Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Gojun Ryuko
Clever +3 | Forceful +2 | Flashy +2 | Quick +1 | Careful +1 | Sneaky +0
FP: 3 | Stress: ☐☐☐ | Consequences: None

Ryuko's head snaps around dramatically, her body settling into an impossible pose, as she takes in the sight of Tora impaled by an arrow. Her eyes widen, her fists tightening, and she shouts, "Tora!" Of course, she notices the chaos around the arcade. How could she not? But when Tora was hurt because of a favor that she had requested of her... There was only one choice. "Hayato, find somewhere safe and stay down. I'll get you some replacement takoyaki when we're done. Hiromu... Do what you like. I need to help her."

She begins picking her way through the suddenly distracted crowd. Menace radiated off of her. If she found out who had done this to poor Tora...

ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ

Meanwhile,『36 CHAMBERS』has exploded into action. Both because of Ryuko's inner call to action, yes, but also because the honor student was in as much danger as anyone else with a bow-wielding maniac on the loose. Spreading out to the limit of their range, twenty pairs of eyes scan the surroundings. Surely so many vantage points would turn up something, even if only the barest of clues...

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 10:02 PM
@Tricky: 4dF+2 Ryuko Flashily Overcomes the mystery of where the arrow came from = (bbb-)+2 = 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kamiyama Hiromu
Careful +3/Clever +2/Flashy +2/Forceful +1/ Sneaky +1/ Quick +0
FP: 4 / Stress: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Wh-what!? Somebody just got shot!? It had happened so fast she had barely time to process it. In an instant she was by the first year girl's side, "A-are you all right!?" She said, eyes wide with no small amount of panic. "Do you need anything oh lord what can I do!?"

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Mishima Kisaki

Forceful:+3 Clever:+2 Flashy:+2 Quick:+1 Sneaky:+1 Careful:+0
FP: 2 Stress: ☐☐☐ | Consequences: None

Mishima growled angrily. The nerve of this idiot! It was almost reflex-he put all the force he could into meeting the headbutt with one of his own.

Sidekick posted:

@VolticSurge: 4dF+3 Mishima Forcefully Defends against the headbutt = (+b-+)+3 = 4

"Looks like you picked my way. What a shame." Misima's grin returned. This is gonna be fun.

"I'll ask you nicely one more time.Start talking and you might not wind up in the hospital."

Sidekick posted:

@VolticSurge: 4dF+3 Forcefully Creating an Advantage against Team Skull = (--+b)+3 = 2

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 24, 2018

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Izumi Sakuya
Forceful +3 | Flashy and Quick +2 | Clever and Sneaky +1 | Careful +0
FP: 2 | Stress: ☐☐☐ | Consequences: None

"Are you kidding me," Sakuya says, skidding across the floor as the dog cheekily floats itself out of her grasp. By the time she's climbed back to her feet, the air has begun to compress amidst the rain of glass, and she turns around quickly to see her boss standing furiously behind her. "The hell is going on today..." she murmurs, flicking her hair back. "This is gonna count as unpaid overtime, isn't it? Fine, I'm back on the clock. Here, doggy! Here, come here!"

As the packed arcade begins to empty, Sakuya crouches down and claps her hands, as if beckoning a playing dog. She then begins to shift back and forth, like a basketball player testing defense, and 『Flashdance』 drapes itself over her as she disappears again. "Here, here!" she calls, now several feet in the other direction, and then again from several feet further. Then she disappears entirely for a moment.

The employees-only door opens, and Sakuya exits wearing a janitorial work apron, her hair tied back into a ponytail, carrying a bucket of soapy water and a mop. "You've made a hell of a mess, kid." She flickers forward, sweeping away some of the air-pillowed shards of glass with the mop, and then spins it and loudly smacks at the fallen cash register with the handle. "Do you see this? You see this? All this glass? Look what you did!"

She takes a deep breath and summons up her outside voice, the voice that doesn't have any patience for a stupid mutt who just put her back on the clock. "BAD DOG! LOOK WHAT YOU DID!" As she overturns the bucket of water, it drifts through space, passing over the dog's head in time to soak it in soapy water. "BAD DOG!"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 6:57 PM
@I am just a box: 4dF+3 Forcefully Attacking dog's feelings! = (b+-+)+3 = 4
Spending a Fate Point to invoke A Demon's Temper for a total of 6.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 24, 2018

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Outside the Arcade

Sidekickbot posted:

@ClockwiseMan: 4dF Defend against being intimidated = (b--b) = -2

Sucess with Style!

