Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
I've only been playing this for the past few weeks and I just finished the wastelanders quest over the weekend. I amassed enough treasury notes to cap out Saturday and Sunday, but now I seem to not be getting any any more, is there only a chance to get notes from public events, not a guarantee? I did 4 or 5 events last night and 3 this morning and still have 0 notes to turn in at the gold machine.

The daily caps seem way too low considering I have a stash full of legendaries waiting to for the scrip machine, and a full inventory as well. If I can't even get my 200 bullion per day because I am getting unluckly, and I can't pick up any more legendaries or scrap because I don't have room for them, then I'm losing my motivation to even log in. I prefer to the events to the daily quests because the dailies are the exact same drat thing every day with more loading screen time than gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

all other quests and events, like Bots on Parade, Powering Up, Enclave events, or any event that you have to pay caps to travel to, do not award treasury notes
why they did this is a loving mystery of bad game design decisions
Ohhhhhh now that makes sense. I did Enclave: Bots on Parade, Enclave: A Real Blast, Powering up Thunder Mountain, and The Messenger, Manhunt, Protest March, and Alpha Horde. Now that you guys have pointed it out like 8 times I finally put my glasses on and realized none of these have an exclamation mark in the hexagon. Well this is even more ridiculous than I thought if not every event can earn you notes.

EDIT: I just server bounced until I came across one that had an event with the exclamation on it and I got notes. Hooray! Except not so great due to how few events there actually are once you exclude all those others.

CapnBry fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 16, 2020

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Floodixor posted:

I'm pretty aimless right now, both in this game and in real life
Then I would recommend you stay away from the Red Racer Factory in real life, just to be on the safe side. I don't want your mother's ghost haunting me because her only child became a garbage burner.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

infernal machines posted:

I think the city center itself was kinda bullshit. It was a bunch of tiny walled areas only accessible by the subway and navigating from any one to another was an exercise in frustration.
This is actually something I thought about quite a bit while playing Fallout 76, "wow they've really made it so that there are exactly zero 'find the secret way through the 800 tunnels'" and was very pleased about that. Fallout 3 was a revolutionary game for me and I thought what they did to enhance the Fallout series into an open world first person shooter was a monumental improvement to the wasteland survivor feel, but holy poo poo was it frustrating between the crashing and the I-just-need-to-be-right-over-there-argh navigation. I'd still put it down as one of the best games of all time, but it was a formula that was greatly improved upon by subsequent titles. I've played it through twice, but I doubt I'll ever do it again unless I want to pull the rest of my hair out.

Fallout 76 I think I've reached the end of for me. The endgame is a grind, but it is incredibly gated by the daily caps in the system. You want to run around trying to get good legendaries, but you can only turn in ~3 per day for scrip to buy 1-2 extra randoms from the purveyor. I have no problem with the exchange rate, just that you can cap out in 20-30 minutes of play. You can also collect bullion, but you're limited to 200 per day, and you can only get them from a handful of the events. The legendary scrip cap and lack of treasury notes from the other events makes me actively avoid them because I don't have space to store any more legendaries. Then there's Settler and Raider faction, which is capped at one quest per day. I don't want a game where I need to log in every day but only am being effective in the first 30 minutes.

The daily caps should be changed to refill continuously, so you get 20% of the cap back per hour and it increases when you're offline too (at a slow 5%/hour rate), up to the current cap. That means there's a benefit to keep playing instead of just checking in once a day. It is more fun to have a great time, play way too much, get all the stuff you want, then get bored and stop playing instead of it being a daily chore to log in and make a little progress.

CapnBry fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 20, 2020

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
What the hell? Who thought it would be fun to make players log in every day to complete every daily challenge and make sure you get all the weekly challenges and also grind out a buncha levels because that isn't going to give you enough SCORE. 800,000 XP sounds like a lot but that's only 50x post-100 levels to earn over the 70 days you have to do it. It is definitely doable but I dunno I don't want to be forced to login to play a game every day for 10 weeks.

