Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
So no word yet on a renewal or if the leads are even coming back?

Really got into this show by episode 10, enjoyed the cast of characters. Finished this on Sunday and was far more upset by the death of Poe on this show than when they killed Coral on TWD last night...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

twistedmentat posted:

I finished watching it a few days ago, and really enjoyed it. Haven't read the books so any translation errors aren't really going to bother me, but there's a few minor things I'm a bit confused by.

Why does it seem like you get murdered, you get put on mind prison? I understand getting a proper body costs you money but the way the show talked about it, if you got killed they stuck you in the same place Kovacs was.

Where the Stacks Kovacs and his lady friend had at the beginning the Envoy ones that were on display in the VR simulation place?

More spoilery It sounded like the terrible secret of Head in the Clouds was that no, the prostitutes were not being resleeved, they were actually dying. Maybe I misheard what was said, because what would the point be? The customers wouldn't know.

And Martha Higareda is insanely gorgeous.

I think you are correct. My take on HitC was that the rich guys knew they were killing someone who had been illegally recoded Neo-C. So the prostitutes are compliant, because they think they will get a new sleeve, but what the rich people are really paying for is snuffing out a life that will not come back. A murder in the "classic" sense.

Still no word on a S2?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

comedyblissoption posted:

the artificial enforced 100 year lifespan also seems especially ridiculous when you consider people live over 100 years old now lol

it really does make quell seem like an insane luddite hippy instead of a revolutionary

it's really bad writing

Yeah that was nutso to me: why not 1000 or at least 200 or something? :confused: And her radical Luddite opinions were kind of undermined by her people being the most techsavvy of the technopeoples.

I'd still like a second season...

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Torquemada posted:

One of the production team said something like “We’re so glad everyone enjoyed the awesome lobe story of Quell and Kovacs, because that’s what the second season will be about” in an interview.

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

i'll still watch at least 2 eps

Also, are Envoys like a UN specops thing? Because the show made it seem like only Quell's people were Envoys and they were terrorists who all got stacked during the rebellion.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Young Freud posted:

Poe's also a change from the books, probably one of the better ones, because the original A.I. was modelled after Jimmy Hendrix and doesn't actually do a whole lot.

Poe was probably my favorite character on the show.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

twistedmentat posted:

Huh, guess either it will be a new character or Kovacs is going to get a new body.

I'm guessing same character with a new sleeve, since they talked about ~shipping kovacs and quellchrist~, but it'd be cool if they just blew all that up and made it about some new badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

DropsySufferer posted:

Are the books worth reading? The show was ok... the premise is amazing but too much time was wasted on the cop drama stuff. Do the books focus more on the big picture and the setting itself?

Haven't read the books, but it sounds like they would be much more up your alley.

• Locked thread