Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vinylshadow posted:

The reason Shaun is an old fart is because you spent a couple of decades making Settlements and making the Commonwealth prosperous again

Turns out you woke up only a few years after Shaun was actually taken

It’d be cool as gently caress if the age of Shaun varies and depends on how many sidequests / other poo poo you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Liquid Communism posted:

I just can't get over this.

Boston, 200 years post War : Burnt-out husk with pre-war skeletons everywhere, crater of eternal death rads to the south.

West Virginia, 25 years post War : Looks like Pripyat circa 2015.

It’s a bold move to say that nuclear war wasn’t actually that bad and it’s actually the vault survivors the one that further hosed the planet into an apocalypse.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m glad another game is bringing the wendigo to the spotlight. Wendigos own.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Brother Entropy posted:

even bethseda isn't stupid enough to do that after how the past year has gone

Call of Duty is chugging right along with COD points, loot boxes, and a season pass to hide DLC maps behind. Bethesda is probably just as stupid.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

I made the game a little too easy on myself with the Run the Lucky 38 mod.

Oh this sounds like a fun thing to try out.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thinking of grabbing FO4 on PC since it's on sale on Steam. Are there any glaring issues with the PC version or is it a safe grab?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I tried playing STALKER recently and oh boy did that game not age well. But to get back on Fallout, I’m having fun with it. The game’s prettier but feels way clunkier than NV. The weapons are...ok? I’m loving sick of pipe guns, though. Unarmed power armor is fun and saves me from aiming.

Still leaning the map / world and all that it has to offer but I don’t immediately hate it. I’m not paying much attention to the story, though. I had most of the twists spoiled forever ago by my brother and me watching clips on YT because I didn’t think I’d get around to playing this. I’m starting to think of what mods I’d like to get to chisel away the poo poo that’s annoying me.

But really, game’s fun.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jun 24, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

vandalism posted:

Also, jesus christ how many big titties mods do we need, Nexus? I love mods but it's all anime tiddies and poo poo everywhere.

Not enough big rear end mods, I agree.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CharlestonJew posted:

if you can't build Fisto and sodomize your friends whats the point

You won’t be able to do this in 76 so the games already a failure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAgiCGoA4sE

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

It doesn't look like you can actually drop nukes on the players themselves just specific locations from the preview clips shown. So wait until someone is dungeon crawling and open a hellmouth on them for them to exit the dungeon into.

Well a nuked area apparently IS the hell dungeon you want to do with friends to get good gear so you actually want to to nuke poo poo first just so you can scavenge it.

I really have no idea what this game wants to be. So you can set up a robot shop and craft weapons to sell? Just how easy will it be to completely break the economy? Can I set up mules to just farm materials then go back to my merchant for max profit? What’s the point of an economy in a survival crafting setting? Will everything just slowly shift from survival to just raiding (PVE and PVP) once everyone has gear and poo poo?

Is this game secretly a remake of Dark Age of Camelot???

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also can buildings/settlements be tied to only one person? So no group building shenanigans?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CharlestonJew posted:

there is no way that "bulldozer" functionality doesn't horrifically gently caress up the game in some way

It’s going to remove trees and leave open spots where you can fall through the world.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

To be fair, Diablo 3 doesn’t so much suck
More like it’s so old and has such outdated mechanics, it’s not top tier like Diablo 2 was for years after

Diablo 3 is actually super good now. They really went all in and embraced the "kill ton of poo poo, loot stuff, get bigger numbers" loop and it's super fun. The problem with it is that's not deep at loving all. The season system works good for this in that you start a season, play for a couple of weeks, and once you top off and get as far as you want / complete as much of the journey as you care for you put it away until the next season. If they could flesh out the end game some more it'd be perfect. But for what it is right now it's great as long as you don't try to sink more than a month per season into it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This was one of my favorite parts of the game, I didn't see it coming at all and it made the world feel really alive.

