Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I bought some mx revolutions + parts off ebay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ate all the Oreos posted:

i was gonna make a joke about maybe people would ride trains if they could be isolated in their own little sterile room for the whole trip so they don't have any risk of interacting with the wrong kind of people but then i realized that's basically what hyperloop or musk's dumb tunnel company are advertising themselves as ffs

people would ride the train if is was convenient and went to and from where they wanted to go.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

in the original bug the pressure for the windshield washer fluid was provided by the spare tire

German engineering

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my city water is very good and is not too hard or too soft its just right.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

isn’t every HR anti harassment training literally “if someone tells you not to do something stop doing it” and hasn’t it been that way forever

is Silicon Valley just now catching up to the HR of every company from 30 years ago?

or is this one of those “wait you actually meant the words you said?!?!” things

a formal workflow is useful for autistics who cant figure it out otherwise.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

CommunistPancake posted:

working under congress is basically just working for 535 insane megalomaniacs at the same time

its not just the current congress, its also compounding bad policies from every previous congress. the end result is terrible management in every government agency and that leads to employees that don't give a poo poo because the organization litterrally prevents anyone from giving a poo poo.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
cant read that article but I read it somewhere else. clothing telemetry alone is pretty weird but idk why you'd tie it to a crypto currency

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if that's them getting rid of the insane overhead they had then it probably is good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

only fifteen percent of the population has what is considered to be complete adult literacy, functioning at the highest level on the tests used to make these measurements.

this sounds like bullshit

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

https://nces.ed.gov/pubs93/93275.pdf

data's from 2002, so it's likely that the numbers are a bit different now

but lol if you think americans have, as a whole, gotten smarter and better-read since 9/11

datas from 1992. republish date is 2002.

its probably still mostly viable but worth redoing

Shaggar fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 9, 2018

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
was goog claiming it was strange for a developer to checkout code?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol. jesus christ, its just facebook

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
cool

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

President Beep posted:

im sure letting the users decide which news sources are trustworthy and which aren’t will remedy this.

who else is gonna decide?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

also this is not a bad thing

yeah natural gas is still co2 output, but it's a lot less co2 per watt of output than coal was. and it doesn't belch millions of tons of horrible garbage into the air to poison human beings

natural gas energy production is cleaner in every way and a huge step forward in public health, even if it won't save us from rising seas

--

even the environmental damage from fracking is probably less than the cumulative damage from burning coal. you can belch toxic, radioactive garbage into the air, or you can keep it in surface ponds. either way, coal poisons the world.

natural gas can also be used in combined heat&power industrial setups for massive savings. fracking is real good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

like sure,maybe we can't create a low flow turbine that lasts more than 18 months in tidal seawater. that might just be part of the deal. hell we rebuild airplane engines every 1k hours.
but maybe if we had some concrete plants to drop mad seawalls and a decent turbine fab plant on this side of the pacific, a little bit nearer where we want to install them, it might still be feasible considering _the power you'll make is loving free with no emissions_

I think one of the issues is offshore wind is better, cheaper, and easier and we'd rather spend money there.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that would only work if everyone is going to the same place.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

SO DEMANDING posted:

for those who dgi, what fishmech posted was a screenshot of lotus notes

we finally ditched it for outlook last year. i unironically miss sametime, skype for business is utter loving trash.

yeah sametime is very good. use teams instead of s4b and use win10 mail instead of outlook

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

TerminalRaptor posted:

I got to learn yesterday that you can't perform "administrative" functions when screen sharing someone's machine in skype for bidness. by administrative I mean typing in sql studio. I mean, why would I want to use a "business" tool to help a cowoker?

ssms doesn't require admin

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

does win10 mail have feature parity with outlook?

it has all the features I want.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

expensive preschool/daycare is hardly new

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ham radio is irl mailing lists.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

been there, that mall sucks

if its the one by the airport then same. also tampa sucks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah I was there on business and the other business related place I went to was in jax which is a shithole

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nah they have no chance. their entire market is old people who cant use the internet and they're dying off

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its been going downhill since ios 4 or 5

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
whats linodes?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Internet Janitor posted:

wow, cars would be so much better if they involved a mandatory subscription to a remote driving service and they could transform overnight into useless hunks of metal and glass if i stopped paying the subscription or the company running the service folded

or am i being naive thinking that it will even be possible to own such a car outright rather than leasing it indefinitely at the whim of the manufacturer

mandatory subscriptions would just turn people off of the product. you want to get people in there and then upsell them on the sub. if the sub isn't worth it people weren't gonna buy your product when it was mandatory.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I'm cool w/ bicyclists being free to choose not to wear something that will save their lives

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ArmZ posted:

i laugh every time and then i feel bad every time

yeah its a bummer his car got pretty dinged up.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

GameCube posted:

the founder of g*mergate is a big fan of james damore, of course

whats g*mergate?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

i bought these bluetooth earphones a month ago and they're real good. amazingly good if you consider they're chinese discount models ($30) from a company called SOUNDPEATS

sound great, small, don't stick out of your head, comfortable, battery lasts like 8 hours of playback

way ergonomically better than dumboid earpods or sony's hearing aid thing and like a fifth the cost

if you want em: amazon "soundpeats q36"

i have the SOUNDPEATS q30 and they work great and the battery lasts way longer than it should. will it last as long in a few months? who knows but they were cheap as hell.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

fritz posted:

its a kind of ant which explains how ian miles cheong got involved with it

idgi

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its cool to have empirical evidence of Clinton's terrible campaign.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
her campaign was the most off-putting poo poo possible. it was embarrassing.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Trump ad: Clinton is an east coast liberal who thinks she knows better than you.
Clinton ad: Trump is such an IDIOT and so is anyone who votes for him! ACTUALLY, I am an east coast liberal who knows better than you and I deserve your vote.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

so you voted for trump huh

no you loving idiot, but so many people didn't vote for her because of her dogshit campaign and this narrative that somehow it was somehow facebooks fault is the saddest poo poo.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

sorry about your trashfire country, but the point was more to do with facebook, arguably one of the largest communications platforms loving with candidates and the process

it didn't at gently caress with the candidates at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
facebook didn't gently caress with the campaigns either.

what did happen was Clinton ran a dogshit campaign in which her ads were effectively more expensive because nobody wanted to click on them.