The male delinquent realises that he is now way out of his depth.

"Uh, I'll tell you anything you want to know."

"Oh my god, you absolute baby." The girl behind him growls in disappointment. "Thought you were supposed to be tough, Okuyasu."

The Arcade

As the glass shards are cushioned by the body of 「Every Breath You Take」, the dog growls, but shrinks back away from Io. 「A Good Day」writhes and throws a few obscene gestures her way. And then -

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:59 PM
@ClockwiseMan: 4dF+2 Cleverly Defend against being a Bad Dog = (-+++)+2 = 4

2 shifts of damage!

The dog yelps, and the Stand flails, as it is doused in water. It stumbles away from Sakuya's shouting, whining and pawing at its face.

quote:

Name: A Good Dog
Stand: [A GOOD DAY]

Stress: 1[] 2[X] 3[]
Consequences: None

High Concept: A Good Dog!
Trouble: ???
Aspect: ???

Quick +3
Sneaky and Clever +2
Forceful and Flashy +1
Careful +0

Stunts:
???
???

Now wet and being yelled at, the dog makes a break for the door, with it's Stand hurling rude gestures and flailing.

The Market

It doesn't take long for the eyes of 『36 Chambers』to find the culprit - a tall, thin figure on top of the tourist information building, in a heavily modified scarlet suit and long red hair obscuring his face. He's holding a ratty bow in one hand, which he stows in a guitar face before rapidly making his way to the rooftop door.

Hayato takes a look at Tora and, instead of moving, freezes, staring at the arrow embedded in her side. he begins to mumble and mutter rapidly under his breath, whilst 『Starman』rattles like keys jangling together.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Mifune Io
Flashy +3, Clever +2, Quick +2, Careful +1, Forceful +1, Sneaky +0
FP: 3 | Stress: ☐☐☐ | Consequences: Peeved but unhurt

Can't let the dog get out on the streets to harass more innocents, and unlike her employee, Io's a little less worried about the dog than she is the kids' welfare (not to mention her whole beautiful arcade). She sweeps her hand through what remains of EBYT's oxygen-gel body, scooping out a lump about the size of a baseball; in one rapid, even swing, she hurls a fastball right in front of Good Dog's muzzle, where it pops -- less the dull thunder of a few seconds ago, more a nearby firecracker, but considering dog hearing...

Taking +2 to Quickly Attack thanks to Jumpin' Jack Flash.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Mishima Kisaki

Mishima's grin got slightly wider. "Attaboy. Now, first thing on the docket is...have you seen anyone around town with a bow and arrow? That dog didn't get its scar by itself,after all."

OOC note:the male Team Skull member now has the Aspect "Scared Shitless".

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 2, 2018

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Izumi Sakuya

"BAD DOG!" Sakuya barks from the rear of the shop, while a tense Mifune rears back her fastball. poo poo, Sakuya thinks to herself as she takes the opportunity to blink back across the shop again. Boss is being pretty rough about this, isn't she? Perhaps because of this thought, she slaps the head of her mop down in front of the dog, towering over it from above, where she definitely was not a moment before that cracking boom.

"Now listen," she says, with a controlled tension that grinds her teeth together. 「Flashdance」 emerges from within her, descending and swiftly grabbing at the hands of 「A Good Day」 and simply holding them there, long enough to firmly push down the middle fingers and stop its rude gestures. "Bad behavior like that is just going to get everybody mad. I don't like being mad any more than you like me being mad. But if you do keep causing trouble, I sure as hell am going to make you feel it and remember it. Understand me? I'm giving you a peace offering, here. Will you be a good dog and quit shoving poo poo around?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:17 PM
@I am just a box: 4dF+3 Forcefully Creating an Advantage to earn Respect of Dog and impress my authority on it. = (++-+)+3 = 5

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kamiyama Hiromu

Hiromu notices the vibrating spirit and begins to put something together. "Wait, Hayato, do you know something about this!?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Gojun Ryuko

Ryuko's eyes snap towards the mysterious figure on the rooftop, but... after a moment of hesitation, she turned towards the group around Tora. A guy like that shouldn't be left running around, but she couldn't very well run off with Tora shot. Especially since she'd been manning her stand! At least his red suit would make picking him out in a crowd a breeze when the hunt started in earnest.

A few seconds later, she settled down next to Tora and started giving her a once-over. Clearly, the arrow was a problem, a big problem, but how was Tora doing?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Arcade

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:41 PM
@ClockwiseMan: 4dF +3 Quickly Defend against the attack! = (-b--)+3 = 0

Dog takes 5 Damage! Fills 1 shift box, adds moderate consequence "Stunned".

Humiliated and battered, the dog doesn't register the gas bullet until it impacts. The animal yelps and stumbles as the sound of the flashbang-like ability ruins its hearing, and it flops over onto one side, legs kicking.

A GOOD DOG must retire!

「A Good Day」is now too weak to fight back as 「Flashdance」restrains it. The dog whimpers and wriggles weakly, but doesn't resist. You get the feeling it is taking the lesson to heart.

quote:

The dog concedes the roll. Sakuta Succeeds with Style on Creating an Advantage!

Outside the Arcade

Okuyasu swallows nervously. "Uh, I do know a guy who's got a bow and arrow. They, uh, don't walk around with it though, you know? What's his name... uh, Kira, I think? Kira Satoshi? yeah, that's his name!"

The girl, behind him, purses her lips but says nothing.

The Market

Tora's eyes have rolled back into her head, and she's shivering. She's not screaming or yelling, which is probably a bad sign - something else is going on here. Inspecting the arrow, you can see that the haft is made of a dark wood with a gold bit after the feathered part. You probably don't know enough about arrows to know the actual names.

Hayato's hands go up to his head. His fingers thread into his hair and he begins to tug, his muttering rising in volume.

"- no no no why, why, why are you doing this, I asked you to stop, why would you shoot her? That's not -"

「Starman」rattles as it flies over to Tora's collapsed form, now visible as fully humanoid. It holds its hands over Tora, looking unsure as to what to do.

"Don't..." Hayato draws in a deep breath. "Don't pull the arrow out. She'll - she'll bleed more, I- I think..."

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 9, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Gojun Ryuko

Ryuko lets out a sigh as she sees how bad it is. It didn't look like it had hit anything to cause internal bleeding, but... well, Tora isn't doing well. It'd be far too long before emergency services could respond and, frankly, this is likely the work of an enemy stand. Stand-adjacent, at the least. That means she has to do something. Hayato is a mess and his stand is going nuts. Now, he is right in that taking out an arrow was normally a bad idea... but they'd just been talking about Sengoku-era wound treatment strategies in history class last week. Maybe nobody else had paid attention, but it's funny how these things come up.

Grabbing onto the shaft, she fiddles around with it a bit to figure out the precise location of the arrowhead. Further examination leads her to the conclusion that it hasn't nicked anything and, indeed, can probably be pulled out without too much trouble. She'll just need to make a quick incision to free up some space. Ryuko looks back, towards where 『36 Chambers』waits, and motions 『Ghostface Killah』forward. She says, "Alright, I need a small cut here and here." The stand moves quick as lightning and, before her nerves can fail her, Ryuko extricates the arrow.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Saturday at 2:32 PM
@Tricky: 4dF+3 Cleverly Overcome Tora's Arrow! = (b--b)+3 = 1

Going to invoke "We covered this in class last week, you know." for a +2 and make that a success!

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Izumi Sakuya

Sakuya gives out an exasperated sigh, and resignedly scratches the dog behind the ears. "Do we understand each other? Good." She takes a few wide steps over splashed water and fallen glass, dog in hands, and turns to her boss on her way out. "So wait, that was what I thought it was, wasn't it? You've got powers of your own?" She'd shown Sakuya the diving helmet once, but Sakuya had never really listened that carefully or seen the connection between that and her own arrow-born abilities. "I'll come back to help clean this poo poo up later, but only if you're paying overtime for it."

She shoves open the door and shoves the dog back into the hands of the girl wearing the skull getup, and then immediately slaps her upside the head. "Take better care of your dog, you goddamn idiots! Dog's got way too much energy and not enough sense about how to burn it." The psychic aura of Flashdance pulses around her as she stands over the skull twins, crack the knuckles of one fist within her other cupped hand, and then doing the same in reverse. "Now where did it get all that energy, I wonder..."

