Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
this show is real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Goofballs posted:

The message turns out to be the the super rich must die.

REAL good show.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I never read the book but this show was dope and had all the good poo poo I love, titties violence and transhumanism.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

one of my dumb theories was that the ghostwalker was actually a religious figure who could do legal religious conversions and was doing them before he topped people.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I'll admit I kinda wish STAK DETH wasn't such a common plot point. Sleeve death is supposed to be bad enough considering your average person can never afford a replacement as is functionally cadaverific once their sleeve dies anyhow. If anything sleeve death is more horrifying because your debt isn't forgiven just because you don't have a body or any way to pay your dues.

Its like getting sick in America.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Stack Death is important because they can't spin you up in a rented Sleeve ever again, you are truely and totally dead.

Its still bad Its arguably worse because you're reduced to a ghost who gets spun up for family dinner once a goddamn year at obscene expense to your living relatives in a body you don't recognize. You get all the joy of being dead with horrible periods of consciousness thrust onto you in which you have to put on a brave face despite the fact that every time you blink a year passes and your kids grow older and eventually wind up dead like you knowing that at some point you're gonna go down and never come back.

OR:

They give you a loner sleeve that might be an old woman, heroin addict, routine smoker what have you from their apparent pile of bodies they have lying around from cons and crimers and you are stuck with it till it breaks down and loops you back around to column A

Honestly If I was dying of a gunshot I'd beg them to finish the loving job.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 22, 2018

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Goofballs posted:

Luke Cage was mostly poo poo no matter how much anyone including me wanted to like it, seems like an unfair comparison. I get where you're coming from though, watching the show I was thinking where do all these fresh bodies keep coming from but it wasn't the focus so I let it go. Getting into the no doubt sleazy as gently caress economy would have been more interesting than jedi training in a forest somewhere.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Young Freud posted:

That's not right, you never seen Shatner's swinging dong.

Well actually... #metoo

Collateral posted:

I've been thinking about the opening scene in the "welcome back" hall with the girl who was killed. Do they only resleeve from criminal stock? I can't think of many 7 year olds being sent to jail, so there would never be any age appropriate sleeves for that girl. You would have thought the parents would have known this. Or that age appropriate clones would be made available in these unusual cases, especially considering it is a child.

Yeah criminals are the vast majority of 'free' sleeves (hence why they just sleeve crimers into whatever the gently caress bodies are on hand rather than their original) and clones are expensive as all loving get out even for meths. Its simply not feasible for underfunded government departments to bother with 'kid' sleeves. Plus lets not even touch on the horror show that likely permeates 'child sleeves' in the marketplace

Basically: ITS A DYSTOPIA, BABY

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Feb 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I interpreted that scene as “the little girl got shot and her original body died, the court ruled that it was a murder and gave her a sleeve, but they are poor so they gave her a menopausal woman instead of a little girl”

well yeah but the underlying reason is because poor people can't afford a decent replacement and the government is ludicrously unequipped to handle reparations.

• Locked thread