I will say that public groups is pretty great though. I created one and had a full group in about 30 seconds and got all the team benefits despite never seeing anyone else on my team in almost two hours. I guess I need to find an Empath Serum now too since I'll always be on a team now and even without Class Freak there's 0 negative effect while on a team.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

they really need to spell out how you get this stuff because just playing for two and a half hours I'm not sure if I'm getting more SCORE than I should or what
Assuming it is working properly, which it kinda does sometimes, SCORE points are strictly rewarded for completing Daily / Weekly Challenges. Those are in the map menu, Challenges, Daily / Weekly.

I'm pretty sure their whole plan with this season is to have "challenges" to scrap X amount of materials of various types, which gives you SCORE points that reward you with chests full of scrap. In no time, your 800lb stash will be full of just scrap and you'll be eyeing that Fallout 1st strictly for the Scrapbox item that stores all the scrap with no limit aaaaaand PROFIT. As someone without Fallout 1st, I have 3 pieces of armor, about 50lbs of water and chems, and the rest of my storage space is just scrap. I can't even open the boxes of scrap I am getting because I have no place to put it. I hear the stash limit used to be even lower and I have no idea how you guys survived back then.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

Go to a tinker's workbench and make bulk everything you can. Then bring it to a robot vendor and sell whatever you don't want. That'll get you a few hundred pounds back. Also, I had accumulated about 200 pounds of gunpowder with my main character, so that helped to get rid of that too.
Oh poo poo so that's why you can craft the bulk things. I thought it was weird that you'd spend some material to end up with something that weighs the same in the end. Well now if I didn't already fully drain the vendors just selling water and chems and grenades every day...

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
I scrapped about 100 aluminum to try to get the scrap 25 aluminum challenge but I only got to 24/25. I went back out in search of more and got some score points when I picked up an aluminum canister after that. Unsure if the two were related.

I also crafted my first Secret Service Armor chests last night. Now I have far too much weight in inventory to fast travel, my stash is already at 804/800 aaaaaand now I am unsure what to do. I guess I am dumping a bunch of scrap out of the stash to store the armor I can't turn in for scrip until the next day. These per-day limits are bullshit!

CapnBry fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jul 2, 2020

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

Ugh, just make 76 offline already. I just wanna walk around and explore and see some cryptids and have VATS work properly and not have to deal with lovely online mechanics and online stores and whatnot
Yeah I will say that having 3x 95% VATS headshots in a row hit, but then not hit because the server doesn't agree for some reason is also some bullshit and really interrupts my flow of blasting rock music and mowing down bad guys.

Mr Hootington posted:

Scraping challenges will not count some scrap if you do the scrap all option. You must scrap each piece separately.
Ah motherfuck of course, why did I expect it wouldn't it be like this!

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Sensenmann posted:

In case this isn't widely known, Heart of the Enemy can be repeated non stop.
It's 8 scrip, 100 caps, a fusion core and some other random poo poo every time you do that, mostly Rippers, Gatling Lasers or Assault Rifles.
It's also 1800-2600XP for me with Unyielding armor, Egg Headed, Building Group (+4 int), Lover's Embrace, Brain Fungus Soup and who knows what else boosting my Intelligence to 33 and +XP . If I could just find a Herbavore Serum I bet it could be 3000 XP per loop. Add in 1000XP from killing the 4x ghouls in VTU and that's at least 1/3 of the repeatable SCORE for 10000 XP!

CapnBry fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 4, 2020

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Just went through Silo Alpha all the way to the point you activate the launch control robots and have to defend them, game crashes. Luckily was on a team so I can come back, only have to do the first biometric scan steps again then just kill all the robots again to get through the silo, no other steps needed whew. Enter my launch code, head down to the nuke site, 30 seconds left, people start showing up. Game crashes again, except this time I can't get back to my server no matter how many hops I try. gently caress you, you lovely game, gently caress you. :argh:

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

VRViperII posted:

After this happened to me twice I started using silo skip exploits and never looked back.
Oh thank you so much, I was unaware of this and now this is just going to be how this goes from now on. Fallout: So Broken You'll Need Glitches to Get Around Bigger Glitches. I crashed a ton yesterday for some reason, where normally the game has been fairly good about not screwing me as long as I don't alt-tab during a loading screen (the end of the loading screen is the real killer). I missed out on my own nuke, an Encryptid, a Line in the Sand, and a 3-star Scorchbeast due to crashes and my head just about exploded in rage.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

