Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

esperterra posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I like my cyberpunk to be trashy pulp so this show fired on all cylinders for me.

This: I need more noir in my life.

Although the cast was astoundingly pretty, for noir. I thought that Kovacs had good chemistry with both Ortega and Rei fwiw, to the extent that I do wonder if it was originally scripted for Rei to be a jealous lover not a jealous sister .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

IIRC, in the books, nobody showed how tough and serious they were by destroying stacks. Instead they’d kill you, grab the stack, and put you in virtual torture until you go crazy. Much nastier.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

Kovacs has some really entertaing plot points, but it’s a Randian vehicle first.

Just to clarify for anyone not familiar with the author, Richard K Morgan is a full on communist who decided to make his point through awesome sci fi premises.

For my money his best book is Market Forces, which is "What if investment banking, but for third world wars?" and weirdly captures the professional world really well.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

Taear posted:

What about that thing you get when an adopted child meets their biological parents and wants to gently caress them? I can't remember the name but I bet that'd happen a lot in this society.

I’ve not heard it about biological parents but I do remember a radio program years ago about siblings who aren’t raised together often being very attracted to each other.

IIRC the theory was that genetic similarities to you make people more attractive, but this is suppressed when you are raised together.

• Locked thread