Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
This one's better cause I saw it first. Thanks to rhyno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

Which at the urging and advice of AI, I have worked very hard to cut out of my life.

The fact that it took this forum is something if an issue in and of itself :v: but I'm happy for you either way.

And have popcorn at the ready.

Edit: also why the gently caress are Fiesta STs so cheap now? Dealer by me has 2 left over 17s for under 17k, both loaded but no recaros or sunroof. I'm so, so tempted.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

nm posted:

Have you tried one without the recaros? I fit in those and am bigger than you.

Yeah, I'm 6' and hefty as gently caress (250 now oh god I was 220 in november) and with cloth seats I fit fine. The recaros I can fit....but oh god it's not comfy.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Elmnt80 posted:

I don't get this. I'm around 5' 8" 375lbs and can squeeze myself into a regular car type recaro seats (sport seats in a series 2 rx8 and whatever the option was on the brz) and be comfortable for an couple hours before it pinches my hips too much. Hell, I stopped by the local mazda dealership to see if I could fit in a new miata. I fit side to side well enough, but somehow I'm ~3 inches too tall (or my rear end is too big and pushes me taller). Granted, I didn't try adjusting the seat.

I know I'm generally smaller then other dudes the same weight as me but somehow I magically fit in stuff I shouldn't. :v:

I physically fit in them, and could do short distances or a race or something. It's not the fat part that hurts, it's the fact that they legit dig the gently caress in at my hips, and my shoulders have no freedom to move.

I've fit in other Recaros just fine, but for some reason the FiST and FoST seats are misery. One of my friends is 6'4 and maybe 165, and he has the same complaint out of them.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ilkhan posted:

I'm debating on the mark II or a Ruger American rimfire as a bolt gun host.

I'm also amazed this hasn't degenerated into politics chat. 😀

It's almost as if the mod is biased one way or the other :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Adiabatic posted:

Alright, so I've been doing some thinking on this whole ban politics thing. It hasn't much felt right and in-line with how I want to run AI, and truth be told I got the idea from TFR anyways. I should be here to wipe up assholes and trolls, and that's about it.

Since it's been invoked it's caused way more drama than it's helped abate, and that's the opposite of what I wanted.

I trust y'all to talk about anything, and to be civil about it. Anyone threatening anyone else, or getting way too upset and villifying another person for their views, will still get what's coming to them. But we're all adults here at this point and I trust that y'all can handle it.

Thanks for being cool about it, friends.

Be Chill To One Another [especially about politics]

I'm so claiming credit for this

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

InitialDave posted:

Do you think we can discuss UK politics without any of them understanding noticing?

Does anyone understand UK politics? Cause it sure seems like the politicians don't

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Yeah that's everywhere in general.

Went and drove that ST today. Currently trying to justify its purchase to the wife.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Door Frame posted:

So who's excited for the Super Bowl? I hate sports myself

I use superb owl Sunday as an excuse to make chicken wings and whatever else sounds good and eat until I am sick.

Now, NHL playoffs? Every game is an event for me.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Time for me to throw out the TV remote so that poo poo isnt put on in the office

I'm going to see if I can get to a game while I'm in Canada in March. I barely understand whats going on but hey, apparently you dont need to be drunk to have a good time

Hockey live is awesome. It and baseball are the only two NA sports that are actually better live. If you have a bare grasp on, say, soccer then you won't have much of an issue.

Even if you don't, the atmosphere is great and watching giant dudes go faster than they have any right to while also slamming into people and moving a tiny object in the blink of an eye is loving amazing.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Door Frame posted:

PS4 let's you skip updates

Sometimes. First install it still wants you to do it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Wife asked me to go out with her and some friends last night.

Why is it if I go out by myself, the next morning I feel fine...but the second it's with her friends the next morning I feel like I got hit by a loving truck?

Time for an adderall and a red bull.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

IOwnCalculus posted:

I mean parts to replace the whole heater, not repair it. My original plan was to shotgun two new elements and a thermostat at it for $45ish but as soon as I got the upper cover off I saw a trail of rusty water. The tank was done.

Also water heaters out here are generally easy to access. They've been in the garage in every house I've been in for any length of time. It only was a pain in the dick for me because I have my workbench and a bunch of storage boxing the drat thing in.

Ours in CA was in the laundry room and was a pain in the loving dick. And the unit itself was a piece of poo poo with tons of recalls, so every 3 months or so you had to put a new burner and everything in it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Cuban sandwiches have cuban bread lol.

And if it doesn't still have pieces of palm leaf stuck to it, it's not cuban bread.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Well, tonight loving sucked.

So now tomorrow I'm gonna drive two hours to go watch world of outlaws. I need some race gas fumes in my life.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

I bought a cookbook from a local Cuban restaurant, we make our own now :smug:

Still get Cuban sammiches quite often tho, one of the best rated places is right on the beach where i work, best Cuban bread ever.

