Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I finished watching it a few days ago, and really enjoyed it. Haven't read the books so any translation errors aren't really going to bother me, but there's a few minor things I'm a bit confused by.

Why does it seem like you get murdered, you get put on mind prison? I understand getting a proper body costs you money but the way the show talked about it, if you got killed they stuck you in the same place Kovacs was.

Where the Stacks Kovacs and his lady friend had at the beginning the Envoy ones that were on display in the VR simulation place?

More spoilery It sounded like the terrible secret of Head in the Clouds was that no, the prostitutes were not being resleeved, they were actually dying. Maybe I misheard what was said, because what would the point be? The customers wouldn't know.

And Martha Higareda is insanely gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So Humans are on other worlds but they don't travel in ships, you needlecast to other sleeves, but humans would of had to on gone there on ships to set up the colonies?

I liked how they didn't bother showing Kovacs getting the Envoy disks from the VR place because clearly he just walked in and took them, and no one gave him any trouble.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Without knowing anything about the books, none of the changes really bothered me. Though stuff like Rei doing everything in her power to make Takashi hate her in some weird attempt to bring him to her side was just :psyduck:

Show wise, Quell being the one who invented stacks and her wanted to stop it because she had guilt from realizing that she had created a permanent caste system where the wealthiest could live for ever like gods on Olympus while everyone grubbed in the muck made sense from what we saw.

A season 2 I'd want to see more Noir detective cyberpunk stuff, but I personally would love for there to be exploration of the Aliens and their legacy, but as I said, personal desire. I just love aliens and stories about their legacies and humans kind of fumbling around with it.

Poe was awesome and I hope they bring him back.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man that sucks, because we'll probably get some dumb thing about Quell returning and a whole bunch of boring rear end poo poo about feelings rather than exploring cool sci fi concepts and titties.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Huh, guess either it will be a new character or Kovacs is going to get a new body.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's a solid Anime pedigree too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Prav posted:

he's also the guy who wrote ergo proxy though.

I thought Ergo Proxy was considered good?

• Locked thread