Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The work IT guy that's working on my laptop remotely keeps typing messages in notepad rather than skype. weird.

e: and is a horrible typist.

Tide fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm not sure what my "lifetime" total is. Currently own about 800bhp.

Less if it needs to be on the road to qualify!

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

The Door Frame posted:

I think ~500bhp is the combined power of every car I've ever owned

I think the number of cars you've owned is a lot more important in creating that stat than the amount of HP of any individual car.

215, 140, 132, 142, 164, 350, 268, 245, 220, 320 = 2196

The Prong Song fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 28, 2018

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I have owned maybe 375hp

Saturn was around 275hp when I had it dyno’d a long time ago and my Aveo was probably 90-100

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

405 for me lol

2001 9-5: 185
2004 9-5 Arc: 220

Granted there's no way the 2001 was actually making that.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Tide posted:

The work IT guy that's working on my laptop remotely keeps typing messages in notepad rather than skype. weird.

e: and is a horrible typist.
Notepad is super fast and doesn't record. Type, go. Great for fast and simple notes. Also no stupid formatting bullshit if you need to copy/paste passwords, unlike Skype.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
we're not discussing anything that would be 'bad' to record. just routine conversation about what the laptop is doing (or in this case, isn't doing).

dunno. maybe he's using it to record notes for later use on his side.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Tide posted:

we're not discussing anything that would be 'bad' to record. just routine conversation about what the laptop is doing (or in this case, isn't doing).

dunno. maybe he's using it to record notes for later use on his side.

He's got your window full-screen and he would either have to type into your Skype chat with himself (which can be a no-no with some offices/companies) or he's got to exit his cursor from your system, minimize/downsize the remote window to your system, open his Skype, type his message, maximize the window to your system, re-capture his cursor, and then wait for you to type the reply (which he would see in real time) as you typed it. It's a bit annoying/idiotic and a simple wordpad doc is easier. I've done it lots of times.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

epic bird guy posted:

Is this another case of Texas rent laws being weird? Pretty sure where I'm at flooring stuff is almost always considered standard wear and tear and doesn't come out of the deposit.

I've been told by a former apt complex that they consider carpet to have a life of 4 years, but they used somewhat better carpet than where I'm at now (after 3 years it showed traffic area wear and had some stains, but no outright damage - they told me they'd be replacing it, but wouldn't charge me for it as they considered it to be close to the end of its usable life).

They definitely change it between tenants here, but the place I'm at is shady enough that I wouldn't put it past them to try to charge me for the carpet when I move out. They did a terrible job putting the carpet in (you can tell they just pieced it together from scraps, and all of the seams are very visible), and it's pretty heavily worn already after only a year and a half.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Lesse:
Black 4KQ: 175
White 4KQ: 285
90q: 225
5KQ: 160
TDI: 110

955? Just in cars I currently own.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

Poor bastard. Will you be driving at all?

Not that I know of. Pretty sure it's all cabbing it, or it's just that close to the hotel were booked at.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
543 across 5 cars. Most powerful being the mighty 3.0 V6 Vulcan in my Windstar producing an earth-shattering 140hp

One of these days I'll go fast in my own car...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iwentdoodie posted:

Not that I know of. Pretty sure it's all cabbing it, or it's just that close to the hotel were booked at.

Our infrastructure has fallen apart to a point where it would take an insane amount of money just to get it back to "driveable." Bring a helmet, you're going to bounce off the roof of that cab.

CHECK DIS OUT

http://maps.indy.gov/IndyPotholeViewer/

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Lifetime HP total of ~1050

Nova - 200 (307 sbc)
T-bird - 205 (4.6L)
Mustang - 260 (4.6L)
2nd Nova - ~200 (350 sbc choked out by 307 fuel delivery)
Mazda - 185 (2.5L)

GM says those Targetmaster 350s are good for like 260hp with headers and a 4bbl. Mine's got the fuel pump and 2bbl off the 307 it originally came with :saddowns:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

Our infrastructure has fallen apart to a point where it would take an insane amount of money just to get it back to "driveable." Bring a helmet, you're going to bounce off the roof of that cab.

CHECK DIS OUT

http://maps.indy.gov/IndyPotholeViewer/

I'm guessing you live close :v:

Any bar or food recs?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

I'm so spoiled living in the Phoenix area all my life. I had no idea how good our roads are until I started driving into California on a regular basis...

Edit: I've owned far too many cars, I'm not even going to try to figure out how much power each of them had and add them all up. Lots!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm guessing you live close :v:

Any bar or food recs?

I'm 2 hours northeast in Fort Wayne. I have a deep seated hatred of Indy as a city so I can't really point you towards any current highlights.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Cellular Suicide posted:

Welp, I’m moving to California. I’ll give notice on Friday and start exactly a month later, hoping that two weeks off with a relocation service is enough to get slightly settled.

Nerves and excitement and nerves and excitement. I love swinging between “gently caress yeah” and “what am I thinking” every 15 seconds.

Congrats. I almost posted something on the topic when you brought it up, but got too busy, so here it is now.