VRViperII posted:

After this happened to me twice I started using silo skip exploits and never looked back.
I did the silo in like 5 minutes (apart from waiting for those launch robots to get their poo poo together) last night thanks to you, so much appreciated. For some reason my silo was all like level 8-24 and not a single security robot spawned during the launch sequence so I just sat back and drank scotch like a boss.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

yup, although Master Infiltrator ... are pretty good
Serious question. Is there ever anything worth looting inside level 3 locked safes or behind level 3 terminals? I have all the perks but when I see one I just ignore it because it is like 80 keystrokes to swap in the right perks only to get the same bullshit crap that you'd find in a desk except also maybe 5x Pre-War Money :v:

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Lvl 3 locked safes have a unique loot pool that includes deathclaw gauntlet plans, handmade rifle plans, 50 cal plans, powerfist plans, and more.

Locked safes also have a 24 hour lockout once looted but you can unlock them and look inside before taking anything. Then server hop and you can look inside again it will randomize again. You can do this to farm those plans. The place to do it is the cemetary above lewisburg because there are 3 lvl 3 locked safes in it.
Oh that's good to know. I figured they were just the same standard garbage loot table except like 3x the loot or something.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Is it just that 80% of players who I'm on a team with don't have 3 charisma and can't share a perk card, or that people don't even know they can do this? Half the time I'm the only person sharing, and I think I've been in one group where everyone shared a card.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

ErrEff posted:

I ask because I once made my way to the temple (Wayward Path?) at around level 25 and found loads of low-level scorched there that I could kill in one shot. But just as I'm finishing exploring the place, a level 150+ player arrives and all of a sudden a bunch of level 60 radioactive ghouls spawn all over the place and instakill me. Did they start an endgame daily quest or something?
This was one of the most confusing things when I started playing a couple months ago. The enemy levels are all over the place when a high level person passes through which can really be a problem for lower level players. If the Guided Meditation event kicked off, then it spawns like literally hundreds of max level enemies swarming around. The event is level 25 so you'd think a level 25 person would be able to do it, but that's only if you're the only person there. The first time I went to Whitespring I was getting destroyed by all the max level monsters mixed in with things that were level-appropriate for me. I must have died 9 times in a row.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

With some power armor and pretty much any weapon around lvl 30, you should be able to kill almost everything in the game. Lvl 30 for rank 1 of enforcer. Enforcer lets you kill everything in the game outside the final boss.
I was around level 30 and not in power armor and would get one or two-shot by the level 68 ghouls swarming at me which made it a little more fun because it was very hard. My comment wasn't that the game is too hard though, just that it was pretty difficult as a low level player because all sense of what area you should be progressing through was thrown out the window when all the enemies have spawned max level.

There is a map that shows the level of the enemies in that area. The left three have limits, but the right three will spawn as high as the players in the area so it is rather abrupt going from just destroying everything I come across to getting my poop pushed in by everything I come across despite the quest content in it being appropriate for my level. Just kind of a dumb compromise for a multiplayer game where 99% of the time players never see each other. EFB.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

xxEightxx posted:

The risk is that mob level isn’t necessarily determined by you, so popular spots like white spring can get fubard when some high level has been there recently.
Yeah see this guy gets it. I'm not crying about the fact that I died nine times a month ago, I'm saying the system is silly because it means my level 200 character ruins the gameplay experience for anyone trying to do level-appropriate stuff. Oh would it be fun to do this level 25 event on your level 25? Nope, because I am there you won't do much damage to the high level enemies so unless your idea of fun is trying to just get a single hit in on every enemy so you can get some XP, it's going to be pretty boring. The endgame tarnishes the experience for people playing the game through because the appropriate level character doesn't get to have an impact. Meanwhile, I'm switching to a garbage weapon so I don't one-shot everyone before the low level can tag it, so everyone's experience is degraded by the system.

