Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
This looks like a very typical Asian MMO to my uneducated eyes, except with Fallout 4 assets.

e: that's not a good look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

You can have her as a companion if you make a robot and assign it the Assaultron voice.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Stuffed into a toilet

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Fun trivia: F2's Myron and New Vegas' Boone were played by the same voice actor, Jason Marsden

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

jank

I just like saying jank

jank :kiddo:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That is very bad, especially compared against even some things they did in F4 (the fire/smoke cloud in Far Harbor come to mind).

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Honest question: What choices can you make that affect the world in base Fallout 4? There's the faction you choose which affects the ending, there's base building that causes NPCs to show up and provide you resources (but don't otherwise affect the narrative), and...?

Aside from the somewhat cosmetic things like, the arrival of the Pryddwen and the way the Cambridge Police Station changes as you progress in the Brotherhood quests, stuff like that, you can also kill named NPCs and they are just gone and don't come back, and their quests are gone etc.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Locking out weapons until you hit certain levels is really dumb. It's not like the game prevents you from going into areas where you are severely underleveled.

What if you have little baby arms and cannot hold up the big manly gun

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

If a few hundred computer nerds have to suffer so the world can have a good cowboy video game, its worth it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Managed to resist 76 all this time and finally the price of 10 bucks got me :smith:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

why is there a 5 second pause between each and every line of dialogue

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

every bit of dialogue so far has been seriously excruciating, also all the dialogue menus take aaaaaaaaaaaaages to pop up. lots of plain old dead air time!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4GHz, 50ish megabit internet, it uh, seems unlikely to me that I don't have enough hardware to do video game audio playback.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Sensenmann posted:

It's the servers. You can sit on a gigabit line and you would still suffer because some servers are legit poo poo. Just hop when it gets annoying, there is nothing you can do to fix it.

thanks, I wish I had known this up front but oh well.

same

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I'm pretty sure I had this exact interaction last night actually
e: I was stuck in walk mode because I had hit the key (forward slash) and couldn't figure out how to turn it off because they remapped it from the original walk toggle, caps lock and all the google hits mentioned the old key map

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Having a super hard time liking this, the dialogue (even the non-interactive tapes) all has these huge weird aggravating pauses between every line and the walking around scavenging containers is also janky and slow. I have something like 2700 hours (!) in Fallout 4 so it's not that I have any problems with Bethesda or the setting. Heck it makes me want to start up F4 right now :emo:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Level 17. Found a pink and white striped skirt with matching bobby socks and oxford saddle shoes. Game has my grudging approval.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Oct 19, 2021

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I feel like I'm utterly jammed behind lead and screws :mad:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Screws are a pain and will be for awhile. Lead is easily fixed by picking up every empty can, paint, pencil, rat poison, battery, or children's toy. Those items are plentiful.

I'm getting to the point where I enjoy the game now but wow there are some really bad newbie traps in this game. Mainly conserve the poo poo out of screws, don't wear metal armor etc.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Rinkles posted:

those would frequently be ransacked by other players

Yeah out of about 20 checks of various sites I had looked up/found I scored exactly one time.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

the whole perk card collecting thing can suck my rear end

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

- it lets you take cards past maximum usable without warning you
- if you cap a stat you can no longer draw cards for that stat
- what is the point of giving you access to multiple perk loadouts at level 25 when you don't have perk cards to make another build with unless you are extremely lucky

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

okay but level 25 is when it's given to you. and yes I kind of realized already the system is oriented towards the chronics with immense time sunk into single characters. it is a very bad new player experience.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah I spent the free atoms I got leveling on an extra perk loadout and extra camp slot.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Haha they sell that poo poo for atoms? gently caress bethesda. It really was a slippery slope.

I've gotten something like 3000 atoms just playing, I don't think it's a really big deal but I have zero urge to buy any of the CAMP or cosmetic stuff either.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

made 50 and had saved up about 450 scrip, I did not expect to get this in 6 rolls though

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

blowing myself up with my own sneak attacks is a small price to pay for the best combination of mods on the best gun for what I was already doing anyway (sneak attacking commando) although yes I am familiar with explosion resistance mods etc, one of the armor pieces I rolled was a heavy metal chest with explosion reduction as one of the mods and chameleon as the other (need to unlock the exp. reduction armor mod for heavy metal but eh) :shobon:

also an arm piece with regeneration on it

e: the acc penalty doesn't bother me that much because I was already using VATS/Concentrated Fire 3
a bad build

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Oct 24, 2021

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Rinkles posted:

When the game came out it sometimes simply wouldn't work, even at point blank ranges. you'd have a 95% chance to hit and miss all 5 shots.