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 21, 2018

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Mifune Io
FP: 3 | Stress: ☐☐☐ | Consequences: Nada

Io shrugs. "If you're calling a portable air freshener a 'power.' Good work with the dog, Sakuya-kun, but --" And she's out the door and harassing those black beanie kids, the ones that haven't caught a break all day. Can't leave these kids alone, apparently, and especially not a psychic kid holding a psychic dog and obviously still raring to go. Io leans out the door and holds up a hand.

"No reason to have this conversation in the middle of the sidewalk, folks," she says. "You two -- you remember the rule, don't you? If you leave crap on the floor while you're here, you clean it up before you leave. And your dog, I'm sorry to say, has produced some truly impressive crap."

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 15, 2018

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Market

With the aid of the erstwhile 『Ghostface Killah』, Ryuko manages to extract the arrow from Tora. Instantly, the girl's breathing settles and her eyes close, as if asleep. Hayato relaxes, but is still visibly shaken, 『Starman』still rattling.

"Uhm..." Hayato looks like he’s about to say something, but he’s swept aside by the emergency services and the police as they converge on the scene. Before you know it, Tora is picked up and bundled into an ambulance.

Outside the Arcade

The Ninjimura twins, already intimidated by one tough teen, shrink even further as Sakuya and Io appear. The girl takes the slap upside the head without even reacting. The dog barks as it is reunited with its owners. In the background, you can see a commotion as an ambulance and police cars pull into the plaza.

“Yes, Mifune-san,” the twins chorus. As they traipse obediently into the arcade, another figure detaches themselves from the growing number of men in uniform and strides over to the group assembled outside the arcade..

“Everything okay here, Miss Mifune?” Officer Joichiro Higashikata raises the brow of his cap and looks down at the other teens, frowning slightly. “We had a lot of reports of a disturbance here. These kids bothering you?”

The next post will be a scene change - use this opportunity to alter your character sheets as per a Minor Milestone and make a few casual posts before we move on!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Mishima Kisaki

Dammit! Mishima thought to himself Right after I get some good info,the cops show up! Don't attract attention,just blend in.

As tempted as he was to go and see if Sakuya-Chan was OK, two of the school troublemakers being seen together would probably get them both in trouble.

That reminds me...when the cops leave, I should tell Sakuya-Chan about that Kira guy. And I should probably also give that name to my man Hamada,see if he can dig anything up.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Izumi Sakuya

It's the cop with the nice face. Sakuya folds her arms defensively, still dressed in her work clothes and apron from a moment ago in the arcade. "I work here," she says, immediately reaching for an alibi. He probably knows who Mishima is too, so she adds, "He was here to hang out with me. And he sucks at F-Mega." All of these things, true in a sense. And she really wasn't causing trouble! This time.

She cranes her neck, looking over Mishima's shoulder across the plaza. "Wait, what the hell happened? There's an ambulance and everything now. Seriously, I didn't see anything. Did somebody get hurt?" As she tries to step between bodies to get a look at the incident, the colorful aura of her Stand flickers again, one more spot of strange activity for a Stand user to notice amid the commotion.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Mifune Io
FP: 3 | Stress: ☐☐☐ | Consequences: Nada

The old instincts kick in -- a youth spent talking to the police from below -- before being swiftly quashed in favor of the "not even a little spiteful" routine. Io makes a wide, friendly, and -- above all -- debris-obscuring hand gesture of assent. "Just a little run-in with a dog, officer. It got underfoot, the kids panicked, it panicked, but we caught it just fine -- Sakuya-kun's been nothing but useful."

She winces as the actual events of the past ten minutes catch up to her. "Though I'd appreciate it if you could point me in the direction of a good local repairman. Cash registers don't come cheap around here."

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kamiyama Hiromu

Hiromu found herself in a strange place. Namely a place of ignorance.

Other people with strange spirits like hers following them around existed, and then there was the lunatic with the arrow. A rush of terror and fear unlike anything she had ever felt before!

How she wished she could just burst out laughing right now! Even so she could hardly hide the big smile on her face. She spun around to face Ryuko. "Well that was an experience!" She said, "I do hope Tora's OK and the police catch that psychopath." Hah, like they could do anything.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Gojun Ryuko

Ryuko nods, looking a bit solemn as she considers the Arrow hiding under her jacket and the person that shot it, then simply says, "Me too." She doesn't look confident at all at the prospect. "...Why would someone attack Tora like that? She's a good kid." Eyes narrowing, a palpable aura of menace beginning to emanate from the honor student, she unconsciously struck an utterly fantastic pose while『36 Chambers』arrays themselves around her. Her thoughts turn to the man in the red suit... He'd pay for hurting her. She'd make drat sure of it.