Sure you can become nearly invincible and someone might even give you some OP weapon too because it is too low level for them, but playing a game on God Mode isn't much fun to me. High level enemies are trivial to high level players so why even make them higher level to exclude level-appropriate characters from contributing? I see what they were going for but it makes a lovely experience for people who only want to play the game through.

There's plenty of other bad decisions but those mostly affect endgame grinds, so it is sad that they also mess with the leveling experience for no real gain for the endgamers. Especially considering the rewards are often scaled down even though the monsters were scaled up.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Yeah it does suck that they whole idea of Fallout 76 was "form a group and play with your friends!" and they completely forgot to let you do anything as a group but just let you do things in a group.

You know what would have been a great Seasons Level 100 reward? Like 50 more loving scrip a day from the Legendary Jukebox. 150 is such a low amount compared to the number of legendaries I can get if I play, especially since I am still using every one of them to get a set of unyielding secret service armor. I've been stuck on piece 3, the left arm, for like 2 weeks now and having one more chance a day would be really nice. Having a stash and inventory fully stocked with legendaries waiting to get melted means I don't want to play because I don't have any space to put stuff so I just log in to melt 3-4 items, complete the daily challenges in the least engaging way I can think of, then log out. I'm not even sure why I am doing the season journey now apart from the fact I already 60% through it, especially considering how many of the reward items are for power armor skins I'll never use.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

ZombieCrew posted:

I feel like such a sucker for chasing these dailies down day after day. They got me.
You and me both. Oh I get a paint scheme for power armor I don't even own? Gotta get that. My least favorite daily has to be "Kill 3 legendary enemies" because gently caress you, you can't just go somewhere and kill a legendary. That could take 30 minutes or it could take 2 hours depending on luck unless I'm missing some weird trick to find a guaranteed legendary. I do all the events but sometimes they are really rare or have are events that are hard to get a legendary on, like Tea Time or Mama Dolce's. I usually end up traveling all over the map before just setting in near a Fissure Site and shoot every scorchbeast that spawns until one comes out special.

I was a little excited about double score weekend but it is only for daily challenges which means it is only like getting 4 (or 5?) bonus days total. I still have 40 levels to go before I can get that disappointment of having nothing left to see progress on.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Yes it does, every thing can be stacked.
I server bounced looking for a group with someone sharing Strange in Numbers last night (why was this so hard to do? Share a perk, people!) and it didn't seem to make any difference in my SPECIAL, damage done, or damage taken when I equipped or unequipped my Strange in Numbers. I also don't think I jumped any higher, fell any slower, reloaded any faster, or herbivored any more.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
When I started playing this I set out with my normal RPG mentality of trying to find an ideal build and min-maxing gear setups. After around level 50 I found out almost nothing matters because there's only a few enemies I can't just one-shot. I was running stealth rifleman but I was shooting everything for over 3000 damage with a one-star intigating lever gun and a mishmash of found armor. Most things in the game don't even have 1000HP so I started swapping out perks for stuff that was more fun and just being commando with gun fu and a non-legendary The Fixer. Sure, sometimes I have to double click a guy to kill him but it is fun to just run and gun instead of sneaking up on people. One nice thing about this game is that almost any combination is viable just because there are a lot of very OP combinations.

I have my own question, speaking of min-maxing. When I was leveling I was trying to get the Shielded Raiders Underarmor lining (the top one). I have done every quest, the crater daily every day, every Guided Meditaion, every Uranium Fever (and almost every other event when it pops up). I still don't have the plan two months later. I have all the lower level ones, just not this one. That's ok though because I want the Shielded Casual Underarmor now, which is a drop as well. I do not have this one either despite always doing Queen of the Hunt every time it is up. Do these Shielded plans come from somewhere else now?

