Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Olive! posted:

So are the parts of Titanfall 2 where you're actually in a Titan generally agreed to be the worst parts, or am I the outlier here?

They're merely serviceable run and gun segments in a game that has press F to time travel.

Actually the more accurate analogy is that they're like playing overwatch during Titanfall 2.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordja posted:

Are you using the Mektek release? I'm pretty sure that works out of box, actually. http://www.moddb.com/games/mechwarrior-4-mercenaries/downloads/mw4-mercs-mektek

I did, but I had to gently caress around with a bunch of options to finally settle for disabling intro videos and auto-config. Game is still rad, I love running and fine-tuning my own giant robot mercenary outfit.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

chumbler posted:

They're merely serviceable run and gun segments in a game that has press F to time travel.

Actually the more accurate analogy is that they're like playing overwatch during Titanfall 2.

As if I needed more reason to not play Overwatch

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its too bad that in mp titans are this very consequential thing that you're really excited to call in, but in sp its like "oh its another one of these parts". BT is my friend, though

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

its too bad that in mp titans are this very consequential thing that you're really excited to call in, but in sp its like "oh its another one of these parts". BT is my friend, though

BT is my dad

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
What hoops do I have to jump through to be able to buy Titanfall 2 from Amazon.com? I don't think I can buy it with my German account right?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Hopper posted:

What hoops do I have to jump through to be able to buy Titanfall 2 from Amazon.com? I don't think I can buy it with my German account right?

Everything on sale seems to be available from Origin directly for the same price so try the actual storefront.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
13.33€ for me here on origin.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's on sale for $5 on Origin too, I got it through there. Definitely fun so far.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

My name is ori

your mom is Ori

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

In Training posted:

Being able to enter a relationship with Your teach is by far the lamest part of P5 to me and it double sucks that mechanically she's like the best social link in the game

judge: you're on trial for sleeping with your student. what is your defense
teacher: his s-link bonus was friggin unreal

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
everyone else: the clouds are bad
me: i'm finished with celeste

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

those blocks are just clouds that also work from the side so yeah

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

celeste is probably cool but holy moly could they not afford like just one more handful of pixels to make things a little more readable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tonight I storm the castle Doma...wish me luck gamers, the viceroy's defenses are strong.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

Tonight I storm the castle Doma...wish me luck gamers, the viceroy's defenses are strong.
rip and tear imo

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

In Training posted:

wait why are you attacking doma? is the ff6 part of 14 really grimdark and you play as the empire or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

wait why are you attacking doma? is the ff6 part of 14 really grimdark and you play as the empire or something

Rebels seizing Doma from imperial occupation

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I never mind titans because tone has the best sound effect in video games.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

did you like the azim steppe? between bardam's mettle and the big musou solo instance (next to The Bridge of the High Rule Warriors lol) i think its a pretty good zone

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

celeste is probably cool but holy moly could they not afford like just one more handful of pixels to make things a little more readable

There have been so many retro indie games that we've almost used up all the pixels

Nintendo has the right idea making their games out of wool/clay/cardboard

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can't believe I have my windows open and fan on in loving February.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

did you like the azim steppe? between bardam's mettle and the big musou solo instance (next to The Bridge of the High Rule Warriors lol) i think its a pretty good zone

pretty much everything from arriving in kugane until now has been my favorite stuff in XIV, especially the naadam and goofy poo poo like sniping sheep with sleep darts and doing the bardam fake ddr boss battle

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the loving gently caress is this release window for Metal Gear Survive on Steam.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Taintrunner posted:

What the loving gently caress is this release window for Metal Gear Survive on Steam.

They removed the game's store page from Steam after delaying it for an extra 24 hours. Looks like they probably made a mistake and are trying to fix it, but who knows actually when it'll go up https://twitter.com/Konami/status/966469677076561920

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FauxLeather posted:

Looks like they probably made a mistake

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Internet Kraken posted:

I can't believe I have my windows open and fan on in loving February.

same but i do this even when it's below freezing

i like fresh air, what can i say? :v:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/966336555085455360

I didn't know MMOs could have Bad Endings :(

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

pretty much everything from arriving in kugane until now has been my favorite stuff in XIV, especially the naadam and goofy poo poo like sniping sheep with sleep darts and doing the bardam fake ddr boss battle

The cutscene before doma castle with the Au Ras trying to outdo themselves as they do cool poo poo in the sky is dope as hell.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The Azim Steppe subplot falls apart if you think about it too hard but everything you do in it is so fun that I can't say I really care. That's a good summary of the Stormblood plot overall I think. Full of plotholes and things that don't make sense but you don't care because all the individual pieces are great.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If there isn't a Bardam's Mettle (Hard) someday where the three bosses are the three named Au Ra clan leaders I will be quite upset

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

If there isn't a Bardam's Mettle (Hard) someday where the three bosses are the three named Au Ra clan leaders I will be quite upset
and I hope there's not a single actual fight in the place and its just a bunch of puzzles, but this time randomized so you can't sleepwalk though it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

The Azim Steppe subplot falls apart if you think about it too hard but everything you do in it is so fun that I can't say I really care. That's a good summary of the Stormblood plot overall I think. Full of plotholes and things that don't make sense but you don't care because all the individual pieces are great.

That's the entire game bc they're trying to stretch a conventional video game narrative to fit hundreds of hours of MMO design so it just becomes insanely boring for the most part. But when you just focus on a zone with a cool aesthetic, everything can come together for a good time

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

In Training posted:

That's the entire game bc they're trying to stretch a conventional video game narrative to fit hundreds of hours of MMO design so it just becomes insanely boring for the most part. But when you just focus on a zone with a cool aesthetic, everything can come together for a good time

You caught me. I cutscene skipped through ARR (no regrets) and Heavensward (plentiful regrets). Somewhere around 3.4 I decided I was being a big dumb idiot and started actually reading the MSQ.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

oddium posted:

I hate the character sprite and the lack of hand drawn animation for her.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I can see why that game is so popular, but the art style seems weirdly inconsistent for no reason I can discern.

If you're gonna do pixel art then make everything be pixel art, imo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Digirat posted:

I can see why that game is so popular, but the art style seems weirdly inconsistent for no reason I can discern.

If you're gonna do pixel art then make everything be pixel art, imo

the only things that aren't pixel art are mainly divorced from the parts that are

it would bug me more if there was a huge stark difference but it's just menus, text boxes and the level select

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you're right and it drives me nuts

• Locked thread