After a moment, she looks towards the arcade, her eyes catching the brief psychedelic aura around... a girl? Ryuko says, "Hey, Hiromu. Did you see that? I think there's someone over there. Someone with powers."

Gonna use my minor milestone to add a stunt to Ryuko, but I haven't quite thought of a good one yet.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Officer Higashikata just nods as he hears the explanations. You're not sure if he believes you, but he seems to accept what you're telling him. As Sakuya moves, he doesn't move to stop her, but there's a suggestion that he might. "Some kid got injured. I don't have many details right now. I guess you weren't a witness, so..."

He adjusts his cap. "Good grief. Okay, Miss Mifune, I'll get you in touch with Miss Trussardi. I don't know if she's ever done anything like this before, but I'm sure she'll figure it out." When he looks up, its with the eyes of someone older than him.

"Alright, kids, I'm going to need you to leave. There's a bunch of crimes haven taken place here at once, clearly. I might ask you questions later, but right now, just go home or back to school."

He turns and heads back to the press of vehicles and people, leaving two groups of people to wonder what happened today...

Minor Milestone reached. You may do one of the following (if you haven't done so already):
  • Switch the ratings of any two of your approaches.
  • Rename any aspect that isn't your High Concept.
  • Change a stunt.
  • Choose a new stunt (adjusting your refresh if nessecary).

Morioh Cho Radiooo~

"Good day, Morioh! As always, this is your host, Kai Harada, on this wonderful sunny day with Morioh Cho Radio! I hope everyone involved in the incidents this morning is safe and well, and that this next track should help them get over their blues. We'll have the news and traffic, right after!"

The Kids
School's been cancelled for the rest of today. It was cancelled yesterday as well, along with the culture festival, after Tora was taken to hospital. She's still there, and student rumor is working hard and fast to obscure how she's doing. These and more are circling on the message boards - a popular theory being that Kira Hayato, the "creepy kid", was the one who fired the arrow, and that his dad covered for him. The carnage at the arcade is blamed on the Nijimura twins, who haven't ever set foot in Morioh High if the chatter is true.

Even without these rumors, you have some information. You know there's more people with abilities like you. You know there's an arrow, and someone using it. And you know that they're willing to use it on whomever they please.

What do you do? Who do you trust? Where do you go?

GM's handy note for who knows what posted:

Assuming two groups here, Mishima and Sakuya being one and Gojun and Kamiyama in the other.

Both groups are aware of
  • There is someone going around town shooting people with an arrow,
  • Many people in Morioh have weird powers (duh).
Mishima and Sakuya know:
  • The arrow gives people weird powers.
  • The arrow works on dogs.
  • Kira Satoshi is purported by the Nijimura twins to have an arrow.
Gojun and Kamiyama know:
  • A man in red, with red hair, has a bow but no arrow (as far as you know).
  • Kira Hayato, the weird kid, seems to be hiding something about the arrow.

Mifune Io

Trussardi came over. She could fix broken glass. She could almost - with a lot of complaining - fix the arcade machines that were broken. You're pretty in the hole now, but the Nijimura kids spent a good amount of time cleaning up after themselves. You didn't even have to nag them too hard.

But it's the problem of being in the hole you're dealing with right now when there's a knock at the door. You look up - the arcade is supposed to be closed, which you've done to try and get your poo poo together. Someone is standing very patiently out front, not even trying to peer through the glass.