Which track, Eastbay Raceway in Tampa?

Nah, heading up to Volusia Speedway outside of Daytona. This weekend is WoO sprints, WoO late models, big block modifieds and like 4 other classes.

Outlaws are running 12.7 laps :getin:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Oh man it feels good to be at the track.

People can poo poo talk ovals all they want, there's NOTHING that compares to sprint cars.

On the dog side, we are going tomorrow to check on a dog that we might get. She a walker hound like our current dog, 1.5 years old, house and crate trained. Older couple that's having to rehome due to illness :(

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Wish I was closer, I'd probably be there too.

No Outlaw racing anywhere near tampa :(

Not true outlaws, but they run winged 410s at bubba in Ocala. That's a little closer.

It was so worth the 2 hour drive to go watch. That sound when 20+ of them wind up out of turn 4 is just loving beautiful.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Elephanthead posted:

Doesn't the honda get double the mpg of the subie, plus the subie will poo poo the bed a lot more often.

Yeah, I'd be much happier with the Honda than the Subaru. Much better mileage, interior and build quality.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Edit:^^^you could probably say the same about our escape...but after pulling a 3500lb trailer literally from coast to coast, twice, I can't bitch about it. poo poo, it even pulled our dakota to the dirt track once.

Went and looked at that dog yesterday.

Should pick her up in about 3 weeks and I'm so excited. 1.5 year old walker coonhound. She was rehomed once, because the family had a baby and she knocked it over once.

So this guy got it, but he's in stage 4 renal failure and his wife has leukemia. So he just wants her to go to a good home.

Poor pup is so goddamn loveable and sweet natured.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

InitialDave posted:

Oh, for gently caress's sake. Some people...

Yeah.

When I was a kid, I got knocked over by our dog all the time. Because it was big and I had no balance. Eventually the dog learns not to bowl over little human, and little human learns not to stand where it will get bowled over.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yeah but these days there's too many stupid people breeding so they take the easy way out of solving problems rather than y'know, parenting their kids properly.

I'm all for kids getting ruined by overly playful dogs, makes for great youtube videos. :v:

The sad thing is that also goes the same for dogs :(

Wife really wanted a puppy, but I'm much happier getting the slightly older dog that needs a home.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, being on my own and working full time, I don't think it'd be fair on an active young dog to sit around at home all day and be bored.

I can see an older dog that just wants to sleep a lot being fine with it though.

Thankfully we have our other dog, and also 3 rescue cats, so they're always in company.

I just don't feel like dealing with the house breaking and all that poo poo again.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

KakerMix posted:

Really though it is this, there are thousands of these things out there and they are still decent looking enough.

Truly you guys need to import some Crown wagons, 1JZ Toyotas with asses that don't quit. I'm still searching for anyone else in the USA with one but haven't found any at all, anywhere. A hearse is floating around but that doesn't really count.

I've seen 2 in Tampa on the past 6 weeks. I k ow you're also in FL, but they are here.

I saw a bunch in CA, but who knows if those were even legal imports to begin with.

Also, as far as running costs, darchangel...are you wanting to REPLACE a vehicle, or supplement for occasional use? Sorry if I missed it, but that can also make a huge difference.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

KakerMix posted:

Tampa is just an hour north too! I'd really like to see more of them around that aren't the sedans 'cause wagons are superior. Shame the Royal Saloon G never came in the wagon body.
I get why people are turned off with the idea of driving a RHD import but the Crown is so good you guys, so good.

You have no idea how bad I wanna come down to drive it and see all your other cars.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Edit: ^^^you know, as I was driving through Orlando Saturday night I really thought about posting and dragging your sad brains rear end to the track with me.

KakerMix posted:

:getin:

In March I'll get the Land Crusier, the Prado and the Lite Ace too. By that time I'll be a real-deal used car salesman and everything.

Lexus does the whole ownership thing so, so right. Their dealership experience, this free Lexus history check thing. It is uniornically a very nice pleasure to Lexus it up despite it being cool to hate them.

So....march meet up for st Pete gp? :getin:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

Laffo, I would have been unavailable. Spent all morning/afternoon badly launching rockets in Bunnel. Got home and showered, then collapsed into a hyper-nap before doing D&D with buddies online.

Plus I mean what can I do with a stock Crown VIc at a drag strip that there's not 479,000,000 youtube videos of already.

Nah, it was up in Barberville area for world of outlaws at the dirt track. Might be going back this coming weekend also. But you legit did cross my mind as I headed out.

If it's something you'd be interested in, we should talk.

Also about the online D&D :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ether Frenzy posted:

Fact: The only car actually worth owning is the E9x M3.

That's a funny looking 4 and 6

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Tuesday is a day. Another full day of training on my new toy at work.

Made the mistake of taking an adderall yesterday thinking I'd need it, since it was likely to be a stressful day. Instead I got it all easy as poo poo, and went home with that poo poo still running wild.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Mr-Spain posted:

Where can I recycle gas? I've got about 15-20 gallons i need to get rid of and refresh before next hurricane season.

