Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

zoux posted:

How well did you follow it? Any time I watch an adaptation of a book I've read I always feel like someone who hasn’t wouldn’t know what the hell is going on, but of course I'm coming to it with way more context.

I've only watched the first ep so far and it's gorgeous and seems to be a bang-on recreation of the first couple of chapters, even starting the series in the same place as the books. It's been a few years since I read it though so: was Ortega in the book and also the hotel, it had a different theme didn't it? Answer in spoilers please

Ortega was in the book and the hotel was Jimmi Hendrix. I assume they couldn't get permission to use him in this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread