Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
we don't need no education

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

FMguru posted:

more pixie-dust-and-unicorn-farts investor storytime from uber - todays, its the high tech flying car terminals of the future

thats right you cities need to start reconfiguring your infrastructure toot sweet in order to accommodate these fairy princess castles made of spun dreams that will never come close to ever being built. or else!

don't we already have buildings with helipads on them?

the little taxi pickup-loop is charmingly inefficient

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

as artistic concepts for futuristic structures, i loving love those things. they remind me of every awesome sci-fi illustration i ever liked

as actual things that humans should build for their stated purpose, l-o-l

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

he weighted that thing so it'd have neutral buoyancy, right? otherwise it'd float super forcefully. you'd need to adjust the weight for each kid. what's the rated full/empty weight?

nvm just saw the vid

Uncle Enzo fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 9, 2018

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

the problem i don't understand is won't people who go there just look it at then go on their phone and buy the thing from like 30% less than amazon? that is, unless the markup on BB isn't as loving obscene as it used to be and <10% difference. i suppose the exceptions is NOWNOW, which, again Amazon does same-day shipping a lot of the time for free (for now), or really bulk items in which it may be somewhat cheaper, like a fridge or something. but then just buy it from Costco or Lowes instead for 50% less?

now certainly leasing/renting space to manufacturers is a good idea and has seemingly done well.

bought my wife an alexa from best buy since i am a lousy husband who did not buy an anniversary gift in advance. price on Amazon, 49.99. price at bb walking out the door that minute was... 48.99. was going to have to pay sales tax either way.

a pleasant big-box experience, strangely

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

my bitter bi rival posted:

everything about this is perfect

i'm alex jones

e: actually i'm the wispy chin strap beard on google glasses man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008