Burn pile. Duh.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Mr-Spain posted:

Wish I had one!

Good call on hazmat.

My in laws have a big rear end one, so it's never a concern.

poo poo, they're still burning hurricane left over damage.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Yeah, that's exactly what you do.

Get yours while you can, and do your best not to burn a bridge. But in the end? gently caress em, do what works for YOU.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ilkhan posted:

You do realize I think trade jobs are respectable and more people should consider them or we're gonna be hosed in 10 years when we have a surplus of people who can write executive summaries but can't fix a faucet, right? Also I don't have a degree and wear jeans to work every day. Also I've never read Ayn Rand.

But thanks for putting words into my mouth.

I'm not gonna commit a personal attack, because that's how we lose the privilege of being able to actually mention politics...but that's 100% how you come off, intended or not.

I disagree with you whole heartedly on a multitude if things, but giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're a cool dude either way. It's a perception thing.

Switching topics.

After talking to all these old dudes, and given the time that I'm willing to go out, my social circle consists of old dudes...goddamn I want to start a podcast that is just bullshitting with those guys.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Edit: ^^poo poo, I was in the military and I agree 100% with his statement. But at the same time, ACAB until there are some big loving changes.

Days like today I really wish I could code, because goddamn I could fix some simple rear end issues.

One department uses a timesheet that populates an access database. The issue is the guy that created it 18 months ago is no longer here, and he created it as a .xsn file. Which means as soon as the systems updated to office 16, we lost functionality for that format.

So now time sheets are having to be emailed, and the data entered manually into the database, until I can find a better solution.

gently caress.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
It's not an insult to your sister, but it is a legit gripe about chiropractors. It's not science, or even definitively proven to be useful. At being most generous, it doesn't actively harm people. At worst it's a scam used to bilk people out of money for what amounts to a physical sugar pill and sometimes kill them.

gently caress me man now you got me agreeing with CT, who is quite literally the old man who yells at clouds.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Darchangel posted:

I don't know how to say anything that doesn't sound like "not all men", but my sis doesn't typically spend $100K and 4 years getting a doctorate for something that's bullshit. As I said, she fixes spinal and joint issues, not curing diseases and other quackery, so I don't know what to tell you about your bad experiences with chiropractors other than "don't go to bad doctors."

Yeah, but it just keeps coming up, like it's a favorite, easy target, and, frankly, it's personal to me. Sadly, there are a lot of bad doctors out there, and it seems like a high percentage of them are chiropractors. I can only point to my sister's successful practice and happy patients, really. She's definitely more successful than me at my computer janitor career.
I'm not, like, seething with anger. It just upsets me when someone glibly condemns an entire profession. I mean, if I said all lawyers were backstabbing lying thieves, or all mechanics were con-artists fleecing the mechanically challenged, how would that fly?
OK, I'll let it go.

But...they aren't doctors. In any sense of the word, unless you're also including a witch doctor or naturopath in the same vein.

The whole thing was literally founded by a dude who practiced healing with magnets, then made a magical claim that was never backed up, and then his son ran him over to try and steal it.

Yes there are ones, like your sister, that are good people who are trying to help. But as a whole it IS quackery that isn't medicine, and they aren't doctors. Lower back pain is about the only thing that they've shown a legit response for, and even that is in such a small population of the test groups that it's basically background noise.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/reference/chiropractic/

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

KakerMix posted:

We can talk about homeopathy next if you guys want :v:

Ooooo how about naturopathy and how Britt Hermes is getting hosed royally

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I have a ruptured disc and a herniated disc on my back. Physical therapy, hanging, and float tanks help.

My wife, who believes wholeheartedly in chiro no matter evidence comes up, convinced me to go to one. I couldn't walk for 3 loving days.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Edit: ^^^^ And the closest thing to a chiro would likely be an osteopathic doctor, who, again, is a real doctor.

CommieGIR posted:

I love some good smelling stuff, for sure. Unfortunately, the wife and my son are super sensitive to smells, so I can't burn heavy stuff like that. I found a mild Pine smell that they approve of, however.

Pine and Cinnamon are my two favorite oil burner smells.

My wife threatened to divorce me because I found a leather smell (I think it was a scentsy thing) called weathered leather, and I kept switching it in when she wasn't home :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, but people with a Phd are doctors. Dr is their title. It should be used in place of Mr/Mrs/Miss, and I would use it as such, just as I would not refer to a surgeon by that title.

Whether medical or not, I would call Dr John Smith "Dr Smith" or "John" depending on circumstance.

Phrasing.

I'm not calling anyone doctor outside of a class unless they're an MD. Maybe it's a Britain/US thing with that.

Here, if you have a PhD but aren't an actual medical doctor, asking to get called Dr outside of an academic environ is a quick way to be seen and known as a douche.

• Locked thread