Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I love Fallout 76, it has brought me more entertainment than any other game this year, by far.

I didn’t buy it or anything, but I’ve watched every single YOUTUBE PROVOCATEUR video about it, from 5 minute sad reviews to 1 hour takedowns with bad sketches by terrible men. I just love when the internet comes together to hate on something.

Interestingly it still has an over 50 score on meta critic, it actually improved since last week (patch?). But still, looking forward to Bethesda’s next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

You expect them to afford fleece?

Baby you can’t afford me

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

I have this bag. It's a pretty good bag imo. Fit's my papers, a book, thermos, and snack when I gotta sit around at the building department for permit work. Slings comfortably and is small enough to bring around conveniently.

That's me, the goober in a government building withdrawing his engineered design documents from a bight yellow video game bag.

You’ve inspired me to go to my job with my Fallout 76(tm) helmet. Just a guy, kicking it with power armor.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Fallout 2 would’ve been better with no NPCs and if you could randomly get stuck in the world. Also sometimes you’d meet another player in the wasteland.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Fallout officially reaches that stage where it’s all callbacks to previous games or rehashed ideas (the NPC is an intelligent computer / lol remember PIP boy) without innovating in positive ways, even the perks are loving awful (it’s all “increase this number by %”)

Fallout 4 had “MY SONNNNN” at least, and tried Minecrafting

Love the Fallout 76 saga

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Adding to the patch download part

Game is 47 GB
First day patch 50 GB
Second patch 50 GB

Don’t forget the asset flips, like the end boss is a dragon from Skyrim

Todd Howard made everyone buy Skyrim again

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Fallout 76: Not exactly a preferred experience

I mean I honestly don’t care that the game came out buggy, but Fallout 4 was 3 years ago.

What happened in these 3 years? Didn’t Obsidian release New Vegas like a year after Fallout 3?

Maybe they just hosed around for a year and FO76 is an 18 month project

I’d really like a new Bethesda open world game, Fallout or Elder Scrolls, but they’re loving about with stuff like this, the mobile games, the online games, the card games, nylon bags, etc

I mean, dance with the one that brought you to the ball

Edit: to be fair, they let everyone know about the T-Poses straight from the trailer

Comfy Fleece Sweater fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 30, 2018

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Archonex posted:

That trailer was legitimately funny though.

They stole the whole "dancing with an uzi" thing from an old meme however. Never expected to see it in a live action trailer for a video game like a decade after the fact.

By faaaaar the best thing about Fallout 76 is the trailers, A+ quality

Interesting that the only survivors on the wasteland were all from a model agency

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Low Desert Punk posted:

so what percentage of fans are still going to gobble up the next Fallout game bethesda shits out. I assume it's a majority

It's like the dudes that bitch about Madden but still give EA money every year

I’m not a fan but I’ll take a look

Thing is, nobody else does what Bethesda offers, literally all AAA publishers are on games as a service or mobile, Fallout and Skyrim are basically it, and for years there’s been no competition for open world FPS RPGs, the Witcher 3 offered so,etching similar and it did gangbusters

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Glenn Quebec posted:

If the next game isn't on a new engine I'm out.

Start packing your bags then, Bethesda will die before the creation engine does

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Glenn Quebec posted:

I'd also like to iterate how stunning that comment is coming from me. Even after F4, I'd stand by and say that I would always get a Bethesda game because I like them despite the jank. I wouldn't say that now.

Jesus Christ. All they needed to do was make it 2 - 4 player coop. Sprinkle it with the most basic storyline and NPC and they're be sitting on an 8 or a 9.

Same boat buddy, FO 76 is the first I haven’t bought since the first one. Sad but I guess I’m not that much of a fan anymore

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Blizzard games that suck:
World of Warcraft
Diablo 3
Diablo Immortal
Honestly the last good game they made was Warcraft 3

Good news, they’re remastering it! No new games, it’s all remasters now!

To be fair, Diablo 3 doesn’t so much suck
More like it’s so old and has such outdated mechanics, it’s not top tier like Diablo 2 was for years after

I recently tried World of Warcraft and it’s amazing how old and bad it looks. The interface, the control scheme, the text quests, it was great 13 years ago but today it’s laughable.
I’m not surprised WOW is bleeding subscribers, I’m surprised it still has so many people paying.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Catalyst-proof posted:

Attention is not some kind of weird hypocrisy-currency, and there's nothing "weird" about spending time and attention on something that sucks.

While we're at it, Roger Ebert spent an awful lot of time writing about movies that sucked. Seems weird to me. Passive aggressive shrug. :shrug:

Yeah

If you like products, it’s weird to discuss when products are bad

But thats the internet for ya

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I mean technically all those ghouls are NPCS

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Stop the harassment!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

El Pollo Blanco posted:

This thread has nothing on the DA2 thread, we're never going to see something as wondrous as that again in our lifetimes.

