Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

I would love to see an actual developed post-war society in a modern Fallout game though. It wouldn't even have to be something utopic like the ending slides of F2's Arroyo, even something futuristic but just bad in a different way (a la Vault City) instead of more ruins would be kind of great.

I would play the poo poo out of 3d FPS Shadowrun: New Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that a lot of the content design teams and writers never really collaborated with each other, so you had a bunch of cells just churning out random poo poo that someone had to go back to later and stitch into some weird Frankenstein story. The little, individual set pieces and vignettes are nice but overall the main story bounces around and makes little coherent sense. See: the earlier discussion on the total lack of urgency in the main quest despite it's best effort to railroad you into your son.

Yeah I like this change in design philosophy introduced by Skyrim - having a shortcut right to the exit makes little sense outside of a game play perspective but I'll suspend my disbelief just long enough if it means I don't need to run backwards through an otherwise empty dungeon just to get to the exit.

The door that the Vault was designed with for obvious reasons is jammed and can only be opened from the other side of this dungeon works tbh.

Why doesn't the door to the main hallway work? *checks terminal* Oh, okay then.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Bethesda games just kind of fling loot at you nonstop. In Fallout you couldn't loot every single suit of armor from every person you killed and then sell them.

I remember playing the F1 demo which was simplified Junktown where you basically just walked up to one of the sides and said 'yeah I'm with you', then shoot mans. Every single person dropped armor along with their guns/ammo/loot but it didn't matter because the game either ended when you left or you couldn't exit the map, I don't remember.

E: Kinda glad they didn't have every single idiot raider drop armor because that would have hilariously blown out the economy of the game. Fought 3 raiders in an early game random encounter? Congrats, you have like 15k caps (10 if you equip one of the armors).

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 8, 2018

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I only watched the trailer so where are we getting the base building from? That one shot with 3 people(?) pressing F to play music?

The only thing I saw was a 4v4 shooter with Fallout guns...and the Fallout engine. Sure F4 was better than F3/NV for gunplay but it's no new DOOM. I wonder who owns the engine to new DOOM anyway...

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

I can't fathom how mods are going to be anything other than Creation Club micro-DLCs within the framework and parameters they've set out for how this game works.

Agreed, if for no other reason than there is no other feasible way of delivering the same mod to everyone who connects to the server.

TheSwizzler posted:

People can see your $3 Pip-Boy mod now.

Cosmetic-only paid upgrades is the best possible outcome. Pay to win is bullshit and I'm hoping that Bethesda understands this.

E: Todd my man, let me spend $10 on a bright yellow power armor skin and $5 on a pink gun with hearts on it and you probably got $20 from me. Planetside 2 Higby's Heroes represent!

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 12, 2018

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

LMAO if you lose 2 hours of progress to getting stuck inside a curb just suck it up and do better next time. Jobs and social lives are for casuals.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

LMAO if you get so mad about video game "progress" that you troll about it years later.

I'm the idiot who just did that on a brand new survivor run yesterday.

So uh...owned?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

Yeah. That happened once and I learned from it and it never happened again.

Are you gonna whine forever about it?

Yes, I am the one who is off base here.

What name do you post under on NMA?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

2house2fly posted:

Wait what? Did they not put the indicators for those things on the main screen?

There's a generic doctor's bag icon for 'you need some antibiotics' but it doesn't say what's wrong or how it affects you.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

cargohills posted:

It might not have an explicitly mandatory introduction, but it still has an introduction. If you try to stray from the path of the first quest you'll find instadeath Cazadors and Deathclaws. If you specifically try to avoid following the path you can, but if you're desperate to do that in 3 or 4 then you can just save at the end of the intro and start again from there.

This is one of the things that pisses me off the most with the Fallout 4 intro on Survival; can't save without sleeping, and the game won't let you sleep in the vault because 'MY SHAUN' so you can't make a save that you can use to try out alternate builds without going through the whole intro again.

E: Oh hey, somebody made a Fallout 4 mod for Heavy Rain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAhG9D9UO7c

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Fallout 76 will have no NPCs.

In other news, you can get missions from robots who probably aren't NPCs at all.

E: ToddBot420 will ask you to score him some weed but IRL.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

look i know you plebs arent plugged into the gaming industry but i have it on good authority that if you deliver a QP of weed to toddbot420 except irl he will give you a green power armor skin

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

I wish all those hours of your settlers hammering on bits of house, etc, actually did something.

Sturges is my favorite character because he spends months trying to reattach a piece of siding to the house and is all like 'hey in between your horribly dangerous missions to kill raiders and recreate the Minutemen, could you maybe build some beds and water pumps? Also the tweaker wants a chair.'

