Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

sharknado slashfic posted:

60 Minute Man is stuck in my head and I'm none too happy about it.

u-RAAAAAYYY-nium fever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Glenn Quebec posted:

That was my favorite thing of that thread. The good unwittingly picking it because he wanted to be a playboy. To be sure, he became one..

Hey, it could happen to anyone in a game or IRL right?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

"Everything is political." Aristotle, God of War ( PS4 )

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Bethesda

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

NofrikinfuN posted:

I'm having a pretty good time with my Fallout 4 replay. I've done one story mission and spent the rest of the time building and protecting settlements and wandering the wasteland. I even found a full suit of X-01 power armor this time around. :cheers:

I spent about 2 months doing this on Survival mode and it was really fun.

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.

- Kurt Vonnegut

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I used to think nukes were cool and good but then I played Fallout series games and now i think nukes are bad

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Jesus Christ how is this loving game not $20 yet

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

corn in the bible posted:

The best example of this is the robot race track where once you're spotted everyone tries to murder you for no reason

I know right? I wanted to place some bets OH poo poo EVERYONES SHOOTING

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Babylon Astronaut posted:

GOTY release with free holiday skins and pip boy blue power armor paint. $19.99

Ummmm .... sold?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Siljmonster posted:

finally, i am become pipboy

Crasher of worlds

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Being Canadian, I always think Wayne Gretzky first, but yeah, just one more thing they've corrupted.

88 was Eric Lindros' number, you shameful shameful Canadian

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I'm a Canadian who never liked hockey, fight me (not on ice because that's dumb).

I think I associate 88 with him because that was the year he got traded and all my teachers were constantly moaning about it for months (years, but at lower intensity) afterward, and we'd had the winter Olympics in my city earlier that year, and a bunch of other significant life events happened to third grader me, so my brain had a weird miswire at some point and it's stuck ever since. This is like the second time in two weeks that I've made the Gretzky = 88 mistake, no joke.

In fairness, Gretzky is a rightwing douchebag so you're not too far off

https://twitter.com/ThatsMrNeil/status/1138958105398693888

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I dropped $20 on a physical copy of this today. Maybe I'll actually get to play tomorrow after the enormous update downloads...

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

So I played for about 90 mins last night. As soon as I left the vault some dude was waiting for me and proceeded to follow me around for 45 mins explaining all the introductory quests, taking my picture as I reached each milestone and saying patronizing things like "look at you!" and "aww they grow up so fast!"

All in all a pretty accurate video game depiction of what waking up in a post apocalyptic wasteland and meeting a lonely stranger would be like.

9/10

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yeah he gave some ammo and purified water and a sweet Ritual Mask that makes me look like a True Detective villain. I was on the fence about doing a melee build but Ritual Mask + Baseball Bat is legit creepy and I'm gonna roll with it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Also I want to have sex with supermutants

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

IUG posted:

And if you don't like the food spoiling, take the dog food perk. My wife's character eats just the pre-war food and that, and I found the other day she was walking around with like 30 pounds of the stuff. She was picking it up faster than she used it.

I played a ton of Survivor FO4 and I find I'm not hurting for food, water or ammo. Also melee build seems pretty broken but fun as heck.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

A quick Fallout 76 question: Where do I get building plans that aren't 'wooden shack' themed? Like metal walls or plastic or something more pleasing. Is that something I can find in game from a vendor, something I'll unlock eventually doing quests or something I have to buy from the Atom Shop?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

IUG posted:

Usually from the robot vendors, always with caps. But I would visit other people's camps and see if they are selling them instead. I sell all my plans for 25% of what they suggest because I'm trying to get rid of them.

Perfect thanks.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yeah I mean I just run around swatting things with my rocket powered baseball bat and its pretty fun.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Beatings will continue until morale improves - Bethesda

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I played Elder Scrolls online for a couple of years on and off and none of this seems egregious to me. I always played base game without buying extra Crowns and it was still fun.

e: Of course Elder Scrolls Online isn't a buggy piece of poo poo most of the time

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Zelder posted:

I don't understand if this is a defense of the game or not

Todd says it's whatever you want it to be

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

lol hustle and bustle? Are we talking about the same game?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Valtonen posted:

Unlike fallout 76s garbage subscription at this point ESO plus actually gets you a ton of content aside from the craft bag. By the look of it the only ”content” that f76 poo poo service provides is a sex tent.

