Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
yeah, get your own "helper" for like $600 USD a month who works 24/6.

and if you don't like them and fire them they have two weeks to find a job or they get deported.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
I had a friend a couple years after the first bubble who did that Sac -> SF commute (in a car pool at least).

iirc he left the house at 4:30 am and got home after 10pm.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
they did that in HK too this year and man super-fuckin rich people were so angry

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
was friends with an Aussie foreign exchange student in hs and the first place her host family took her was fuckin outback steakhouse.

the midwest is bad.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

eschaton posted:

also back in the day there was MacHack and people would work feverishly to put together a hack for the Hack Contest

machack was the poo poo. And their website is still up? http://www.machack.com

one of the last talks in 2003 was "Windows development using CodeWarrior on the Mac"

which uh yeah I guess that's technically possible if you really, really hate yourself.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
go get allergy shots too

yeah its a pain in the rear end to get jabbed in the arm once a week for like forever but having (almost) no allergies owns bones

edit: allergy symptoms. you're still allergic to poo poo dwi

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

jit bull transpile posted:

You only have to do immunotherapy for 5 years. I finished 2 years ago and it's nice being able to visit my in laws without dying of cat exposure.

ya i did five years as well, but once a week doc visits gets fuckin' old after a while. and my doc was just across the street from work

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

ADINSX posted:

"what is, exactly, a computer"?

we just don't know

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Uncle Enzo posted:

he weighted that thing so it'd have neutral buoyancy, right? otherwise it'd float super forcefully. you'd need to adjust the weight for each kid. what's the rated full/empty weight?

nvm just saw the vid

just strap a couple weight belts on it nbd

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

infernal machines posted:

you don't have to get dressed up, and the kids love it

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Beamed posted:

we moved past that egg thing without a concise summary for the viewers at home and now i'm dying to know if i'm going to become the egg

As usual, the SAclopedia got ya covered: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2367

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

FCKGW posted:

LA's got a ton of mass transit projects going down and by the time the olympics roll around it should be pretty rocking

i hope this goes well and at least they're trying, but the couple times i've taken the metro in LA it's taken at least an hour to go like 5 miles.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
maybe it's because you live in a loving DESERT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
can we talk about microwaves some more?

my parents got a microwave I think from my mom's parents as a wedding present when they got married in 1970-whatever and they still have it and it still works great

its brown.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

President Beep posted:

i cannot turn down cocktail sauce.

horseradish ftw

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

President Beep posted:

on shrimp? intriguing!

no its in the cocktail sauce, that's why it's so delicious.

fun fact: you can mace yourself really easily if you make your own horseradish in a food processor so beeeeeeee careful.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
but it's so worth it to get real horseradish instead of the weak-rear end garbage you get from the store.

thanks granddad for teachin' me that

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Peeny Cheez posted:

There are a lot of factors at work here that you simply are not considering.

NO poo poo??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Cold on a Cob posted:

as bad as this sounds it's probably better than SAP

that is not exactly a real high bar

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

The Leck posted:

i definitely remember finding duckjob.wav on my family computer - i think one of my uncles sent it to my dad. not as erotic as i was hoping for!

a million years ago I grabbed an mp3 that was a mashup of mmmbop and where the slime live by morbid angel and I would give my left testicle to find that again.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

JawnV6 posted:

fiddly lil things like "elevation"

plz work out

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

they touch on it in the article, but CA's "residency" requirements are, for exactly the above reason, absurdly broad.

a couple of years after I left the states, I got a letter at my addr in HK from the state of CA saying basically hey fucker you owe us taxes and penalties.

I've never lived within 1500 miles of CA let alone been a resident, so I was real confused. so I get up in the middle of the night to call CA and stay on hold for 2 hours and finally talk to a very nice lady who helped me figure out the situation

the year I left, my job changed my w-2 addr from The Midwest to their headquarters addr in... CA. And I obvs didn't notice when I filed my taxes.

so I faxed (literally faxed, no other options b/c government) a bunch of paperwork and they agreed that I did not, in fact, ever live in CA.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
cls: I live on the ground floor and can hear the door bell for my building when it is rung.

sometime over CNY they have changed it from a normal ding dong to the beginning of the William Tell Overture and I might go literally insane if they don't change it back.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
edit: wrong thread dont' care

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
oh no six inches of snow

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
i had the same awesome prof for all 15 credit hours of calc I had to take (1,2,3) and it was a fuckin' godsend.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
we decided to be GDPR compliant for all our hundreds of millions of customers worldwide not just yurop

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Xaris posted:

yeah lol it only has like maybe 15 years left at this point and wide swaths are dead already

However, we may be eating lots of jellyfish! aren't you stoked??

Also this book is very good so far on a realistic take and how poo poo is hosed, would recommend for the yospos reading list: https://www.amazon.com/Uninhabitable-Earth-Life-After-Warming/dp/0525576703

There was just a recent interview that came out yesterday with the author on the ezra klein podcast that i'd recommend if you want a primer first: https://megaphone.link/VMP4275319764

I go back to the same dive sites a year later and it's crazy to see how much has changed in just one year.

and jellyfish aint too bad.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

lancemantis posted:

wtf Safeway are you shopping at

you should see the White People grocery stores in HK

hello yes i would like to purchase these 8 brussels sprouts and a cabbage please

ok that will be $25 usd thank you.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Rex-Goliath posted:

yeah my dad is the same way. he's generally pretty tough- like piercing his own nail to relieve back-pressure tough but for some reason needles just lay him out

I have the same problem. the actual needling does not bother me at all. Take blood or stab me w/ whatever I don't care. But having gotten allergy shots weekly for 5 years the nurse always made me lay down afterwards for 10 minutes, otherwise my body was like "oh poo poo time to faint for no reason"

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
gas this fuckin' thread h0ly poo poo

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
he’s a very obvious troll if you read his posts in other forums

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Krankenstyle posted:

yall still on the college/burger chat?

I went to a small state school in a small town that is and was inexplicably popular with folks from Nepal. that was a million years ago and I still remember how to say gently caress you motherfucker in Nepalese, thanks Bivek!

a couple months ago I was out to dinner in the Philippines with a doc I just met, from Nepal, who asked “hey so do you know (tiny school I went to)?” and it blew my fuckin mind.

also to be on topic Elon fuckin sucks

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
i used to live close (maybe 20 mins walk) to a Big State School football stadium, and one year they had a B2 bomber flyover, cuz there was a B2 base close by.

it was hands down the loudest loving thing I've ever heard in my life. the cats were outside on the screened-in porch and they came tearing rear end back into the house as fast as they could

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Schadenboner posted:

Do you even Levi-Strauss, bro?

I prefer Calvin Kline jeans myself

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Krankenstyle posted:

iirc my parents were on interrail in France when I was conceived. that's pretty romantic

I went to school with someone names Yachtz, who was supposedly conceived on a yacht.

to the surprise of no one, he’s an investment banker/vc/startup person now. which I guess was his rebellion against his hippie academic parents

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

El_Elegante posted:

Mumps Orchitis Deluxe Truck Nutz

mods plz

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Shame Boy posted:

i got dysentery once from something i never identified the source of, that was a fun week :toot:

it was your posts op

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Achmed Jones posted:

if employees are being assholes you can tell them to stop being assholes

we let folks order delivery if they work late - someone in the office got called out for ordering a $80 steak dinner one time.

I am ofc not dumb enough to fall for this, so go home at a reasonable hour and make my own goddamn dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
skateboard shaggar vs bike shaggar - whoever wins, we all lose including the two of them