Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i was enjoying MG Survive until about 12 hours in they teleported me to a tiny new area, with a linear corridor and no exploration, and when i got to the end the AI said "defend this spot for 15 minutes." and i dont want to do that. so i guess it really is the successor to mgsv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I love that scene in Kung Fu Panda

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Endorph posted:

of course im not the best person to ask since i can recognize and name all of these people:

and half of them are just replacements that you only get if you've actively screwed up playing the game

That's a lot of green hair.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When Anton reveals the fully automatic Luger is probably my favorite devlog moment of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbNd2CtbFeA

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
:wtf: :wtf: :suicide: :suicide: :wtf: :wtf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoKLsDmeXbc

edit: I got it a few tries after this but what the heck!

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 24, 2018

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Macaluso posted:

loving hell. I probably would have just shut the game off if that happened to me.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Macaluso posted:

yeah that's a "turn off the game and have a quiet lie down" moment right there

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is Slay the Spire in early access still?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

ya

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Since Kingdom Come isn't a AAA game it'll probably bottom out price wise relatively rapidly and then I can get my ~historically accurate~ skyrim without giving very much money to a nazi

just pirate that poo poo

1 million copies though, holy poo poo. twitch really is the kingmaker of indie games

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is Kingdom Come actually confirmed made by multiple people following neo nazi beliefs or is this just one guy spoiling the bunch

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Is Kingdom Come actually confirmed made by multiple people following neo nazi beliefs or is this just one guy spoiling the bunch

all the controversy's just been around the lead dev

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

It's going to be in early access for a while since the third character hasn't even been added yet. I could see it being done in like six months to a year though.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

You wonder what the other devs are like in this case but then again working in IT a lot of us nerds keep ourselves to ourselves

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Kinda torn because it seems relatively interesting to me but at the same time I don't want any of my money going to alt-right dickheads.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thankfully it’s a problem with a definite solution

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I might be pulling this out of my rear end but sometimes I think alt-right type people gravitate towards "historically accurate" media because it gives them an excuse to avoid dealing with diversity issues.

TOOT BOOT posted:

It's going to be in early access for a while since the third character hasn't even been added yet. I could see it being done in like six months to a year though.

Figures. I really don't like playing games in EA nowadays but almost every single streamer I watch is playing the game now. Its hard to avoid being spoiled on it, though I'm not sure if its a game where that even matters.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Feb 24, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Macaluso posted:

i got the gold strawberry on this c-side in

76 deaths

somehow the core is second place for the c-side i've died the least times on

the good news is reflection took me like 500 tries so i am fallible and i'm probably going to die a lot on the climbs and b-sides next

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The game has health potions though, so I'm pretty sure they're just racist.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
You guys were not kidding, Titanfall 2 I'd excellent...And the TItan parts (I only just started this is based on the sewer tunnels and the first boss titan) really are rather bland compared to explaining doublejump pilotstuff.

Question though, I figured out how to go from toggle aim to hold to aim on my own after realizing the more obvious button for that I'd only for gamepad.
But I did not see an option to disable depth of field. Did I miss that or do I have to mess with the ini files? I really don't like dof, just like motion blur, but thankfully there does not seem to be motion blur anyway.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

mutata posted:

The game has health potions though, so I'm pretty sure they're just racist.

I mean I'm pretty sure the historical accuracy is just supposed to affect the setting and writing with only minor effects on gameplay. If it was brutally realistic then you'd take one arrow to the face and fall over dead instantly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think the part where he didnt put black people into the video game is the least problematic action hes taken

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Hopper posted:

You guys were not kidding, Titanfall 2 I'd excellent...And the TItan parts (I only just started this is based on the sewer tunnels and the first boss titan) really are rather bland compared to explaining doublejump pilotstuff.

Question though, I figured out how to go from toggle aim to hold to aim on my own after realizing the more obvious button for that I'd only for gamepad.
But I did not see an option to disable depth of field. Did I miss that or do I have to mess with the ini files? I really don't like dof, just like motion blur, but thankfully there does not seem to be motion blur anyway.

You can't turn the dof off.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Internet Kraken posted:

I mean I'm pretty sure the historical accuracy is just supposed to affect the setting and writing with only minor effects on gameplay. If it was brutally realistic then you'd take one arrow to the face and fall over dead instantly.

You take one sword to the face and die, so it's trying to be everything at once while owning the libs.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I listened to the Waypoint podcast about this yesterday and the lead dev is a gamergate supporter who issued a "i'm sorry you were offended" style apology over it so

The other people on this project might be fine people but the lead dev is going to get the most influence over a game and the most cash from it

I personally can't bring myself to give him money.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I missed controller chat, but I want to offer a counter point in regards to the 8bitdo SN30 being a bad controller. I use it for everything on the Retropie and it works like a charm. Now, I'm not playing any white-knuckle platformers but for everything from the NES through the PSX it's been great.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
this is real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOzZdhywMeE

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can't believe they got ryan seacrest to play the president

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played it yet but what's with The Surge only being 5GB (or alternatively what is it that makes every other game 40GB+)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't played it yet but what's with The Surge only being 5GB (or alternatively what is it that makes every other game 40GB+)

uncompressed audio and textures bc why loving bother. DBFZ is only like....4gigs, while tekken 7 is 80gigs bc it includes a bunch of FMV and music that take up like 90% of the download and you cant selectively be like "just give me the online vs pack so i can install another game on my SSD please"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna see more info about that ubisoft toys to life nfc game "starlink" because I wanna see if they do any cool poo poo with the modular space ships and also if the game ends up being any good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I was going to download the cod ww2 free weekend and discovered it was 80gb lmao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

I was going to download the cod ww2 free weekend and discovered it was 80gb lmao

It's a free weekend alright... free up some space on your harddrive!!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

It's a free weekend alright... free up some space on your harddrive!!!
if you pulled a gun on me and said "free up 100gb right now or die!!" I would tell you to shoot me, because I don't even know where to start if I had to delete stuff

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The Half-Life story walks a razor-thin line between silly and trying to be serious but mostly still kinda silly. If you take one step too far into serious territory you fall into a sea of horrible fan-writing that thinks their Seven Hour War fan-fiction is the best thing ever.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

if you pulled a gun on me and said "free up 100gb right now or die!!" I would tell you to shoot me, because I don't even know where to start if I had to delete stuff

Delete your anime or die is the sophie's choice of this thread

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I wanna see more info about that ubisoft toys to life nfc game "starlink" because I wanna see if they do any cool poo poo with the modular space ships and also if the game ends up being any good

Its probably gonna lack depth for me since its for 8 yr olds so i might just do a lego space ship and hang it off my laptop while i play tie fighter

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

not sure if anyone has posted this yet but titanfall 2 for pc is $5 on amazon rn.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H0LFJWA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_wwjKAbWYJ0J08?th=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

In Training posted:

uncompressed audio and textures bc why loving bother. DBFZ is only like....4gigs, while tekken 7 is 80gigs bc it includes a bunch of FMV and music that take up like 90% of the download and you cant selectively be like "just give me the online vs pack so i can install another game on my SSD please"

I can't remember which game it was, but I remember someone posting about compressing a game and reduced the size by like 90% and it still played fine.

• Locked thread