I missed that, what happened?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Just to clarify: I hate that idiot whining about feeling victimized for liking the game

Everyone else is cool, carry on

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Sodomy Hussein posted:

the game actually gets worse as you go along.

I love it

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

The beginning of the game has your character sleeping in late and missing their going away party. Balloons and confetti but not a single living human. That tone is the entire game. Just you wandering upon other dead people's leftovers. Even most holo tapes are just last wills and speeches before gunfire.

I mean, that *sounds* like an interesting idea, maybe not a fun game, but it makes sense for a wasteland to feel empty, unlike Fallout 4 which felt like a theme park

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Pinely posted:

Yep. The game is like a dead body. It can't react to the player outside of basic reflexes and the only interesting way to interact with it is to cut it open and find out why it died.

The lack of NPCs suggests the victim was strangled and there's no good writing anywhere, meaning they didn't fight back. Interesting, there's bugs everywhere too, the killer was in a hurry. And this is weird, it's box says it's a newly released sequel but it appears at least 3 years old and it's DNA suggests it's Fallout 4's brother, maybe even fraternal twin.

Lol

Rutibex posted:

Who is going to preorder the ultra deluxe edition of Starfield after this?

Why, you got a link ?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Apparently Obsidian are not going to sit on their hands and wait for Bethesda to give them the Fallout license back. They seem to have a new game coming up that's in the same "retro-future" vein as Fallout and what do you know, the project is being lead by Tim Cain (writer and producer of Fallout 1&2). This kind of feels like the time Capcom poo poo the bed with Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, then got destroyed by Dragonball FighterZ out of left field.

https://techraptor.net/content/obsidian-entertainments-new-game-to-be-revealed-at-the-game-awards

This is loving incredible. These guys are legends

All I need now is a thief revival

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Zzulu posted:

Who gives a poo poo about money

you get to set off a nuclear bomb which is cool as heck, as opposed to "doin nothing"

You can set off nukes in FO76 too!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

And yet Obsidian is perpetually condemned for their bugs while Bethesda was forgiven multiple times and only now do they seem to be getting any major public and professional backlash for their lazy bugfixing practices.

Bethesda made their games moddable so people fixed them and improved them and everyone forgot about the bad launch eventually.

I first played Skyrim in 2015, with 4 years of patches, content, and beautiful graphics mods (all made by fans) it remains the best rpg by far I ever played.

From what I understand, FO76 doesn’t have mods, sooooo gl Todd

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Prophecy120 posted:

Someone made a mod for 'Clean' skinned generators - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout76/mods/131

This might start to raise some red flags, because Bethesda sells 'Clean Generator' skins in the atom shop for $3 each.

Ehh, I mean you can cheat Assassins Creed games into more XP, yet Ubisoft charges for those, and they still profit.

The red flags were flying before this

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Games as a Disservice

Lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

The only “big” game company with good reputation is CD Projekt red I guess, but not sure they’re AAA

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

lost my retainer posted:

the game crashes on loading for all my chars, never had a problem before

It’s for the best, friend

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Official Bethesda Suppor: I mean, maybe try shuffling poo poo around? Dunno man

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

sharknado slashfic posted:

I love this game because I don't own it

Extremely same

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

BillyC posted:

bethesda strugglin in the Database

They’re just role playing a database administrator from the 1950’s

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Someone found a fix for power armor issue which was supposedly fixed in todays patch

https://mobile.twitter.com/thezacgamache/status/1070054550457987072

Ugly underwear monster

Yup, all this sounds like the mark of a healthy, thriving online service

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I’m surprised Rocksmith uses the same engine that Fallout 76 does

Ubisoft made a music game with it and Bethesda added a fake band mini game with it

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

RoastBeef posted:

I guess I'm some kind of masochist because I'm actually enjoying this game, but the fact that it has race conditions I can exploit with my loving keyboard is just ... what that actual gently caress in tyol 2018.

Perhaps if you submit a ticket?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Bethesda is my favorite developer because I identify so much

Just a bumbling idiot walking through life not even knowing how or why I had any success in the past, and trying to repeat it just makes everything worse

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

So when are they finishing the manufacture of better online security for premium customers

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

So Fallout, the series that got started as a sort of commentary on the stupidity of war and nuclear weapons wiping most of humanity, now has you launching nuclear weapons as a reward in the endgame (not much else to do)

Something about capitalism here, but not sure how to say it.

Buy Nuka Beer

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I honestly feel bad for the team in Austin that primarily developed this game. Jesus Christ man lmao

Didn't Todd "sweet lies" Howard say this was the largest coproduction involving teams from all over Bethesda? Not that his word counts for anything, but he made it sound like everyone was involved here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

The REAL Goobusters posted:

There is no way that was actually the case lmao

Of course not, but I'm 99.9% sure he said something like that at E3, how this game involved every corner of Bethesda or something

I tried looking for the exact quote but got this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvHE2Scq4Ms

from 2016