Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's pretty decent, at least will hold me over until the next season of The Expanse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Joi was a dream waifu

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The pilot episode had big helpings of tits, rear end and James Purefoy dick

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

If ever wanted to see James Purefoy naked in a Sci Fi setting you will enjoy this TV series.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Firstborn posted:

Purefoy hangs dong in almost everything he does

You can't blame him

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The series is sort of a mess especially near the end but all the things like the more unsettling stuff make up for it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao at all the pearl clutching articles crying about the violence and whitewashing in the show.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Book Scene X was better than in the TV Series.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BobMorane posted:

Overall an enjoyable if sometimes clumsy adaptation, but oooh boy was the last episode a steaming pile of poo poo. That loving katana duel, Lizzie ex Machina, BCPD riding to the rescue, that x-tra cheesy sequel hook, the entirety of tv-Rei and Quell really...

All the good stuff, bits of charaterization or entire scenes, are lifted straight from the novel. Every time the tv team decided to stretch its writing muscles it ends up sabotaging the rest of the show. OK, I'll give you Abuela über alles.
Still, it doesn't fill me with great confidence regarding eventual adaptations of the other two books if they keep departing from the base material.

it does pretty much run of the steam at the end but I still enjoyed the bleak setting & atmosphere of the show.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Syzygy Stardust posted:

The quality of TV IV posters is not high compared to goon norms.

the same people create thousand page threads dedicated to doing SMG analysis on cartoon series targeted at children

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Proteus Jones posted:

Don’t get me wrong. In general, despite ep 7 and other glaring flaws, I *liked* the show. It’s just there’s a lot of mis-steps and inexplicable changes that keep it from being truly great. Also, there’s frustration that because of this they’ve completely hosed themselves in making any kind of decent adaptation of the other two books.

Plus would be challenging since the rest of the books have a big tone shift to being military syfy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Caganer posted:

she is extremely hot

that and they bond through shared experience :shrug:

the altered carbon future sucks but at least there's still mexican chicks.....

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, the fact that someone on the creative team is huffing their own farts regarding the Quell Bad YA Novel stuff is not encouraging.

The part of the series that everyone liked the most!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

And yet the show tried to turn them into Jedi

Jedi were incels who didn't have any interest in sexy time or mexican chicks

• Locked thread