Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Caganer posted:

I guess the fact that it’s the state and not individuals who “press charges” has been forgotten in our cyberpunk future.

(Yes it is this minor legal faction that punctured my suspension of disbelief)

Think they explain this in the book in that the people in the clinic were property, so the clinic not pressing charges means the cops can't do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, in book 2 Kovacs is super hosed up by rad poisoning and goes six kinds of apeshit on some mooks while in the hospital mobility suit they have him in.

Not to mention that the sleeve he was in was specifically made for high radiation areas, like humanity has found a way to slow down the ravages of nuclear weapons on the human form.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Over a span of centuries. In the books there's a few colony barges still going.

Even some that don't have the benefit of stacks, they left that long ago.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah the Envoys are not good people. They are government sanctioned psyop agents meant to get the job done no matter what. Everyone and everything is a tool for them to use.

Kovacs is not really meant to be a hero, he is just our guide in a universe that is redefining what it means to be human.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

And yet the show tried to turn them into Jedi

Yeah. :smith:

Second watch I fast forwarded through all the Quell scenes.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Which is kind of terrifying to think that they erased that much of their personalities that only the Envoy way of looking at things is left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

I read it as that common areas of failure in a normal human body were either replaced or enhanced in some way to make the sleeve far more durable. The recabled bit though does seem to be just jargon unless they added actual synthetic muscle fibers/tendons.

• Locked thread