Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Bad news: According to a bespectacled alien, the game's been delayed from Q4 2018 to "June 2019".
Iīm o.k with this since this is a title that I really want to have all the polish and love it can get before release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

C.M. Kruger posted:

Game is delayed until September because they want to polish things and do more testing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y31EVpv8jv8
Sounds good to me since this is one game I do not want to be rushed out.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Often Abbreviated posted:

He doesn't really play it anymore - he was on a bit of a kick for a few streams recently but it was the first time in a year or more. His Xcom game is his own cobbled-together XCOM 2 modset Operators Vs Aliens which strips out a lot of your high-end abilities and free actions and tries to focus the game more on tough firefights. The early few streams of that were full of terrible situations going way out of control and were some fun watches, though it too kind of stabilised in the mid-game. I think he's restarting it again shortly after beefing up the aliens.
Sometimes it feels like Beagle has gone of the deep end since he barely seems to enjoy what he does anymore. I tried to watch him play his own heavily modded XCOM2 game but it was tuned in such a ridiculous fashion that pretty much only Beagle would like it. Shame really, since I had a lot of fun watching Beagle play vanilla XCOM so many years ago.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, Return Fire really shouldnīt be an unlimited use ability.

I also discovered that I was a bit disappointed that you didnīt start as a rag tag bunch of fighters with torn clothing and kitbash equipment, such as you saw in the first gamplay presentation. Maybe itīs a weird thing to complain about but having your soldiers starting in full Spacemarine gear feels like you jumped a tech level or two from the start.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Gears Tactics looks like a pretty fun game but not for 70 goddamn Euro.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

BitBasher posted:

Project Zomboid is notorious for this kind of thing. The first time you play the you open with a wounded wife in bed, and a pillow is in the same room, if you "give her the pillow" ostensibly because you assume it will make her more comfortable instead you just outright smother her to death. It's horrific and amusing in equal quantities.
This manages to be both horrible and hilarious at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Alchenar posted:

Yeah the foundation of the game mechanics are all really good and it would be really interesting to see a team take all that and go in a very different direction with regards to content to the one that Gollop took the game in.
I'm still disappointed that we didn't start out as a bunch of scrappy survivors with cobbled together equipment as they showed in the first teaser trailers.