Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Kira Household

Hayato hunches his shoulders at the mention of Sekai. He walks over to his bed and sits down heavily.

"...I'm okay." Hayato's gaze flicks to the window.  「Starman」hovers over to the desk and begins posing and reposing the tiny models over and over.

"My dad came back from England with the arrow. It was the same time he met mom." Hayato's hand begins to tap on his knee. "He said it was very old, and that he'd got it on an antiques dealer. Or something like that. I can't remember exactly. He kept it in a glass case in the sitting room, and I wasn't allowed to touch it."

Hayato pauses, and 「Starman」freezes at the same time.

"It went missing one day, and dad went out looking for it. He came back late and said he found it. He said someone stole it. THat scared all of us. If someone could come in and take the arrow... Mom walked me to school for a few days after that. But then I started thinking... Why would Dad know where it had gone? How did he get it back? I... I couldn't prove it. But I made him promise not to do anything with it. He said I was being silly, but..."

Hayato hangs his head. "I think he's doing something with it, but I can't prove anything. I'm just scared."

---

Arcade

The tall man looks down at you. He kind of looks like David Bowie, if Bowie decided to be a middle manager at a grocery store.

"Hm, yes. It appears to be closed for today." He tilts your head. "Pardon me, but I don't think I recognise you. And I'm familiar with everyone in this town. Are you new here?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes

Lani Vegas
Clever 0 | Forceful +2 | Flashy +2 | Quick +3 | Careful +1 | Sneaky +1
FP: 3 | Stress: ☐☐☐ | Consequences: None

"Oh, I just moved here a few months ago! I'm Lani Vegas! Nice to meet you!"

Oh man, this girl is pretty drat American if you ever saw an American.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Gojun Ryuko
Clever +3 | Forceful +2 | Flashy +2 | Quick +1 | Careful +1 | Sneaky +0
FP: 2 | Stress: ☐☐☐ | Consequences: None

Ryuko is silent for a time, trying to make sense of it all. She'd had thee chance to look at it, of course, after she'd gotten home from the festival. The markings were distinctive, the construction certainly of note, but she hadn't made much of it at the time. She shakes her head, "Well, unless there's another arrow out there, I don't think he's going to be doing anything with it soon." A beat. "Actually, do you have a picture of your dad handy? Does he have a red suit? It'd be pretty hard to miss. What about his hair?"

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Izumi Sakuya
Forceful +3 | Flashy and Quick +2 | Clever and Sneaky +1 | Careful +0

Sakuya sits herself down and makes herself at home, paying little mind to Hayato's nervousness. She puts a hand on her chin, in as much thought as she can muster. "If it was stolen, then it might possibly be about anyone who was doing the shooting. I never got sight on the rear end in a top hat who shot me." She raises a finger and points somewhere between Hayato and Starman. "Your... 「Stand」, did you call it, Gojun-san? How did you get yours? Did you get shot or were you just messing with it?" There's no judgment in her voice about that. You got a rare arrow in a case, of course some people are gonna mess with it.

She trails off afterward, and then turns Ryuko's way. "What do you mean by that?" From what she says, if there's only one arrow, it sounds like Kira Satoshi doesn't have it currently. "You know where the arrow is?" After a pause, a rare insight from Sakuya. "Does this have something to do with the other day, the day of the culture festival?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Kira Household

Hayato blinks. "Um, there's a picture of him in the living room. But, uh, he doesn't have red hair. And I've never seen him wear red either. He's blonde. And he wears... weird stuff."

In response to Sakuya's question, he pauses. "I've... always had it, I think. I've never touched the arrow in my life. I think my dad... I didn't know people couldn't see it, but my mom and dad believed me when I told them. Dad said some people could see it and some couldn't. And he told me not to have it out all the time because it's rude."

Arcade

The man raises an eyebrow, but smiles. "Ah, is that so? Nice to meet you, Lani. I'm Kira Satoshi." He looks out over the town and takes a deep breath.

"This town's beautiful, isn't it? Out of the way of the troubles of the world, but full of life itself... There's no place quite like it. You're lucky to move here. It's unfortunate you had to see this mess. Some people don't appreciate this town correctly." A thoughtful expression crosses his face. "Actually, I have an idea. I would like to know who vandalized this poor woman's establishment and bring them to justice. Well, report them to the police, anyway. Would you like to help me look for them?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Gojun Ryuko

Ryuko looks over at Sakuya, "I... don't think I got shot? I don't remember anything like that happening, anyways. All I know is that I wake up one day and I have a posse." She shrugs, "I don't know if this is just an arrow thing or if it's a being-sufficiently-odd thing or..." She trails off. "Wait, wait a minute. You got yours from being shot? And Tora got shot at the culture festival by this..." On cue, she produces the arrow for Sakuya to look at. "You think she might wake up at the hospital with a Stand?"

Turning back to Hayato, she says, "Huh, okay, must have been a different guy. So..." She looks at him meaningfully. "How do you think your dad would react to all this? It seems like he's pretty dialed in to everything happening with these things. Should we try and track him down for a chat?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes

Lani Vegas

"Yeah, it's a pretty nice place. Language is a pain to learn, though. But I guess English isn't that easy either."

She raises a brow at Satoshi's proposal. "Yeah, I guess I could help you, Satoshi. Nothing better to do."