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Just go buy the secret service underarmor and shielded recipe for it as its the "best" underarmor. Well it gives 4 str but the dr underarmor gets is really low so meh.
But it isn't the best underarmor, what the gently caress am I going to do with 4 strength? Yes it has the highest stat sum on it but really the only stat worth having for me is INT. It is only one more than Vault Dweller Underarmor but I mean what else is there to do once the game is finished besides collect these ultra-rare but virtually worthless items.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

MarshyMcFly posted:

Not to push completely altering your build or anything but if you run a full bloodied build you can get up to like 40 intellect and level ups are a thing of the past!
Yeah I am wearing a mishmash of random garbo Unyielding just for more intellect, eat brain fungus soup (too lazy to keep brain bombs around), eat cranberry relish, get in a Building group, and get a level and a half doing Guided Meditation. Having 35+ intelligence and +25% XP all the time is great. I don't need strength because my max carry weight is like 400 with 0 points allocated to strength and I am ranged. It is like super level up hax, which is why I want to get that +1 more intelligence from Shielded Casual Underarmor. Looks like they only just fixed the rank 3 version by adding it to vendors in September of last year, so hopefully having that is all it takes for it to drop.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

ErrEff posted:

Oh, also, just completed the Explore Appalachia for 76 hours challenge. The next one is 7600 hours and it awards you 20 cents worth of atoms. That's cool.
I noticed this challenge last night as I was scrolling through waiting for any-loving-thing to spawn during a Tea Time event and laughed. Then I realized if they made it worth anything, then people would just idle for 317 days to get it. But yeah, even 10000 atoms wouldn't be worth it for someone who spent a year's worth of gaming PC electricity to get it.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

I see less people online every day, it could just be my perception. It's not like the daily challenges are thrilling in any way, there's been the buy/sell to other players 0/3 every day for the past month. And I really don't see people wanting to play the game long enough every day to also level up every single day.
Yeah I'm feeling the same way. I was looking last light at my rank 73 SCORE and trying to decide if I hate myself enough to spend an additional 20 hours going for 100. I'm pretty worn out from having to log in every day just to curse whatever event I have to sit through and gently caress you if it isn't one where I can get a legendary kill oh wait I need 3, fun. Forcing a daily login isn't fun, it is just inflating your active player numbers. I really wish I hadn't blown 1000 atoms on an outfit and some turret cosmetics I never used because turrets suck anyway, I'd be pretty close to being able to just pay to win.

lost my retainer posted:

Cool. I'm done.
FINALLY, someone with the guts to just walk away.

EDIT: I thought that said 125,000 steel and I said oh that's no ba... oh 125 MILLION steel? Go gently caress yourselves.

CapnBry fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 4, 2020

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
I think their plan might be working though, because I actually considered buying 1000 Atoms last night so I could buy some of the last 25 SCORE levels which for some reason I need to have before I uninstall the game. The major thing that stopped me was that it only buys me 7.33 levels.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

ErrEff posted:

Having no storage sure is a great incentive to get people contributing during these events. But yeah, isn't that usually how it goes in games that have events like this? You can't be sure players are actually contributing enough and there's no way to know if the devs are just fudging the numbers, CIG-style.
I like that one of this week's Weekly Challenges is to collect wood 100 times (not collect 100 wood, that's far less work) and none of the community goals are for a fuckton of wood.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Comrade Koba posted:

So you basically have to check your inventory and remember how much of each ammo type you have before accessing the machine.
I have a real hard time with this because I forget between going from my inventory to turning it in. Why can't they show you the current number you have like the Lode Bearing tokens or Watoga High Candy tokens? Ok I have 193x 5.66 ammo, now I just go through this animation, then menu system and I haaaaaad.... 200? Nope apparently not. I have 20, tab, 20, tab, 20, tab, 20, tab, 20, tab, 20, tab, 20, tab, 20, tab, 20, tab, 20, oops that's it now I just menu around and get my 30x 45 caliber. Totally worth it compared to crafting 2x to get 42!

For a second I thought I'd better log in quick and turn in some steel so I can get a beret before the alleged whales hit the goal but hahaha I don't give a poo poo, I'm just 20 SCORE levels from uninstalling.