There’s also the bodyguard who hires thugs to make himself look good. Freeside was a cool area.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Siljmonster posted:

reminds me that Avatar made billions of dollars and no one loving remembers what its about

Space Dances With Wolves

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

I like how James Cameron thinks that people will want to see seven more Avatar movies,

Yeah, it’s cool to see a director correctly read the movie going audience.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

2house2fly posted:

It didn't actually make billions of dollars, it just had marketimg

Domestic: $760,507,625 27.3%
+ Foreign: $2,027,457,462 72.7%
= Worldwide: $2,787,965,087

It did in fact made billions of dollars.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fallom posted:

I don't want y'all to get too excited because there's a bit of conjecture required but here's a story about how a company tried to C&D a YouTuber for making a poor review of a game that came out around the time FO76 did and got his address by promising to send him swag, notably bobblehead toys, a custom PS4, and Funko pops.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/9z5mms/i_do_reviews_i_reveiced_a_cease_and_desist_after/

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/anjzhv/update_cease_and_desist_letter_after_posting_a/

:lol: this is fantastic.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wonder how much “fun” this game would be with a Minecraft style server farm. Start a new permanent instance and build and slowly nuke it into oblivion to the point where everything is irradiated endgame where you can fight poo poo and get tons of loot while you build mega structures in the safe areas. Once the map becomes too hard or you can a clean slate you can just start a new server instance.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

As Nero Danced posted:

I would say it's Ferngully mixed with Dances with Wolves, but yeah it was a supremely weak script that I honestly felt a bit embarrassed for Cameron when he said in interviews he'd been working on it for a decade.

He wrote it over a weekend then spent a decade working on the tech/vfx.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah. They have been doing this every month since release

Lmao what in the gently caress

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No Mods No Masters posted:

Thinking about the fallout 76/anthem/artifact unholy trinity, it's pretty clear that fallout 76 is the sole survivor because somehow, astonishingly, it still has a playerbase, and you can see eg this thread for proof. It might be small, but it's not effective 0 like the other two. That right there is the power of pip boy love

Counterargument: the Anthem thread is a pretty good cooking /baking thread now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That doesn’t look stealthy at all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

VRViperII posted:

I am playing the Last of Us right now so I can be ready for part 2, and let me tell you, I don’t think any game, without exception, is worth playing for the plot.

Celeste :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Debating on whether I want to jump back in on FO4 or give FO76 a shot since I can grab it on Game Pass. One one hand I've never properly finished 4 so maybe I should do that. On the other.... it's FO76.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So is there an up-to-date/current "getting started" guide anywhere? I kinda want to play a fallout game and this is on game pass so I figured why the gently caress not.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Starting this game is a bit of a slog, ain't it? Everything seems to be scaling around my level. Is that the case for everything? Only reason I haven't bothered with parties or even trying to figure out how to play with other is because I'm like level 6 with no idea what I'm doing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bird with big dick posted:

imo the game was a slog until I hit level 20 or 25 and started stomping around in power armor whacking things with a sledge hammer.

How reliable is the game with fusion cores? I remember FO4 needing a minimal amount of special/perk investment to really make them last and make power armor use more of a permanent option and ideally that's what I'd like from this game since power armors are cool as hell.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I see things are going well with Fallout Frontier

https://twitter.com/seinfelddahog/status/1354562046575173634

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Frontier got an update!

quote:

We have removed ZuTheSkunks content from the mod, namely icons and self inserts. We’d like to re-iterate that his behaviour is abhorrent and we have distanced ourselves from him as soon as we were informed of the situation.

- We have made changes to America and Mae’s content. We have removed the Slavery lines, and the lines from Mae that were inappropriate. We recognize that these topics were not handled tactfully, however, there was never any malicious intent behind the writing of the lines.

- We have locked the Trochili. Temporarily they are inaccessible but they will be re-added in an esp that will be provided optionally later.

- We have unfortunately had to remove multiple characters worth of voice acting as people have requested that they not be associated with the project going forward. We will be revoicing these characters in the future.

- We have removed content that has been asked to be removed by artists.

- We have had to remove the music for the breach outreach as the artist has requested his content to be removed.

- We have modified and removed a few pieces of questionable content mod wide.

lmao