I see this sometimes with shooting bursts at near targets with clear LOS and they all miss, so I tab/Q to restart it and then they hit. this was with a non-legendary gun with good mods on it (combat rifle, high end short barrel, stock etc) and 80+ to-hit showing on the screen.

e: I still like it and use it though, I'm totally fine not aiming all my shots manually, and yes as mentioned it will often lose lock on a target that is moving

Discospawn posted:

Unless this is an ironic reference to something I don't recognize.

pretty sure that was sarcastic :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Incredible roll. Congrats. I just pulled 4 guns with combos I want to try out. The big one was a lmg with exploding.

I would have been happy with either of these, I really did not expect to break the game in half right after hitting 50

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

so, the regeneration perk on legendary armor a) stacks and b) fixes limb damage :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

at level 60ish I am soloing legendary scorchbeasts very easily, especially once they land and I can just empty the gun into their face. that 2 shot/exploding handmade gun is so busted lmao
e: they usually don't even spot me before they die
e: well lol there went all my ammo

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 25, 2021

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

that's generous, thanks

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I looked into what's involved in getting your character/account name to not be a gigantic gibberish string of letters and numbers and, well, that poo poo is loving. RIDICULOUS. lmao

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I did not realize the explosive damage perk was under Intelligence in F76, so I moved some poo poo around and now have Demolition 5, and that stupid 2-shot/explosive handmade is even more busted :blastu:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

when u nutted but she keep suckin

combat shotgun :toot:

e: I don't think Furious is really doing anything helpful but it's a funny gun anyway

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 28, 2021

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

even on single targets I don't think it's that helpful for a shotgun unless it's versus something very big and very close, everything ordinary dies in one headshot anyway so the furious mod isn't really doing anything :shrug:
e: and that's with no perks at all in shotgun

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Sensenmann posted:

Isn't this "fixed" by linking your Steam account to your Bethesda account?

Found this, which seems to have worked for some people:

working on this some more:
if your steam account is already linked to a bethesda.net account, but you've lost track of the bethesda account (I think this may have happened when I first got Fallout 4, a few years ago now) and I no longer have access to the old email used for that. I gather that if F76 sees that your steam ID is linked to a bethesda account, but it can't link to that account for whatever reason, it creates a one-off generic account just for F76. Right now I have a ticket open and the text of the ticket is warning me that if I unlink from this, my F76 character info will get wiped :ohdear:

hopefully they don't gently caress it up in the process of just fixing my display name

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I just finished the Raider main quest and I really enjoyed it, as well as Rose in Top of the World, it engaged me enough that I will probably start another character or two to try some other builds/visit some other content. I got to the Brotherhood questline and my immediate reaction was "lol gently caress these people" but I might give it another try with a different character :shrug:

Personal favorites were Gail and Ra Ra :kimchi:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I am never the kind of player in any of these games who grinds out the utterly maxed out perfect build, I am absolutely fine being suboptimal, thanks for the advice though :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

i flunked out posted:

How is it useful (other than in a silo, where its pretty evident how it can be useful)? I'm genuinely asking, did they buff the lockpick rewards? They were pretty crappy last time I checked, and alot of the plans that were part of their loot pool became widely accessible during the vendor update a couple of years ago.

there are a lot of alternate routes through areas that are gated behind a lockpick or hacking check, while you can obviously get through the content without doing these it lets you get to the cheese quicker, if you want. it's subjective but I agree the ability to skip the minigames is a tremendous plus, once you've done them a few hundred times they don't get more fun (especially hate the hacking minigame).

TyrsHTML posted:

They are asking if the rewards in locked poo poo are any better. My experience is, no they still don't really matter.

yeah I don't think the stuff behind locked containers is ever really good, that's a flaw with all of Bethesda's Fallout games, people lock 2 chunks of radroach meat behind a tier 3 lock