This thread is making me want to reinstall ESO actually

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Reality Sinner posted:

Fallout 3 had perks that gave special dialogue options. That was cool and used to good effect in new Vlvegas. Fo4 had every dialogue be Yes/No/Sarcastic. It is not a good game.

Counterpoint: You can have a dog as your companion. Fallout 4 is a good game.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I thought the reclaim the castle mission where you fight with your crew against the giant Mirelurk was a fun set piece.

But I also shot Shaun in the head on sight because I wanted to wrap up the quest. Then I remembered he was supposed to be my son lol

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Griefing Fallout 1st subscribers? Count me in!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

This is Fallout. Logic is a dump stat.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

i flunked out posted:

Support your private server overlords by following these rules of etiquette when you visit their domains:

1. A portion no less than 10% of all resources farmed on a private server should be given to the private server owner (hereafter referred to as the landlord). More gracious landlords can choose to waive this tax, or adjust the amount upwards as they see fit, as they are paying for the server.

2. Any rare items spawned in the private server belong to the landlord. This includes rare weapons (ex. Colored Baseball Bats), rare plans (ex. Plasma Grenade Plan), and rare outfits (ex. Colored Asylum Uniforms). If you find one, it is your duty to report it to the landlord. It is up to the landlord to decide the price at which they are willing to part with it, if any. Failure to do so will make the transgressor guilty of poaching.

3. One-shot weapons are allowed only at the landlord’s discretion, and at no time is robbing the landlord of a legendary farm opportunity allowed, unless the landlord permits it. If a legendary is slain and the landlord is not afforded the opportunity to loot it, then the one who slew the legendary must offer the loot he gathered from it.

4. Nuclear Silos are off limits, unless the landlord permits access to them. The whole of the server belongs to the landlord, so only they can decide which part gets nuked. If a nuke is permitted, the landlord has final say on where the nuke shall fall.

5. Active events are not to be started until the landlord decrees.

6. Landlords may levee a tax upon all trades and sales completed within their domain. The amount is completely up to the discretion of the landlord.

7. If a landlord requests a common item (scrap, stimpaks, purified water, etc...) it is the duty of those guests to provide it to the best of their ability. If the gathered amount is short, then it is the duty of the guests to farm the required amount.

8. If at any time the landlord’s camp is attacked, whether by A.I. enemies, or rival players, it is the duty of the guests to defend the landlord’s property and the landlord.

9. The landlord can declare whether their domain is PVP enabled or not. If the landlord declares PVP enabled, then all guests must turn Pacifist Mode to Off. If the landlord declares PVP to be disabled, then Pacifist Mode must be set to On.

10. Any part of this codified rules of etiquette can be omitted or altered by the landlord as it pertains to their private server. After all, they are the sovereign ruler of their domain

Vivat Aristocraticum!

Rule #11: NO GIRLS!!!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I had the weird desire to reinstall this today. What's the state of Fo76 I haven't played since before the Fallout 1st bullshit

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Bethesda hype train restarts with every game.

not now hype train!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I remember growing up in Montreal and knowing that we were close enough to Plattsburgh Air Force Base that if the bombs did fly we were hosed

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I started playing this again about month ago and I'm having fun puttering around, I'm doing a shotgun focused build.

Running around blasting dudes with a double barrel is a hoot.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Tenzarin posted:

Do you have the cripple skill card that makes it so you waste legs and makes them basically do nothing after that? Works on everything but scorchbeasts.

No but it looks awesome.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

That is definitely how you hold a shotgun

It is if you're cool :colbert:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

We had a false warning go out a few months ago in Toronto on the Amber Alert type emergency system (at 7am on a Sunday lol) so I took the initiative to order some RadAway I mean RadBlock

You can read about the false alarm here. It took them 2 hours to send out the 'all clear' wow such safety much public confidence increasing

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/here-s-what-we-know-about-the-mistaken-pickering-nuclear-alert-one-week-later-1.4773682

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is Bethesda still putting this game on Steam or did they quietly kill that idea

I think they're going to time it with the release of Wastelanders next month.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Tbf I think the lovely servers / lovely bugs are mostly patched out. The rest however...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Also shotgun based builds seem to break the game nearly as well as melee builds.