Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Well, if this game is more polished in September, think of how much more polished it will be after a year of patches!

Adnor posted:

Goddamnit. Even if I wanted to buy stuff in EGS (I don't) I literally cannot because they don't accept chilean debit cards.

drat, that sucks. Makes me feel petty for just passing on EGS so far since I don't want to have to bother with yet another content manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Demiurge4 posted:

Seems like Fig should be hitting back hard on this.

Didn't someone earlier in the thread say that Fig investors would still be getting their % of the exclusivity cash? If I had pledged money anticipating a return (rather than a game I personally wanted to play) I'd probably be awfully happy at this.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Coolguye posted:

the payment from epic to secure the exclusivity is not going to be shared with the fig investors to anyone's knowledge. they certainly didn't bring that up at the AMA and that would be one of the first things i'd talk about in this situation, rather than offering a 'full refund' if you just provide your banking information to this random shady third party!

That seems to contradict this post:

grrarg posted:

Fig has since posted that the money from Epic (and I guess Xbox gamepass?) will count towards the revenue split for investors with more details to come. Still a lovely thing for Gollup to do.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Steam isn't a monopoly to the consumer. They arguably are a monopoly for developers, since you really need your game on Steam (or a large exclusivity payment from another store) to have a chance at success in the market.

Consumers just stick with Steam because, as much poo poo as they get, they really are the most consumer friendly platform right now.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Coolguye posted:

honestly, when the game comes out i think i am gonna hunt down snapshot's mailing address so people can just mail them a check to 'purchase' the game before pirating it. as dumb as gollup is being about this i don't think it makes stealing ok, and i have been an xcom superfan since i was a tween so it's kind of a foregone conclusion that i will be playing this game.

so i'll just mail the studio a 30 dollar check (or whatever the release asking price is) and then go to pirate bay without a qualm.

I was already planning on waiting for release reactions before I buy (I love me some XCOM, but they really promised the sky and I remember Black and White). So this doesn't change much; I'll wait to see what people think, and if everyone's awestruck then I'll have to figure out if I want to install the Epic store or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Darkrenown posted:

That was part of the appeal to me, it made sense that the aliens had much better fighters and XCOM had to either really focus on that aspect or deal with the groundgame while the aliens ruled the skies. You mostly didn't have to shoot down UFOs, it was just a bonus if you did. I just wish they'd had Xenonauts option of just bombing the crash site instead of having to clear it to get rid of it.

I thought it was better than the Vanilla air game. It definitely had serious flaws, but I think they did well considering what they had to work with.

I also liked a lot about Long War 2. But again it had serious flaws, and that time they didn't really have a game with very limited modding capability as an excuse. So I didn't KS the game, but I am hopeful and will keep an eye on it.