Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Barry is literally the only thing I know about TMS#FE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
TMS is really weird because it feels like the developer had this cool idea for a Persona game with idols but then the FE crossover project was dumped on him so he just put the bare minimum amount of FE into it to satisfy Nintendo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The FE character selection was really weird too though not nearly as bad as in Warriors

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

But if you play fates birthright, you get to meet weed archer, the archer who probably smokes weed.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
TMS#FE is good and I will rebuy it on Switch and replay it for 85 hours and maybe beat it this time.

Also lol at Colin Moriarty saying the liberal cabal has no power, how's Kinda Funny working out for you bro?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Admittedly I've only played a couple of fire emblem games and never completed any of them but I always found the characters in the shining force games to be more memorable. There are only a couple of fire emblem characters I can recall off the top of my head but with shining force, which I've also only ever played a few of and never completed any of them, I think the characters stuck with me a bit more.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the only good fire emblem characters are the ones that are goth, emo or kind of insane

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

the only good fire emblem characters are the ones that are goth, emo or kind of insane

Lyn is not any of those, so clearly you are wrong.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i remember the fire emblem casts way more but the awakening and fates casts arent great.

fe9 has the best cast of any fire emblem game imo.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

my thumb is a lot more calm with the rounded edges on the ds4 and the diagonals are more responsive while also not giving false positives

if it weren't for the chronic problems i seem to have with ds4windows it'd be my #1 controller forever but since celeste supports it natively that doesn't matter aynway, at least forf now

Y'all need to get this thing. I'm not saying your thumb won't hurt eventually but I just played through all of Ys 1 with it and it felt great.

PS4/PS3: https://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Commander-PlayStation-Officially-Licensed-4/dp/B01GVOFIAA

Xbox One: https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fightin...0_&dpSrc=detail

This is the best D-pad on the market, bar none. Only downside is that it's wired.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Awakening isn't exactly a great work of literature but I think it nailed having a likeable, memorable cast with enough variation that players of all stripes can find someone they love

al-azad
May 28, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

TMS#FE is good and I will rebuy it on Switch and replay it for 85 hours and maybe beat it this time.

Also lol at Colin Moriarty saying the liberal cabal has no power, how's Kinda Funny working out for you bro?

Now now, he quit on his own because he realized there's more money fleecing idiots by reassuring them the entire world is out to get them.

At his height the dude was making $30,000 a month researching hard hitting issues like "How is America racist if Asians are the highest paid demographic???"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

chumbler posted:

Lyn is not any of those, so clearly you are wrong.
i don't have lyn here for reference im sorry.

my list is soren, camilla, tharja, charlotte and takumi

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is hector insane

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

of course im not the best person to ask since i can recognize and name all of these people:

and half of them are just replacements that you only get if you've actively screwed up playing the game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Admittedly I've only played a couple of fire emblem games and never completed any of them but I always found the characters in the shining force games to be more memorable. There are only a couple of fire emblem characters I can recall off the top of my head but with shining force, which I've also only ever played a few of and never completed any of them, I think the characters stuck with me a bit more.
I love shining force and increasingly strongly dislike fire emblem, but I can definitely identify more FE characters, those games are very focused on character interactions in a way that makes them very memorable

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I would not have recognized this modestly clothed lady as Tharja if it wasn't for your post.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I can't remember which one is Johan and which is Johalva, and can't remember all the subs. I probably could have like ten years ago when I was really into FE4. Guess I'm a casual now

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

homeless snail posted:

I love shining force and increasingly strongly dislike fire emblem, but I can definitely identify more FE characters, those games are very focused on character interactions in a way that makes them very memorable

Also all this having games made in the same genre.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like Marth and Roy, their forward + B is v strong

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

I suspect the FE games I've played would have something to do with that as well since I've never touched Awakening or Fates, only Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones and so little of the DS game that I'd might as well not even count it, while with Shining Force I've only played the first game and the first gaiden game and played 2 about as much as I played fire emblem DS.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I can't remember which one is Johan and which is Johalva, and can't remember all the subs. I probably could have like ten years ago when I was really into FE4. Guess I'm a casual now
johan is the foppish blue one, johalva is the rough green one

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Healbot posted:

I would not have recognized this modestly clothed lady as Tharja if it wasn't for your post.

