbers for it are actually worse than for Fallout 4 at this very moment, I took a screenshot earlier but it's on the other machine and it dropped out of even the top 100 on Steam charts which is really loving dire for a release like this.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

There's certainly more stuff, not ALL of which is only in the Atom Shop. They also decreased the budget of a lot (or all?) items by about 25% so yes, you can have more stuff in your base. I don't think they increased the physical size though.

Adding to that defenses now don't just take up ungodly amounts of budget anymore but you have limited turret slots so you can actually do a fair bit with camps these days. Still don't think it goes far enough but hey, it's a start.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I noticed a "fixed ultrawide" mod on the Nexus earlier, so probably.

Glad to know this bug is still in!

Well yeah no modders to fix that bug with this one.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
They probably did, I didn't encounter that in Fallout 4 at all. Either time I used power armor. It's probably in the community bugfix mod somewhere. I'd be playing that right now if I had the patience to rebuild my mod list, i got carried away later on and it would be quite a task.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

infernal machines posted:

Is the stuff just clipping through whatever normal?

I had a defense earlier where I couldn't kill the last enemy because it clipped into a piece of decoration I couldn't remove so I had to wait until some small part of it clipped out of that to kill it. So yes, bad clipping is very normal. It also goes the other way. You get poo poo blocked by empty space all the time as well.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 18, 2020

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

infernal machines posted:

Huh. It sounds like they just straight lifted it from FO4, in theory there are bounding boxes on everything and in practice they're only ever active if two objects meet at right angles on a perfectly level plane

Because that's what they did.

Edit: ^ No, they changed plenty, the selection bar is up top now instead of down below. Totally different.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 18, 2020

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Floppychop posted:

Honestly, having private servers would probably solve 99% of FO76's problems. Give me the ability to host my own server and mod it so I can fix their lovely problems.

Though they'll never do that because of the ATOM shop.

Conan Exiles can do it. You can only use DLC content you own and that stuff is not in the mod kit to change.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Chamale posted:

How does the difficulty compare to Fallout 4 on Survival? I don't mind dying, but I really hate the feeling of helplessly emptying my gun into a bullet sponge.

If you hate bullet sponges you will hate this.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Rinkles posted:

I don't think it was that bad, just gotta know how to pick your battles and stay prepared. For me it's the 50+ level fights that could become slogs.

Yeah, end game get very bad for this. Although I admit it's not consistent but you often get super mutants who can just tank an entire magazine with stealth bonus to the face or most robots. This is countered by the unyielding build that needs very specific gear or just going full power armor and heavy weapon shooting roughly ten thousand bullets every second.

Incoming damage is weird too, I've had maxed level enemies barely leave a scratch and level ten enemies taking out a third of my health bar with every shot.

Edit: V yeah, unyielding does make you punch incredibly hard though. Also the bloodied gun you'd use with that.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 20, 2020

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
So they actually wore me down enough to buy a month of first while I was drunk the other day and now that I'm actually trying to get a private world for some farming it just keeps timing out. I knew it was a bad idea before but way to loving go.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

i vomit kittens posted:

Are there any redeeming qualities to the story/exploration of this game with Wastelanders out that would make it worth picking up if I'm a huge Fallout nerd? The cheapest I see it is for $35 on GMG.

The map is really good and one of if not the only redeeming quality the game has. If you're into the lore and everything I'd suggest you stay as far away as possible, the game shits all over established poo poo. Also while it's arguably worth playing for a subset of people it's at best barely worth paying for, especially for the asking price but if you can find an old copy for very cheap you can still transfer that from their launcher to Steam.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

TorakFade posted:

Hmm thanks for this, I had no idea shotgun perks were strength related. Now it just gets worse though ... I want perception for VATS and perks, strength for carry weight and perks, agility for stealth and AP, endurance for HP if I go melee and intelligence for repair/modding/crafting (this one maybe less necessary, but I just like it)

is Luck very important? Every guide I see says it's one of the most important things if you use VATS, and I do use it at times, but it seems a "meh" stat, I mean I guess criticals are good but I often forget to even use them, and there's times where I don't even use VATS at all...

The only Endurance perk that's worth a poo poo is Fireproof and the HP you get per point of Endurance are a complete joke. If you go VATS yeah, you're gonna need a fair bit of Luck, For most builds you want at least three points there anyway for maxed Bloody Mess. Five point of Int are nice to have too for Gunsmith.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Almost like they just slapped some more poo poo on it without any care or forethought.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

BattleMaster posted:

Are we sure this is a bug, because taking stuff from people they've killed and not giving it back when asked is what I'd expect raiders to do

:colbert:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Pick a weapon class, take all the perks for that class except the weight reduction and reaload speed, take Bloody Mess, fill in the blanks with whatever you like except Endurance perks.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well yeah so they can sell you the solution later. Of course they dialed that back what with all the backlash.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
What do you mean "until proven otherwise"? You can present these people with well sourced numbers and actual sales figures and they will still tell you you're wrong. This is Star Citizen levels of cultish behavior and it's way beyond just funny, it's disturbing.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah but you get poo poo only worth two and a half days and farming everything takes 41 weeks according to this one guy who made a video about it. Just the Power Armor alone with mods takes four months so it doesn't really make a difference.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Eh, water purifiers are still nice when you're not hitting your daily cap cap and picking that poo poo up regularly gives you a nice boost, especially when starting out. All the purifiers take the same amount of budget though so it makes little sense to build anything but the biggest ones.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Berke Negri posted:

morglon ran me through my first nuke silo to get the quest down a couple weeks back and even with both of us just cheesing in chinese stealth armor it was still probably the most unpleasant experience i had in the game

That wasn't my fault though, spawns were super glitched out and we had tons of Assaultrons. Did it a few days before and a few days after on my own and I don't think I took any damage even either of those times.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Is that a Big Iron on your hip or are you just happy to see me?

Edit: That's not even in there? Shameful.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 16, 2020

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
The big update that fixed so much really didn't fix anything except now you have some more story content.There's still launch era bugs. Fallout 4 launch era.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

TorakFade posted:

But all considered I've played many worse games.

And they all ended up in a deep hole in New Mexico. Weird.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Rinkles posted:

My brother can't play with his friends anymore because he doesn't show up on their in game social feeds when online.

Anybody heard of this bug, or how to fix it?

Try using the one from the main menu, the social thing is still ten kinds of hosed but sometimes that one works better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Not gonna lie, that quest distilled the tedious “this is bullshit” feeling I get in a real dmv to perfection.

Yeah but pointing at it and saying "see how much this sucks" then still doing it doesn't make it suck less. Happens a bunch in games these days too.