Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
stymie go into the witless protection program, start anew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

prisoner of waffles posted:

this is the posting that stymie wants and it's a total derail.

i would be thrilled if people would stop posting about me, and stop theorizing about me, and stop insinuating i'm responsible for being abused, and maybe start believing me just a little bit

honestly the most effective way i can think of that would get me to stop posting would be for yospos to show a little bit of self-reflection about how tremendously lovely they're being in this moment, but that might be too much to hope for

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

epstein’s island is up for grabs you should put in a bid just to see what happens

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
lol "tremendously lovely" - nobody is quoting to you, only inlining. its actually excellent behavior by all, good job all around really to go this far and no quote

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
epic, ancient, master troll stymie is pwning this whole forum, easily.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
you can tell stymie is part of the professional-managerial class aka neolib aka boss aka capitalist because they're using the language of the oppressed to defend themselves while not actually being oppressed at all. for all of their posturing, its pretty evident that stymie has no actual empathy, sympathy, or concept of comradeship with the people they purport to speak for.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sagebrush posted:

internet is gonna do what internet does. i don't think any of the yospos regulars are the type to doxx and harass people (i recall a few who were permabanned for it) but if you've been pissing of kiwifarms people idk what to tell you other than the mob has a short attention span once you stop giving them fuel.

log off, destroy the stymie persona, never use it again, and the harassers you're worried about will shift their attention somewhere else quite rapidly. that's the only valid defense mechanism.

you do realize that this is the equivalent of saying that i shouldn't dress like that if i don't want to be harassed, right?

like, this is the exact defense people use to excuse women being assaulted, "the men just can't control themselves and the victims bring it on themselves!"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Smythe posted:

epic, ancient, master troll stymie is pwning this whole forum, easily.

i mean, agreed.

uncurable mlady posted:

you can tell stymie is part of the professional-managerial class aka neolib aka boss aka capitalist because they're using the language of the oppressed to defend themselves while not actually being oppressed at all. for all of their posturing, its pretty evident that stymie has no actual empathy, sympathy, or concept of comradeship with the people they purport to speak for.

agreed!

the below-linked post is a spectacular example of uncurable mlady's point

and tbqh, given how often I've been saying "actually stymie must want this" I was absolutely gobsmacked that he didn't bring up the "you're just like the people who say 'she shouldn't have been wearing that!'" defense earlier

the difference between stymie's situation and people experiencing actual violence is left as an exercise (for stymie)

prisoner of waffles fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 29, 2019

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

prisoner of waffles posted:

this is the posting that stymie wants and it's a total derail.

it’s fun for the whole family

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

you should all show your humanity by agreeing with me, and empathizing with the strawmen I keep throwing around

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

please don't mock me mr megegor that's harassment

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

like it's honestly super gross for stymie to compare their treatment on here to being the victim of sexual assault

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

uncurable mlady posted:

gee i wonder why i don't have a lot of comradeship with people who are actively comparing me to a murdered pedophile for the high crime of being a little critical

lord knows that communists never deal in criticism, especially among an in-group

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol 'comradeship' it's called solidarity you absolute loving scrooge mcduck

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

uncurable mlady posted:

like it's honestly super gross for stymie to compare their treatment on here to being the victim of sexual assault

yeah thats pretty bad

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004
TODO: Place Title Here

uncurable mlady posted:

it's a pretty by-the-book maga chud move tbh

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

uncurable mlady posted:

cosigned, double underlined

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

uncurable mlady posted:

i'm not comparing my treatment, i'm comparing the defenses being used to justify it

if they're okay with heaping abuse on a random internet poster and write it off the same way people dismiss victims of sexual assault then they've opened themselves up just that little bit more to possibly doing something worse

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

uncurable mlady posted:

agreed. it's much more like kicking a hornet's nest and then being mad that they keep stinging you and also mad that people are telling you to just go inside until they cool down

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
"if you'd swat a fly, you're more open to murdering a human"

great, thanks comradeship stymie, im a jain now

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

stymie is one of those people who gets mad when someone protests a trump official having dinner, not because they support the policy, but because they know that their own actions deserve similar scorn

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

uncurable mlady posted:

stymie is one of those people who gets mad when someone protests a trump official having dinner, not because they support the policy, but because they know that their own actions deserve similar scorn

well and also because they dont want to get stuck in the restaurant

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Stymie posted:

as it is even if 100% of the things i say are fake and i'm actually a hedge fund manager or a google employee or a bored teenager or whatever i can't possibly reveal that now because johnny has created this perfect catch-22 where if i reveal even an iota of true information i'll immediately have kiwi farms wannabes calling my house, my friends, my family, whatever because i'm the poster that was rude to them or their pals a few times
Suck my loving rear end, you worthless shame pig.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sniep posted:

his hole is 6 feet deep but he keeps digging. it's frankly kinda weird. he must be loving the attention though

it's the goon in the well, except he loves the piss

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
stymie you’ve only ever been rude to other people

why would you walk back from that

it was your armor

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Getting bodied this hard and continuing to post pretending to be not angry is a good bit.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
why do the posts keep happening :ohdear:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue posted:

how is this conversation still going on

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

quote:

OP: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a well!!!"
Goons1-4: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"
OP: "I'm thinking I should dig... should I dig?"
Goon5: "NO! I was trapped in a well, and digging is a bad idea! Climb out!"
Goons6-8: "Were lowering ropes! Take hold of a rope!"
Goon9: "I've even tied a harness to the end of this one!"
OP: "I can feel the ropes, but I don't want to hold onto them... should I dig?"
Goon10: "No! If you dig, you'll hit water, and then you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned."
OP: "I dug a little bit just now, and I haven't hit water. I'm gonna keep digging..."
Goons11-18: "No! Climb! Climb out!"
OP: "Guys, I'm seriously stuck in this well! Help! HELP!!!"
Goon19: "I was trapped in a well once. It took me two years, but I managed to build a climbing machine that pulled me to safety out of a well bucket and a pocket watch. I'm dropping the blueprints, extra buckets, and an assortment of pocket watches."
Goon20: "I've engineered a jet-pack that will rocket you to safety. Stay where you are and we'll lower it down!""
"OP: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep digging. I'll find the Mines of Moria and I'll just walk to the surface."
**Goons1-20 piss in the well**
Stymie: oh yes give me that sweet yellow rain

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

lol 'comradeship' it's called solidarity you absolute loving scrooge mcduck

The comradeship is when me and my roommates go on a canoe trip

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Are you your avatar right now?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

rt4 posted:

why do the posts keep happening :ohdear:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

tag yourselves, i'm the goose

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

uncurable mlady posted:

It is and honestly it's super upsetting to hear it because of what's happened to me over the past few months.

Like honestly, deeply upsetting.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

iospace posted:

tag yourselves, i'm the goose

i'm the shell cordovan

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it's the goon in the well, except he loves the piss
boy does he ever

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

post your takes while you still can

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
yeah, i think it's time to stop engaging with stymie. we can put "disingenuously casting himself as a victim of harrassment and abuse" into the skills section of his character sheet and stop giving him so much room to use it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

~*fartz*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

iospace posted: