Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Guess we're going to find out what this is all about at 9:45AM tomorrow morning.

That's optimistic.

I predict another 2 days of bobbleheads and loading screens, minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

marktheando posted:

Is Route 76 that famous that they would name a game to be sold worldwide after it? The only yank roads I know as a non American are route 666 and route 69.

Interstate 76 (I-76) is a major thoroughfare in Pennsylvania, and is one of the main access highways for the the Philadelphia region.

Philly-born "Rapper???" G-Love even wrote a song about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8tq9Va6U68

Also the Philly basketball team are the 76'ers.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Azhais posted:

Fallout 76 is actually about the Philadelphia 76'ers

https://i.imgur.com/zQoBZNT.png
are also confirmed playable

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

a few weeks ago I had nothing better to do and ended up watching an almost 2 hour long video on youtube of some guy sperging about how FO3 was better than FONV and he made some good points

then I installed Tale of Two Wastelands and have spent more than 100 hours replaying and haven't even made it to Goodsprings yet... too much to do in DC.

(FO3 was my first fallout game)

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

TTW is pretty good but you need to check the TTW forums to find the right versions of mods to use.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

HatJudge posted:

I really enjoy the setting and gameplay, but I found the plot offensively bad

I started replaying FO4 this weekend, and found it's a lot better if you completely ignore the plot.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I used the "Start me up" alternate start mod to skip the pre-war tutorial sequence but could have started as a raider somewhere or a milliner or something, I didn't look to closely at the options.

Supposedly the mod author went though the rest of the game and removed some speech references to your son if you did a non-Vault 111 start.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

History Comes Inside! posted:

Does Tale of Two Wastelands work properly yet?

Yes

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Soul Glo posted:

pc question:

the steam version of fallout 3 goty is rotten with gfwl, right? instead i wanna get the gog.com version, yeah?

I don't remember, but you might as well buy the Steam version of FONV Ultimate and combine the FO3 files into FONV and run Tale of Two Wastelands instead. Get the best of both worlds and you don't actually ever run FO3, you only copy/paste the data files.

Regardless of how you do it, I recommend getting the 4gb patch mod as well as the stutter stop mod.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 5, 2018

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Keeshhound posted:

I forget, does the brother have a component on him?

no http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Kyle_(Fallout_4) and http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Riley

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Here's the E3 showcase on twitch if you prefer it instead

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Rage 2's presentation mentioned "The Goon Squad" so I just wanted to make a post about it

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Mothman confirmed!
Multiplayer confirmed!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

PGarvey...

shot in the face with a musketball

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Fallout 76 has a November 14 release

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Bert Roberge posted:

If there isn't at least one Mothman reference I will be disappointed.

On the map was a place named "Mothman Museum"

https://i.imgur.com/xiy8qYe.png

Otacon fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 11, 2018

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

It's like Bethesda specifically named that part of the map after this thread

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Todd Howard Q&A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPWDwBrUNyY

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Caps probably buy shack walls and billiards tables and turrets and poo poo

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Hi people, you should all take 40 minutes of your life to watch this because it seems like it answers some questions you may have.

I might just buy this game now.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Someone on reddit listed out the big takeaways from the video if you have more important things to do with 40 minutes than watch the video (like jerking off 6 or 7 times in a row)

quote:

1) Ghouls known as the “Scorched” are “raiders”

2) Way more creatures and insects than previous fallout games. More radiation so crazier mutant creatures

3) Map has multiple biomes inspired by real life locations

4) Crafting is very important and and resources can be acquired from ore, plants, and creatures/ghouls, etc

5) New feature called “mutation”. More rads can give you positive and negative traits, can be cured

6)Items degrade (can be repaired) and food can rot.

7) Game has “perk cards” which give players certain perks and can be switched out

8) Crafting items require recipes which can be found in world or traded from other players

9) Might have the ability to open a vendor shop for trading with other players. Not confirmed yet

10) 24 players per server (might be 32?). Players can be seen on the map

11) Team (co-op) limit is 4 players

12) There will be a team deathmatch mode? No details yet

13) “End game” right now is getting nuclear codes which radiates an area. This radiated area will have end game loot which includes legendary items but will also have strong monsters/enemies.. These legendary items have tiers

14) There will be microtransactions for in-game cosmetics only. Can also be obtained through gameplay. This will be used to support free dlc/content updates and for the dedicated servers

Edit 1) There can be 12 v 12 ( not deathmatch) so teams can be bigger or smaller

Edit 2) I forgot to mention that perk cards can be chosen as a player levels up. A player will be limited to a certain amount of perk cards (amount not confirmed yet). Perk cards can be shared among your party so players can get access to perks they haven't unlocked yet

Edit 3) The "mutation" feature can be visual so may see ghoulification of players?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

putting it back in along with food spoiling seems more like an effort to encourage grinding.

