Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Fuzz posted:

What other game did he ruin? I hope you're not meaning this as a strike against XCOM2, which basically setup the timers specifically to counter Beagle's Overwatch creep style. Because XCOM2 even on default settings is awesome.

They also changed the overwatch trap settings because of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
No, if aliens see a guy out in the open some of them will just fire on him rather than moving to cover. Before they'd all run to cover. Beagle would intentionally leave a guy out of cover to cheese it.

Its actually a really lovely solution because the game wasn't designed for it, so every now and again in a campaign an alien will path into a guy and you'll probably lose him because of it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Shine posted:

The privacy concerns aside, Epic's software is loving garbage.

I still find it ridiculous how bare-bones it is. I don't know anyone who likes it as a storefront, its just a "thing that gives me free games but that's not taking me away from my several hundred steam game" collection.

Granted the free games are dece so whatever i guess.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
He's been angry for a pretty long time, yeah. I'm not sure what's up with him.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Its strange to think that the X-Com remake was so good that everything else is loving terrible in comparison. Gotta get them to do it again I guess.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I think the problem with xenonauts is mostly in "what the gently caress, reapers" and that terror missions are complete unabashed bullshit.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I couldn't get into battletech, its so unbelievably slow.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

dyzzy posted:

Heads up, apparently the hotfix released today also wipes your save data.

Bold of them to admit that playing another game is a better use of your time in such a prominent way.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

RBA Starblade posted:

It's kind of like how in XCOM 2 Bradford presumably recruits people by going to the nearest bar and shouting if anyone wants a gun, judging by all the hot pants and leather vests

I'm fairly sure this is canon.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, gears tactics reeks of "we can do better" and i kinda hope it gets a sequel, i know it won't though, sadly.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I like xenonauts. It's got a good feel to it.

Never completed it, but i like it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That's honestly not comforting. I'll be waiting for reviews before picking it up, textbook development hell timeline.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

They do dev updates on their forums here: https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/forum/11-development-updates/

You'd think these would get posted to their news feed on the main website, too, but ha, no, that hasn't been updated since November 2019 for some reason??

August's update:

I don't think we're expecting the game this year.

e: Xenonauts was great as an up-QOL'd X-COM remake, speaking as someone who never got into nuCOM.

Yeah I should have updated, i did find their monthly updates but i had to dig for them. They need a community manager or something.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah i really like xenonauts but i bounced off it a solid 3 or 4 times before getting the hang of it and getting into it.

I think the time i got into it was when a reaper tried to charge a police officer and the guy just shotgunned the poo poo out of it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
100% just gamepass it. By the second area you'll probably have experienced pretty much everything it has to offer.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Man I really enjoy all of the mechanics in Phoenix Point (Raiding, the aiming, etc). It's a shame its got no soul. I'm not invested at all.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Take most of the heavy armor off your big gun guys btw, it tanks their accuracy to the point of uselessness early on.

This is actually less of a big deal now the autocannon he starts with doesn't just fire once. Still not ideal, but its fun.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Darkrenown posted:

An air-adjacent thing I really like in Xenonauts is the ability to just bomb missions you don't want to deal with.

Absolutely. loving reaper mission at night or hang around for ages to get around to it? Nah son, burn in hell. I'll pick up the pieces later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Splicer posted:

The godawful festering skies integration is why I never played the game much. Will definitely grab this.

I saw all the reviews and just never grabbed it because of them.