One of my buddies followed my lead and moved to LA after college, he's quadrupled his earning potential/salary since coming here in 2005, found a series of great jobs and a great woman and bought a nice house with a sweet in-ground pool. He loves it here, has made a bunch of interesting new friends but still enjoys the old friends and family he gets treated like a returning hero by when he visits back home to Boston once or twice a year (I enjoy the same perks when I visit my home town.)

Correlation may not equate to causation, but he also posts on SA.

Another of my friends was urged significantly more by me/given the opportunity (my wife's father offered to bankroll his move) to come out after college but chose to stay in Chicago with his high-school friends (not that there's anything wrong with that.) He's still single and sharing an apartment with the same guys he lived with in 1998 because they never go do anything but hang out with the same group of dude-bros (not that there's anything wrong with that), and he makes $7k more than he did in 2005 doing essentially the same uninteresting job (there IS something wrong with that) despite having inarguably better skills than Friend A does in the world of sales & schmoozing, which they're both in. He has often expressed regret to me that he didn't take the plunge when he was still in his mid 20's and more able to take risks.

He does not post on SA.

Good luck with the new job, good luck with the move. Congrats again for taking a chance!

BigPaddy posted:

I have one for my Challenger to limit the power to only 300bhp. Hellcats have one that sets the power to about 500bhp from the claimed 707.

You can get the E92 M3 (and presumably newer ones too) coded to only rev to 3k on the valet key which is considerably less fun than just limiting to 300hp. Like someone else said, that's still plenty for the valet to have entirely too good a time with.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

'78 Fiat 128 1.3L Sedan: 62 HP (ah hahahaha - I never realized it was that little. No wonder 60 MPH was top speed.)
'68 El Camino 327/PG: 250 HP (pretty sure it wasn't the hi-perf 327)
'78 Chevy Monza 3.2L V6: 90 HP (wow.)
'70 Cutlass: 310 HP (factory (gross) rating. Now has a cam, intake, and headers.
'81 Buick Regal 3.8L V6: 110 HP.
'79 Mazda RX-7: 104 HP factory rated. Dyno said 100 HP at the rear wheels, before I wore out the side seals. Right now it has approximately 0 HP. If I could get it started, it's probably got 50.
'90 RX-7: 160 HP when new. Dyno said... less than that.
1995 Jeep Cherokee 2.5L: 130 HP
2005 Ford Crown Victoria P71: 250 HP
1984 Toyota Corolla Sport Coupe SR5 (AE86, 4A-C engine): 87 HP (!)

Total: 1553 HP, boyo. When they were all new, none of which were when I got a hold of them.

This is just vehicles I drove. Not counting all the parts cars, mainly because they generally don't run, or my wife's dailies.

Oh, poo poo, forgot my '80 Suzuki GS450L! Tack on another ground stomping 44 HP.
Half the power of the Corolla, but weighs less than a quarter of it.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Can I count all of the non-running RX-7s I have? Because I know I'm well above a thousand horsepower of dorito fury!

(spread across a dozenish 1st gen RX-7s)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

mekilljoydammit posted:

Can I count all of the non-running RX-7s I have? Because I know I'm well above a thousand horsepower of dorito fury!

No.
Otherwise I'd have to add 550+ HP to my total (4 FBs and an S4 FC). Oh, guess I'd have to add the '71 Cutlass, too. 275-280 HP (I think. '71 Olds 350, SAE net)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Lifetime HP total of ~1050

Nova - 200 (307 sbc)
T-bird - 205 (4.6L)
Mustang - 260 (4.6L)
2nd Nova - ~200 (350 sbc choked out by 307 fuel delivery)
Mazda - 185 (2.5L)

GM says those Targetmaster 350s are good for like 260hp with headers and a 4bbl. Mine's got the fuel pump and 2bbl off the 307 it originally came with :saddowns:

1980 f150 (351M) 138 hp
88 accord lxi 122 hp
88 accord dx 98 hp
96 civic ex 127 hp
91 integra ls 130 hp
95 civic ex 125 hp
01 accord lx 150 hp
99 altima 150 hp
06 ion 140hp

Lifetime total of 1180 hp.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I want to participate in this contest but I can’t remember all the cars I have had insured, registered and daily driven. I was using an ID verification service yesterday and it reminded me I once owned a geo storm gsi.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I've owned my more than my fair share of 3800 v6 engines

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah I'm old and have had automotive ADD since my first car, so I would probably crush all of you in total HP but i can't even begin to remember all of them, and if I did it would take me all day to look up the rated HP of each one :v:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

mekilljoydammit posted:

And still in the double digits for torkes.

:)

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Challenger Scat Pack 485bhp
Silverado 1500 355bhp
VW Tiguan 205bhp

That is the current stable.

Also I finally got the Challenger registered in New Hampshire and was able to take it out today. Suffice to say it is a little more pokey than the truck.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Don't let go, Jack.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Posting in the tax free haven of the February thread!

Awe yeah.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

POSTING.... FROM THE FUTURE...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah I'm old and have had automotive ADD since my first car, so I would probably crush all of you in total HP

I started with a 430ci Buick and have had a slew of cars since then... I'd caution against making such a reckless statement. :v:

However, I, too, lack :effort:

• Locked thread