They touched on this in the video. They don't want things to seem like a chore.

It's realistic. You need to eat and drink to survive. Your food can go bad. Your guns need to be repaired. I don't look at it as encouraging grinding, I look at it as a "softcore survival experience" or whatever term The Todd used during E3.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Is "playing the game" "grinding"?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

tweet my meat posted:

I really don't like that everyone is visible on the map. Griefers can easily track you down and running into people becomes a lot less special when you know exactly where everyone is at all times.

One lame feature in an otherwise amazing and fresh looking game.

I get you, but I didn't see any minimap in any of the clips so far. So everytime you want to look at your map you need to stop, bring up your Pipboy, and look at it. That may leave you vulnerable - and unless you are intent on pausing to check your map every 20 feet it should still allow for someone to sneak up on you.

Of course it remains to be seen, but are griefers going to be tracking you down just to kill you once before you tell them to gently caress off and decline their challenge or whatever the mechanic is? Would it happen enough for it to be a problem?

EDIT: They mentioned in the noclip video about someone training a pack of yao guai into your group while taking down a boss - I can see that being very fun but high risk/reward - you'd want to do it at the right opportunity when no one is paying attention to the map.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 13, 2018

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Those drat reddit scavvers stitched together a map of FO76 using the noclip video and it's actually kind of impressive work.

The map is like 1800x2000 pixels so I'm going to link to the actual reddit post, sorry for that:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/8qrpbt/fallout_76_complete_map_update_with_landmarks/

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

New interview, this time with Pete Hines, talking for about 7 minutes about FO76

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbk9tvpuciY

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

lotta goons ITT mad that they don't get to give bethesda :20bux::20bux::20bux: whereas other goons do

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

A driveby shitpost or two, not a big deal... but goons spending hours F5ing this thread to post negative poo poo over and over again screaming from the hill tops IM NOT GOING TO BUY THIS GAME is pretty lol

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Popete posted:

No that would have been fine. But they clearly had extra development resources outside of TES available to work on something so they are making a survival base building game set in the Fallout universe.

Apparently people would just rather a game not exist than something they don't prefer to play come out.
It all comes down to cash, and it's easy money for Bethesda. making GBS threads on Sheen Sheen's childhood for a quick buck? Just another day in the wasteland.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Fargin Icehole posted:

When i heard Todd Howard say "The people of fallout:76 will be you, the players".

Am i the only one thinking this is basically "There will be no NPCs", which is a pretty weird way of doing away with the radial responses

Literally the only one. Thanks for the unique insight!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

frajaq posted:

I loving swear someone already made a parody picture of exactly this after the first Fallout 4 E3 footage was discussed and it had the legendary HATE NEWSPAPERS dialogue option

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/8qmoj1/leaked_fallout_76_speech_system/

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

frajaq posted:

please stop being dumb goons

:angel:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

For anyone who dropped $200 to preorder the helmet edition of the game (before it sold out 11 hours after the E3 announcement) here's your new toy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYmCqB8ej8Y

Popete posted:

I have yet to see anyone in this thread who is what I would describe as "hyped" about this game. The response is either tepid excitement for a new fallout brand game or people who think this is literally the end of single player Fallout and from now on it's just gonna be Battle Royale games.

For what it's worth, I didn't preorder nor will I. But I might pick up this game (soon) after launch if things sound good.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Sheen Sheen posted:

No, I've just been trying to have an actual discussion about why I'm not excited for Fallout 76 with people like you who are either unwilling or unable to respond in kind. I know, it's my fault for mistaking you and others like you for a rational adult rather than a dipshit who just wants to make snarky one-liners and get all butt hurt about people being big meanies to the video game that you haven't played but have for some bizarre reason pledged your undying love for

Like, I can't possibly see how someone with an ounce of intelligence or reading comprehension could read my posts in he last few pages and think I'm :qq: -ing about this game rather than being rational about it, but again--it's my fault for trying to treat idiots like they're mature adults

What is there to discuss? You don't like the unreleased game based off of some vague interviews and press releases and you've made that clear repeatedly. We get it - you've made your point.

Anyway, here's another new Todd Howard interview. Fallout "discussion" ends around 9 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHmPb5nQHbU

TL;DW review:

quote:

2:52 - More information about how it will compare to fo3 and fo4 experience
4:25 - Todd basically says that he understands our anxiety regarding MP and they have kept that in mind during development.
4:45 and 5:18 - There's a story, there's a main quest line, there are side quests with some repeatable, and there are daily events.
6:05 - at death "you pick a place to respawn", "there's no loss of items"
6:20 - Nuking isn't permanent. Also, you have a chance to GTFO of the area before the bomb lands and goes off. Everything is damaged and can be repaired. Main point is to create a high level PvE zone.
7:15 - stuff about camp building starts
7:50 - when you log off, your camp dissappears and when you come back it reappears. You can also move it. Blueprints!!!

14:50 - An evasive and uncertain answer to the question "what does "next gen" mean when you talk about TES6 and starfield".

16:05 - Current lineup is 76, then starfield, then TES6. No other major releases in between.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

You don't lose items on death and you can't loot dead bodies. You just get a few caps and experience.

What is the motivation to kill anyone, again?

chitoryu12 posted:

You just get a few caps and experience.

:confused:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Rinkles posted:

Not sure what this has to do with Fallout 76

multiplayer soccer minigame confirmed, only $4.99 to play in your favorite teams uniform?????

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I've been really digging SimSettlements with Rise of the Commonwealth.

Basically, you plop down a Sim Settlements desk and assign a named-settler as "Mayor" - it will basically "scrapall" the place, and then slowly build its own settlement according to a blueprint. The initial settlement is very sparse - mostly just some boards, some basic foundations and other junk to allow settlers to learn to re-path. Eventually when you or your settlers collect enough junk and you get their needs fulfilled, you'll hit Level-1, Level-2, and eventually Level-3 which adds a bunch of more stuff each time your settlement gets upgraded.

The layouts for each settlement are AMAZING. My Sanctuary at Level-2 brings my framerates down significantly due to the amount of features and stuff and cool areas - building on top of the ruined houses instead of just bulldozing them in very intricate designs.

I ended up using SimSettlements with Sanctuary, Abernathy, Tenpines, Graygarden, Starlight Drivein, Hangmans Alley and The Castle - and each one has their own special unique flavor. I really can't be more pleased with how everything builds organically yet still allows for some control over which buildings can be built or upgraded.

If you haven't tried it yet, I really recommend it. Why spend hours building something yourself when you can get your dumb-as-rocks settlers to do it for you? Each time you revisit you get to see the cool additions they've made.

Highly recommended. I'll grab some pictures tonight if anyone cares.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Werix posted:

I started using sim settlements in my most recent play thorough to try, even though my character is a low charisma and int character.

I didn't know about the mayor stuff. I have just been plopping down the residential zones all over sanctuary.

Rise of the Commonwealth is the part of Sim Settlements that does the auto-building and mayor stuff.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Dalael posted:

Please do, I'd love to see it. I actually read a bit about the mod and was really tempted until I decided to do my run at legendary, but i might add it for my normal modded game.

So here's a few screenshots from my Sanctuary Hills running SimSettlements, Rise of the Commonwealth. Sanctuary is currently Level-2, and I'm pumped to see what Level-3 looks like but it's taking about as long in game as it did to go from Level-0 to Level-2. The other places I have SimSettlements at aren't nearly this full - they're mostly Level-1 or lower.

All of this (with the exception of some lighting, turrets and workbenches I've added into more convenient locations) was generated by the blueprint file for each individual settlement. They build and expand over time, so it's a great way to save yourself the headache if you don't wanna dick around with a filing cabinet for 20 minutes trying to get the pixels lined up correctly.

Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/hlnkOyN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Dalael posted:

Wow, it certainly keeps the feel of a town built using available junk. I love it! I think i'll definitely add it to my normal game. Regarding the blueprints, are there many available one or its a default thing and that's how they'll build period?

I think you can download additional blueprints, but I haven't tried yet. By default, I'm pretty sure RotC only comes with 1 blueprint per settlement.