Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

Sorry I’ve never read the books nor the Wikipedia page so I have no idea about half of these terms/names and was just going by what I picked up from the show only. Not saying you’re wrong or anything, but this is what I pieced together from the show:

Kovacs was one of the “good guys” being trained since he was a kid for whatever reason. I keep saying “good guys” in quotes because honestly I have no idea what that group was called, but I think it was the same group of people that killed him at the beginning of the series. The dudes in the full body armor. They seemed like they were the military/enforcement arm of the recognized world government(s), thus I call them the “good guys.”

During the training scene in that forest I was under the impression that Kovacs revealed that he was one of those good guys, that opposed the group of terrorists/rebels that Kovacs ended up joining. He got lucky in that he wasn’t a VIP and didn’t get himself assassinated and sometime later he changed sides and joined in with the terrorists/rebels.

I have no idea what the terrorists/rebels are all about so I have no idea if if they are suppose to be good guys, like the Rebellion in Star Wars, or if they really are just terrorists.

If I’m wrong about that can someone point out where and why.

It sounds like you haven't finished it yet? All that stuff is shown eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Netflix commits to 2 seasons when they fund a show, sometimes they cancel the second if it flops but only rarely.

• Locked thread