Thankfully he's not doing the pose in the image. That'd be too weird even for Morioh.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 3, 2018

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Mishima Kisaki

FP: 3 Stress: ☐☐☐ | Consequences: None

Mishima spent most of the night pondering the events that unfolded. He barely slept that night. The next morning,he put on his fancy tiger-striped suit-school's out,after all-and pondered his first move. Gotta meet up with Sakuya-chan,fill her in on this Kira guy. Then I gotta get in touch with my "guy" again. Maybe I could get Sakuya-chan to come with. As he combed his hair, he had another thought. Maybe I should try and get in touch with those other people from the Arcade. They've probably got leads of their own. All this ties together somehow. He applied the gel as he came to a conclusion he didn't expect: I've never really been a team player before. Guess there's a first time for everything. After he took one last look at his reflection with an admiring grin,Mishima opened the door and left his house.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 3, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Gojun Ryuko

Ryuko couldn't help but ponder the nature of the strange arrow she found herself in possession of. It couldn't be normal, not with how weird the town was, and especially not with how weird Tora's condition had been after being hit with it. That meant... well, she wasn't sure what that meant. And if there was anything that infuriated Ryuko more than anything, it was not knowing something. Still, despite it all, she figured that Hayato had to be the best angle for investigation. He knew something. And if he knew something... well, she was pretty sure she'd know something after a little applied diplomacy.

So, for that reason, she'd been canvassing the town to figure out where, exactly, he lived. Normally it would have been as simple as explaining to his homeroom teacher that he'd asked her for a little after-school tutoring with exams on the horizon, but she'd been forced to branch out and ask around town. After a somewhat productive conversation with some of the shopkeepers in the local Morioh market, she got some vague directions towards a house that she assumes must be his.

Her invisible bodyguards slightly more invisible than usual, she sternly makes her way towards the gate. It was time to get some answers.

Added a stunt to Ryuko, dropping her refresh to 2!

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Izumi Sakuya

Milestone: Replaced "A Maiden's Heart" Aspect with "Big Sister."

"Gojun."

A voice from behind, where a moment ago there had been nothing. The voice is no mystery, although the two haven't crossed paths directly. Violent girls still hear each other's reputation, and Izumi Sakuya doesn't hide hers. There's something different about her today, though: a cautious intensity that seems to light her from beneath. Behind and around her, the psychedelic colors of 『Flashdance』 loom hanging in the air. She raises a finger in the air, curling in Ryuko's direction.

"Do you see it?"

ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Gojun Ryuko

The voice only takes a split-second to place. Izumi Sakuya, the karate club's so-called hidden weapon. Ryuko slowly turns, her own aura spilling out in pulsing waves as『36 Chambers』makes their presence known, and she tilts her head. Her eyes lock with Sakuya as she simply responds, "Izumi." The enigmatic figures of『36 Chambers』appear and form a protective phalanx around her. Weapons evident, but not raised towards the student. "Does that answer your question?"

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Izumi Sakuya

"Aa," Sakuya affirms. "Answers it pretty good." Her eyes flicker back and forth between the bodies of 『36 Chambers』, looking for an escape route, or an opening, if she should need one.

"If you're sneaking around the Kira house, then you're looking for the bow and arrow too, aren't you? Am I right? What is it you're going to do with them when you get them?"

『Flashdance』's right hand tenses, preparing the shape of a fist.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Gojun Ryuko

Ryuko slowly reaches into her coat and, after a slight hesistation, pulls out the arrow and holds it level with Sakuya. She says, "I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to find the red-headed bastard that shot Tora with this..." The figures of『36 Chambers』look at the Kira household as one. "...and beat the hell out of him. You got a problem with that, Izumi?"

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Izumi Sakuya

The hand of 『Flashdance』 flexes, and then opens. The Stand drifts forward, and holds out its hand to shake that of one of the figures of Ryuko's Stand.

"Save a piece of him for me, then. I came to snap that thing apart and use it for kindling. As long as nobody's getting shot from here on, though, I don't think we have a problem."

Her body language relaxes, and she steps closer, taking a position to hide in the bushes from the Kira residence for now. The tension in her voice finally melts when she asks, "So you got like ten of these guys, and I only got one? How the hell does that work?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Kira Household

As the two of you talk, the front door opens.

The woman blinks at you. She's dressed in clothes that were probably the height of fashion in 1800's England, with a huge sunhat encircling her red hair and a crimson dress that took up most of the doorway. The kitchen knife in her hand would glint if it wasn't for the cake crumbs on the blade.

"...Yes? Can I help you? Or are you just having an argument on my front doorstep?" Her Japanese stumbles a little over her accent, which you can't quite place at the moment. Her tone is annoyed rather than hostile. She doesn't say anything about your Stands, thankfully.

Mishima has managed to track Sakuya to here now, and is a distant witness to this meeting.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Mifune Io
FP: 4/3 | Stress: ☐☐☐ | Consequences: Nada

Compelling Owner of the One Arcade in Town to give Io the Aspect Strapped for Cash.