CapnBry fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 6, 2020

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Discospawn posted:

What is the actual donation process in game? Can you donate as much material at once as you want, or do you have to donate it in set increments to get the gift bag?
I went to check it out too, just to see how it works and the construction at ATLAS. There's a stash-looking box and you Use it and it asks if you're ok with donating 250 steel, Yes/No. So just one increment and the reward just goes into your inventory if I remember correctly (not in a bag, just loose items). I don't know how the community award works.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

ErrEff posted:

Surprise, the latest results are in and somehow people have managed to collectively turn in a total of 12.53m concrete over the last... 24 hours? I swear I checked yesterday at a similar time and I think it was sitting at 1.5 million or something. At this rate it will make the 15 million goal.
That's nuts that it went from a 150M goal to a 15M goal, and 4M gathered over 2 days and then magically on the last day the community quadrupled it. Yeah, right.

I'm SCORE level 83 though with enough atoms to buy 13 more levels, so looks like I'll be saying sayonara suckers before they can even cheese the Cork Collection event. I was trying to explain to my best friend about how I have to get level 100 and she tried to explain the "Sunk Cost Fallacy" but she doesn't get it, I've already got 80 levels!

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Oh wow so when you hit SCORE 100 the little meter just stops going up. Worth. Every. Hour.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Discospawn posted:

Edit: Imagine if they delay the next season & extend the current, but don't announce it until the last day of the season. No, surely they wouldn't do that, because it would be so enraging for the people who spent atoms to get to 100.
I spent all my atoms buying the last 13 levels to get to 100 and I'm the opposite of enraged. I'm unraged! The lack of any fanfare, not any new sound or pipboy animation or anything for the completion of a 100+ hour daily chore shows similar levels of apathy as the grind unlocked in me. There was a lot more excitement generated when I dumped 300lbs of legendaries onto the ground during my final Uranium Fever and I overencumbered a few pubbies.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Dravs posted:

Fo76 is ok, but I cancelled my 1st now. I finished the battlepass thing using atoms and I am just burned out on it. They did a great job taking a good idea and making it feel like a 2nd job and killing my desire to play.
Oh hey that must have been a design goal because there sure seem to be a lot of people who feel the same way.

I bought FO76 on sale during the free weekend and spent a good 70 hours in it so I'd say it is definitely worth the on-sale price. I can't imagine how dull it must have been before Wastelanders but it definitely is fun to Fallout around in for a while. I found the environments to be some of the best art they've ever produced, even if they were a bit underused by the story. I mean can you imagine how long it took someone to create Wavy Willards and for what, just to have you look in a couple trashcans or something to find security tapes for that quest that annoyingly sends you all the way around the map? Look at how much work it was to create the Whitesprings Resort and it doesn't even really do anything. The temple where Guided Meditation takes place is a loving gorgeous masterpiece but there's not even one quest there, is there? There's a ton of beautiful places to see, I mean A Number One Duke of Art Assets, but I'm not sure how many of them are very Fallouty and they're definitely just lost to being something in the background when they aren't at all involved in the story.

I uninstalled after reaching SCORE rank 100 with 247 hours played, but the last hundred I was just punching the clock every drat day. It is like a MMORPG where the only thing that exists are the same 15 daily quests, and there's a time limit so you have to do your daily quests every day or it all resets to zero. The fact that I put in 247 hours though definitely means it is worth $20.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

xxEightxx posted:

Now I’ll be stuck in mamas for two days, since my stash is full and I’m several hundred pounds over weight.
This game is super fun right? It is far more important that you log in every day to do chores than to have fun with your new laser.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Public Teams: We've renamed the "Building" team to "Casual" and removed the Casual team bonus.

Lol
I saw this in the patch notes, and so now the Building / Casual public team has no bonus? +4 INT was like the best bonus of all of them.

The notes also say that regions have a maximum level that enemies can be, but also that max level players will still get appropriate rewards. So loot is now tied to my level and not the level of the thing I kill now?

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Quarex posted:

And InXile
ZeniMax Media doesn't own InXile do they? The only thing I can see linking them is Hunted: The Demon's Forge in 2011.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Oh wow I totally missed that announcement. I guess Faran Brygo will live forever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Oh man I can't wait for when this comes out so I can kill a Super Mutant or fight a Behemoth! :v: