Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
google THIS

A species of sentient swords that can only be killed by being drenched in human blood. Thus, the most powerful sword is the one who can find the most inept human wielder. They are all vying to be held by Phil, the clumsiest man in the galaxy, who is also comically cowardly and doesn't want to be stabbed. Hijinks ensue, but in the end humans and swords alike learn a profound and important lesson: genocide is bad.

Memorable quote:

Sword: Don't get me wrong, I'm still planning to use your delicate carbon-based flesh to vanquish one of my rivals, but I've come to an incredible realization: genocide is bad.

Phil: What about regicide?

Sword: Now you're talkin'!

google THIS fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

It's the future. Something has been outlawed that is arguably intrinsic to the human experience and/or necessary to get past level 2 on Maslow's hierarchy, like art or sex or bacon. But someone (gasp) rediscovers it! In the end, the evil villain who was using the lack of this thing to control people is defeated nonviolently by the power of love, but maybe he makes one last attempt to kill the hero while his back is turned and ends up dying anyway.

Memorable quote:

Hero: This thing, that we've been taught our whole lives was bad. Maybe it's actually...good?

Villain: Noooo! Stupid power of love, always loving my day up!

google THIS fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jan 31, 2018

google THIS

Nosfereefer posted:

the hero is a nobody, but get this, somehow he's destined to save the galaxy. space stations blows up, space princesses are rescued, you name it. even the charming, but deadly rouge turns into a valiant knight.

plz leave the money @ my door in an unmarked envelope, tia

needs more punch. Maybe if the hero was also a blood relative of the primary antagonist? I mean, who would see that coming?

google THIS

An adventurous but greedy group of explorers known as the Wightka Lonialists discover a new race of mystical, peaceful, nature-loving aliens who call themselves Na'Tiveamericans. I'd tell you what happens next but I'm trying to closely hold this completely original and non-allegorical story until I have a buyer. Let's just say that some of the Lonialists aren't as nice as they appear.

google THIS fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 2, 2018

google THIS

Duckbox posted:

OK, I like the culture clash angle, but is the message that genocide is bad, because I don't want to watch something political.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Genocide isn't ideal, but as long as a ragtag group survives, that includes almost all of the named characters except the wise old patriarch and the Lonialist protagonist's romantic rival, it all works out.

I'd better watch it before I tip too much of my hand here.

• Locked thread