Io blinks at the... intruder isn't the right word, but he feels intrusive. Into her space, no, but maybe into her visual range, with that David Bowie hairstyle and -- and is that a frigging skull tie? Something between the Goblin King and a record producer who's a metaphor for the devil. Hazily, EBYT appears behind her, beginning to take in air...

Then she shakes her head. What the hell am I thinking, anyway? Bizarre or not, it's not like the man's going to be a serial killer just because he's got bad taste. Setting down her accounts ledger, Io walks up to the door and opens it a generous hair, not large enough for the man to come in but not so thin as to seem suspicious of him. "Sorry, we're closed for today, so if you're here for Street Fighter you're out of luck. Anything else I can do for you?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Gojun Ryuko

『RZA』shakes the hand of『Flashdance』while Ryuko thoughtfully responds to Sakuya, "I've been considering that. I think they reflect something about our personality, or some hidden aspect of our psyche." She indicates the mob surrounding them. "『36 Chambers』can be a bunch of places at once, take care of anything that comes up no matter how much is piled on my plate. That's kind of my problem. I have more things to do than hours in the day. Hayato is a mess, his stand—" She pauses, then clarifies. "I've been doing some research online. I think that we're not the first people to have these. A blog I follow calls them that. But yeah, Hayato's stand is a mess too. What does yours do?"

It's about that time that Mrs. Kira decides to crash the party. Quickly shoving the arrow back into her jacket, Ryuko says, "Sorry for bothering you, ma'am! Is this where Hayato lives? He seemed really shaken up by everything that happened at the culture festival and I wanted to make sure that he was doing alright."

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Izumi Sakuya

"Stand," Sakuya repeats with audible scare quotes, mulling over the term. Before she can say anything else, though, a homeowner finds something strange about two young women radiating menace outside her window.

"No argument," Sakuya says awkwardly, adopting the kind of louder, slower Japanese that foreigners like hearing and appreciate. "You know, it's just like when you're with friends, it's how you show affection." She smiles and smacks Ryuko on the shoulder a little too hard.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Kira Household

The woman brightens when Hayato is mentioned. "Oh? I didn't know Hayato had any... Come in, come in!"

She leans back through the doorway to shout "Hayato! Your friends are here!" Then she retreats inside, allowing you to enter straight into what appears to be a combined sitting and dining room. It's pretty typical of the slightly more middle-class houses in the suburbs of Morioh, painted with uninspiring cream walls and furniture that hasn't gotten old enough to be interesting. A few oddities - a few flying ducks on the wall, a grandfather clock in one corner - seem like the mother's own touches. A few English and Japanese textbooks are stacked in the middle of the table. A fat black cat looks up from the rug in front of the fireplace, but doesn't get up to investigate.

A chorus of thumps announces the arrival of Hayato, who stops halfway up the stairs. Mild surprise is on his features.

"Um... hello, Gojun-san. Uh, Izumi-san." He seems to vibrate a little.

"Oh, is that their names?" Hayato's mother is at the kitchen counter, dividing up some cake. "How nice for them to come visit!"

Hayato's shoulders hunch. "Uhm, yeah. Uh, do you wanna go to my room or something?"

"Which one is your girlfriend?" Hayato's mother has a teasing tone to her voice. The question causes Hayato to go bright red, and for 『Starman』 to emerge from behind him with a plastic rattle.

"Mooom!"

"Just kidding~"

Mishima
Do you follow Sakuya and Ryuko? They just walked into the house. Do you know who lives there, even?

The Arcade
The man tilts his head, cat-like. You notice a brown paper bag with the Burisu Family Bakery logo stamped on it - looks like he's on lunch break.

"Apologies. I'm not here to play games, Mifune-San." His voice is smooth and a thin smile plays on his face. "I lost my reaction times a long time ago."

He straightens his head. "I'm Kira Satoshi. I heard about the incident yesterday, and I was quite concerned. You do a fine job running this place and my son enjoys his visits here a lot, so I thought I would help the community of this fine town. I would like to help cover the costs of the damage those delinquents caused, if at all possible. It would be no trouble to me and I am sure the many patrons of this place would appreciate it. Does that sound reasonable?"