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Izumi Sakuya

Sakuya nods. "Me and Mishima, both of us got shot. The wound healed weird, and by the time it was healed, we had these... guardian angels, or Stands, or whatever you call them." She pauses. "So... poo poo, yeah. If your friend got shot, we should show up and explain what's going on."

Handed the arrow, she inspects it for awhile, looking disquieted. She says, "Gonna warn you. I'm feeling a powerful need to just snap this poo poo in half and bury what's left."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Kira Household

Hayato moves with a start as Ryuko produces the arrow. "Th- That's the arrow!" His voice is raised, and he must realise it as he settles back down. "Uhm, can - can I have it back, please?"

Arcade

Kira nods. "Thank you. I'm looking for two youths, dressed in... delinquent fashion. One boy and one girl. They usually have a small dog with them. I don't believe they have a fixed location, so it may take some searching, but your unique method of travel should help find them. I'd be gratfeul if you were to find them as fast as possible."

Compelling Aspect - Fastest Girl in Morioh! You wanna prove you're fast! Take a fate Point and help this suspicious man look for these troublemakers.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Gojun Ryuko

Ryuko shrugs at Hayato, "Sure... if we can clear your dad. Maybe he's not shooting people himself, but why would our mystery archer have it if they weren't working together?" She looks mildly horrified at Sakuya's suggestion. "I mean... but... it belongs in a museum, maybe! And what if someone just ends up with the arrowhead? Do you think that's what does it, or the whole thing put together?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes

Lani Vegas
FP: 4 | Stress: ☐☐☐ | Consequences: None

"Fast, huh? You just so happen to be looking at the fastest girl in all of Morioh! And it ain't just cuz'a my long legs! I'll have those two sooner than you can think! Gotta go fast!"

Lani stretches her legs for a few seconds and rushes off, leaping over a trash can as she sets off!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at May 21, 2018 around 23:15

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Izumi Sakuya

"It belongs at the bottom of the sea," Sakuya says, curling her lip in repulsion. "Somebody's been impaling people with it, and if I had to guess, I'd say it's not just because this was the first arrow they grabbed on the way out. Hell, they shot a drat dog. The dog may have lived, but I don't get any hours at work until my boss has time to clean up all the damage its Stand did."

Even so, she hesitates, and then hands the arrow back to Ryuko, looking away to avoid acknowledging the show of trust. "I'm not all that smart," she admits. "That arrowhead idea is something I wouldn't have thought of. So maybe you hang onto it after all. At least until we figure out a way to keep it out of the wrong hands."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Kira Residence

Hayato slumps a little on his bed, and opens his mouth to speak.

"Who wants cookies?~"

You're interrupted by Hayato's mom entering with a tray of cookies. The fat cat waddles in too.

---

It's a little while later. You don't get to get much more out of Hayato - his mom seems to hover around you a lot, asking weird questions that seem designed mostly to embarrass Hayato. You leave getting the distinct sense it might have been deliberate. You don't... have any leads, as far as you can tell - Kira's dad had the arrow, and someone "stole" it, or was working with him. The man in red. The question is...

Well, three questions. Did any of you notice something about the cat? Which of you snuck the arrow out with them? And who sees something about the house that isn't quite right?

Morioh Cho with Lani Vegas!

You're fast, your Stand makes you faster. You're through the streets of Morioh in record time, and it's pretty much inevitable you'd find the twins in the park. But do you see anything else cool on the way there?

When you get to the public park, you see the twins, all in punk attire, playing with their dog. It matches the description, sure enough. How do you approach this?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes

Lani Vegas
FP: 4 | Stress: ☐☐☐ | Consequences: None

How the hell else am I gonna handle it? Take the direct approach!

Lani slows to a stop behind a nearby bench, vaulting over it to take a seat, legs spread and arms resting on the back. She whistles to get the delinquents' attention.

"Oi, konnichiwa. Got somethin' to ask ya."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Gojun Ryuko

Ryuko took Sakuya's advice, tucking the Arrow back into her uniform, though she seems far too at ease laughing at Hayato's mom's questions and generally playing the perfect student. It seems as though she's not above playing to her reputation when it'd be helpful. Though, as the visit continues, it becomes more and more likely that everyone's involved in whatever is going on. Even the cat has the quarter-sized patch of bare skin marking it as another stand user. When she notices that, Ryuko makes a big show over fawning over the immense cat and does her best to subtly clue in Sakuya on the developing situation.

Ryuko checks her phone, then says, "Wow, I guess time really does fly when you're having fun. I think we might need to get going, Sakuya-chan, I'd hate to be out too late. You had something you wanted to do after this, right...?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 3:47 PM
@Tricky: 4dF+3 Cleverly sort out the cat mystery! = (+b+-)+3 = 4

Difficulty 3, so that's a full success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Mishima Kisaki

Forceful:+3 Clever:+2 Flashy:+2 Quick:+1 Sneaky:+1 Careful:+0
FP: 3 Stress: ☐☐☐ | Consequences: None
Looks like little miss honor student is on to something. Mishima thought to himself. On the one hand, she's probably gonna rub it in my face that she figured whatever out first. But on the other hand... He sighed quietly. ...I'm a team player now.

He feigned a yawn to the best of his abilities, and sauntered up to the 2 girls. "Yeah, it is getting pretty late. It's been nice catching up with you, buddy." He initially considered reaching out and patting Hayato on the head,but reconsidered. He didn't want to accidentally provoke the kid.

«3 »