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

No you try it.

No you.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

dont be mean to me posted:

You can probably drive a car nearly right up to Mojave Outpost, at least from the California side.

Or you could, until it became an open-range pack brahmin ranch 2281.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Father Wendigo posted:

This is a really good point!

But there's something House wants, something the NCR isn't even considering, that's already budded in his backyard - space travel. Provided you took the best choice, House is poised to stumble onto a trained, flight-tested posse of ghouls and one scientist who have backwards engineered functional space travel. The husk's withered dingus would probably ejaculate dust when he realizes space travel isn't a decades away pie-in-the-sky dream, it's years away at most. Even if it's still years away, but just imagine the crazy poo poo everyone had in orbit before everything fell apart.

House can also rescue the kids from Little Lamplight after it flooded if someone would just listen to his plan to repurpose Pulowski Preservation Shelters.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Man it's crazy that the same people who put effort into making that map are the same people who wrote "Ceasar's Legion"

Ceezers Leegers

E: That map is insulting to my Chosen Ancestor. You might leave Den without splattering Metzger all over the wall, but you always come back after you've got a FAL or two. :colbert:

E2: Or a Marcus.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 24, 2018

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The Zombie Guy posted:

I wandered over to check this out, and I found power armour, but it was T-45. I left it where it was, and I'll try coming back later.

It's leveled on zone entry so that one is stuck at T45 forever. If you had somehow managed to not activate that zone until level eleventy billion, you'd have a rusting set of X01 sitting there.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

UED Special Ops posted:

One thing about House that always stuck me as kinda weird is his interaction with The Kings post-game. If you don't do anything to stop The Kings from harassing and even out right attacking NCR citizens, House silently approves and lets it continue to happen. Yet if you convince The Kings to make peace with them, House flips out, declares The Kings enemies of the state, and sends his robots to gun them down in the street to the last man. Would think that stopping attacks on your number one customer base, which would in turn increase money flowing into New Vegas and at the same time remove a reason for NCR retaliation in the future would be a good thing, but nope, House would rather wipe out the only thing keeping Freeside from collapsing into total anarchy all for daring to do something that would greatly benefit New Vegas and thus House in the long run. House has already shown that he doesn't care at all about Freeside and yet this sends him over the edge?

Also kinda found it odd that in an NCR ending Goodsprings would somehow come under NCR control and thus taxes and yet just about every other independent town doesn't. Always struck me as kinda of a petty, well every other town is doing fine, but Goodsprings will have Easy Pete and like 1 other farmer move away, oh no.

House and his robots are the few characters in gaming history where you can handwave a 'lol we forgot to test for that' into 'lol House forgot to test for that'.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I mean, a courier who is known to peek inside the box probably isn't getting too many more jobs.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

i honestly cant remember if there are many in 3, 3 is just a blurry mess

Speech 999: IDK maybe the guy who is immune to radiation should go in there.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Republic of Virginia Dave

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Rincewinds posted:

Yes, I think part of the no npc stick was the realization that the first thing that would happen once players exited the vaults would be that some many all most players would head over to the nearest npc camp to butcher them, before heading over to the next camp to try out their new poo poo and get more shines, rapidly outgearing the players searching dumpsters.

Then you would get people complaining about missing npcs and failed quests, and if they made npcs essential, people complain that they could not loot them and the lack of repercussions, so no npcs ever.

Counterpoint: Flick is unkillable, but he still drops a good pistol.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

bethesda counterpoint: rage2 will ship with new planet-textures

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

imagining liam neeson rebooting the simulation repeatedly

i have a very specific set of skills

*ERROR: simulation re-adjust

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

I've been laughing all day at this. The most famous design flaw in the history of programming and they repeated it.

I genuinely think it is possible that they tried to create their own datetime type but implemented it as seconds since the most recent Jan 01 00:00.

E: Non-zero chance their encryption is rot64(base64(value))

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

If the guy who does the title cards at E3 has any balls at all, he will label todd as director, fallout 76 for the rest of his career

From the Todd that brought you Fallout 76, we are bringing Rage 2021. It checks all the cyberpunk checkboxes *video of William Gibson saying okay out of context while being weirded out*, also we employed people who are really living the cyberpunk dystopia *videos of their employees at work*

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

The fact is, I would loving love a good game set in a post-apocalyptic Appalachia. Having driven through West Virginia several times, it's a good creepy setting right now is and it would be great for a non-fallout game.

s/Med-X/oxycodone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23109 posted:

Fallout Equestria's goal is to allow YOU the chance to live the Fallout Equestria dream by replacing every single humanoid NPC with ponies.