In awakening I think the implication is that she isn't like trying to be sexy, that's just the normal fashion in Plegia. Like her sprite has a very modest pose and she doesn't flaunt her sexuality in any of her supports that I recall. Then spinoff material, starting with the awakening DLC, has emphasized her body more and more. So her TMS depiction is probably the most true to her original character it's been since then

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[gut wrenching scream and fall into distance scream but it's extremely good]

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/967153221008375809

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Lol I don't think I have the platforming skills to get further than the first two C-Sides. I can't get past this first room in Chapter 3's C-Side at all.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Macaluso posted:

Lol I don't think I have the platforming skills to get further than the first two C-Sides. I can't get past this first room in Chapter 3's C-Side at all.

the chapter 3 c-side just sucks. lots of fidgety stuff that throws off your rhythm and then oshiro just becomes the worst hazard ever

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

oddium posted:

[gut wrenching scream and fall into distance scream but it's extremely good]

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/967153221008375809

Grimes for Death Stranding

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, it is loving incredible how much of a lost loving art Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries' campaign is, the bouncing around taking contracts doing smaller scale missions like securing a convoy or raiding an industrial center combined with the day to day management of running the mechlab and tinkering with your giant robot tanks is really nice, and I wish there was anything else like it. It has a really nice flow that I don't think can be beat.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Colonel posted:

the chapter 3 c-side just sucks. lots of fidgety stuff that throws off your rhythm and then oshiro just becomes the worst hazard ever

I finally got past it. Got to the Oshiro part. Got through the awful awful gauntlet inside, got outside, and then the game wants you to do the thing where you jump on his head to get an extra jump and THAT, I don't think I can do. I've never been able to get the timing right on that. I'm gonna keep trying for a while but the Oshiro head bop is one of the mechanics I have never been able to nail down

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's not as bad as you think, the hitbox to bounce on his head is pretty generous. Just practice a little in place and you'll get the timing.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

publishko posted:

Grimes for Death Stranding

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It doesn't help that there's like 20 different visual cues before Oshiro charges, and the weird effect his charge does.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I think I just dashed up and right when the big flash happened and got it perfectly, which I imagine is how it was designed.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

lets hang out posted:

It's not as bad as you think, the hitbox to bounce on his head is pretty generous. Just practice a little in place and you'll get the timing.

:toot:

Took the above advice and just chilled at the door and practiced on him at the start. I'm still not fully confident I figured out the timing and got through it via dumb luck, because you need to also be leaping forward while bopping his head. The secret to beating this C-Side was not believing in myself :v:

The first room was way WAY harder though. The timing and positioning on that poo poo is SO loving tight if you're even a little bit off on either thing you will not make it. You HAVE to go fast through that section too so it's like stressful on top of it.

Get hosed Mr Oshiro

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 24, 2018

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

FirstAidKite posted:

Is hector insane

please by nice to burbo

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Taintrunner posted:

Man, it is loving incredible how much of a lost loving art Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries' campaign is, the bouncing around taking contracts doing smaller scale missions like securing a convoy or raiding an industrial center combined with the day to day management of running the mechlab and tinkering with your giant robot tanks is really nice, and I wish there was anything else like it. It has a really nice flow that I don't think can be beat.

Obviously not the same, but Battletech should be coming out soon. :v: Plus maybe Mech 5: Mercenaries will be good but I know folks don't like PGI.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Mordja posted:

Obviously not the same, but Battletech should be coming out soon. :v: Plus maybe Mech 5: Mercenaries will be good but I know folks don't like PGI.

Is there still legal poo poo between Hairbrained and Harmony Gold?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

most recent news on that front is they had to hatchet two of the mechs out of battletech before it releases in april and when asked if it had something to do with harmony gold they said “no comment”

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
All cousins are good.

https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/967130468364595200

Except for this cousin they are bad don't play with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Game Boy Camera is 20.

https://www.avclub.com/celebrating-the-game-boy-camera-one-of-nintendo-s-weir-1823194235

also,

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/967199453261152256

• Locked thread