That's... forward. How much do you know about the Kira family anyway? Would you take the money?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Mishima Kisaki

Mishima saw the 2 girls and decided to follow close behind. When they got to the house, Mishima recognized Hyato's voice Yeah, I know him. Saved his rear end from that punk Sekai couple weeks ago. But now something feels...different about him. Should come in,make sure the girls are OK. As confidently as he could, he knocked on the door. And he might know a thing or two I can use. Hamada can wait.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Gojun Ryuko

Ryuko smiles pleasantly, in full honor student mode, "That sounds great, Hayato, especially since our last conversation got interrupted by that mess at the culture festival. Let's go. Right, Izumi?"

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Izumi Sakuya

「Flashdance」 looms silently over Izumi's shoulder, curving its spine to look downward at Hayato. She herself just gives a fanged smirk, leaving Hayato to interpret what it is the Axe Kick of Budogaoka High is here for. As they proceed through the halls and get a little polite distance, though, she starts talking as if nothing were amiss. "Your mom seems pretty nice. So you're half-Japanese or something? Y'know, I never figured." She pauses, and then adds, "Not that it's a problem or anything, it's pretty cool."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
GM's note - at this point, Poltergrift has dropped out of the game. Their place shall be taken by Waffleman.

Kira Household

Hayato seems to get smaller as Izumi looms over him. He shrinks even more as his mother goes over to the door and announces the arrival of Mishima as "another friend!"

As they walk, Hayato manages to bring himself to answer Izumi's question. "Uhm, yeah, she's from England. Dad met her on a business trip and she came over here. I think she's from some rich family or something."

Hayato leads you to his room. It's fastidiously neat, with everything you'd expect a schoolkid to have stacked neatly on one desk - shoved aside a little for two Gunpla, and a third in progress. One lonely band poster hangs above his bed. The games console next to the tv on his chest of drawers has two controllers, but one is dusty.

"You can stop pretending to be my friends now." Hayato's voice is small. "You're asking about the arrow, aren't you?"

Kamiyama Hiromu

So, what are you up to? Not heard from you in a while. There's more people with spirits out there, right? You saw them. How does that make you feel? Are you going to follow up on that, or let it lie?

Lani Vegas

Hey wait, that's not good enough. One sec.

INTRODUCING LANI VEGAS AND HER STAND, RED LIGHT DISTRICT

Oh yeah, that's better. Way cooler. Anyway.

You've got no idea what's going on. Yesterday was supposed to be the culture festival, and then some girl got shot by an arrow and the arcade got busted up. And now the school's closed. Not like it has any reputation to lose, but, well. Sucks.

But you were there, kinda. You were hanging around but you didn't have a stall 'cos screw that noise. And you saw some stuff. You saw some people who had ghosts. Ghosts like yours. You also saw a weirdo in a pink suit and two kids who were trying way too hard to look tough. That's a lot of leads as to what the gently caress is going on. But you wanna get to the bottom of this, right? So where do you go? Who do you ask?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lani Vegas
Clever 0 | Forceful +2 | Flashy +2 | Quick +3 | Careful +1 | Sneaky +1

Man....this is weird. This is too weird...I thought this weird guy was just some kind of hallucination I was having! Either my head's more messed up than I thought from that fever I had, or there's something more going on!

Japan is weird!!!!

Well, I figure since the school's closed, I can head to the arcade and see what went down there. As I approach, I see a guy in a suit standing in front...was that the guy from earlier? It was all kind of a blur, so I'm not sure...Either way, it's worth looking into. Alright, Vegas. Be cool.

I walk up to the arcade nonchalantly, looking at the damage with a whistle.

"Whew! Sure had a number done on this place, huh? Disaster area!"

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 4, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Gojun Ryuko

Ryuko gives Hayato a look, "Of course. Someone shot Tora with it at a school function. I'd ask you about it regardless." A moment, then she sighs. "...I wasn't lying to your mom, okay? You looked pretty out of it. Are you alright?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Mishima Kisaki

Mishima nodded,his arms crossed. "I can back the lady up on this. Whole bunch of people have been shot with an arrow recently and gained these weird spirits. Even a dog." He shrugged his shoulders. "Don't ask me how that happened." Maybe some small talk will lighten the mood. "Hey, looks like that bruise Sekai gave you is all gone. It looked pretty bad last time I saw ya!" He tried doing a lighter version of his usual grin.

• Locked thread