Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Electric Phantasm posted:

I can't remember which game it was, but I remember someone posting about compressing a game and reduced the size by like 90% and it still played fine.

It was FF12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Macaluso posted:

:wtf: :wtf: :suicide: :suicide: :wtf: :wtf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoKLsDmeXbc

edit: I got it a few tries after this but what the heck!

The QA in me went on my god the win flag has a few frames before it activates, but as everyone said. That's a politely put the game down, and then scream into your pillow in RAGE.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched Initial D Part 1+2 this morning and now I wanna know what the best tuner racing game is.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL_BeaLECME

new game from freedom planet devs

umihara kawase + mischief makers

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Taintrunner posted:

I watched Initial D Part 1+2 this morning and now I wanna know what the best tuner racing game is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzkNwc_uqEY

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL_BeaLECME

new game from freedom planet devs

umihara kawase + mischief makers

The concept is cool but I really hope this is early early early graphics. Freedom Planet looked good, this... does not.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

al-azad posted:

The concept is cool but I really hope this is early early early graphics. Freedom Planet looked good, this... does not.

nah the graphics look fine. no different from dynamite headdy.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not a big fan of the look either

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
it looks like lovely megaman 9

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

it looks like lovely megaman 9

I think you mean 7 or 8

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

nah the graphics look fine. no different from dynamite headdy.

Definitely not. Dynamite Headdy is packed with detail even on the Genesis' limited color scheme. Everything in this game is flatly shaded giving it a very cold and sterile look. And the textures within the environment are the same repeating patterns. Dynamite Headdy would break up the patterns with minute detail to keep the levels looking organic.

But seriously, compare it to Freedom Planet which actually looks like what I'd expect Dynamite Headdy to look on the Saturn or something.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Taintrunner posted:

It depends upon what you mean by tuner and what you're looking for. The answer is either Need For Speed Underground 2, One of the Initial D arcade games, Forza Horizon 3, or Assetto Corsa with mods.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yakuza is a great tuner slot cart racer

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Isn't Dbz Fighterz 6gb or so? That's some good compressing.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cULsmY_bfoM

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm gonna stream for a bit if anyone is bored and wants to pop in and say hi.

https://twitch.tv/firstaidkite

If not, that's fine too. :) Just thought it'd be fun is all.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think you mean 7 or 8

yeah i meant 7, whatever, it's still ugly

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Never understood what Pochi is supposed to be. In that image he looks like some kind of pink slime but his in-game sprite is a Bubble Bobble reject with boxing gloves.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad posted:

Never understood what Pochi is supposed to be. In that image he looks like some kind of pink slime but his in-game sprite is a Bubble Bobble reject with boxing gloves.

msx era was not kind to readable character designs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

It depends upon what you mean by tuner and what you're looking for. The answer is either Need For Speed Underground 2, One of the Initial D arcade games, Forza Horizon 3, or Assetto Corsa with mods.

NFS Underground 1 and 2 are rad.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
why is your HP rice balls

are you a samurai who found himself in the west

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Those are clearly jelly doughnuts

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

they are crude houses

House Points

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The White Dragon posted:

why is your HP rice balls

are you a samurai who found himself in the west

in dragon slayer jr you play as prince fan, but the msx2 version has a 2nd quest you can activate where you play as princess serina and it changes a lot of aesthetic stuff on top of giving you a different route for progression

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

A lot of time passed between those two dialogue boxes huh

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

free yourself from the shackles of linear time

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Today youtube recommended me that Cyberpunk 2077 trailer from over 5 years ago. Maybe time is just breaking down.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Saint Freak posted:

Today youtube recommended me that Cyberpunk 2077 trailer from over 5 years ago. Maybe time is just breaking down.

You should play it if you haven't, it's a fun game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

FirstAidKite posted:

A lot of time passed between those two dialogue boxes huh

https://twitter.com/DrFNFurter/status/1735237290

https://twitter.com/DrFNFurter/status/464259582358220800

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
my girlfriend has put 200+ hours into zelda breath of the wild, like a single save and i was wondering how she still finds stuff to do

she literally wanders around and feeds bokoblins for fun

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I went out for dinner with my brother and he spent the whole time ranting about how the wrong characters are winning the Fire Emblem Heroes popularity poll. Sometimes it feels like I'm talking to one of those angry youtube gamer rant videos

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is that Sword Art Online game supposed to be any good? I liked the box art, at least.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

my girlfriend has put 200+ hours into zelda breath of the wild, like a single save and i was wondering how she still finds stuff to do

she literally wanders around and feeds bokoblins for fun

I grew up with a guy who wanted to come over every day after school to bomb the facility scientists with remote mines in goldeneye over and over. All kinds a people in the world at least your gf is doing good deeds

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

she just tried to light their fire and they got mad at her so she killed them all

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

"i have to kill the white ones"
"why"
"they don't eat, i think they have eating disorders"
"so you kill them?"
"yep"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
No good deed goes unfragged

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I beat Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight and it was pretty good. Really short considering how big the map wound up feeling. I don't know anything about the rest of the series but I might look into them next. It reminded me of Cave Story, but I think CS ultimately has more meat on its bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

I went out for dinner with my brother and he spent the whole time ranting about how the wrong characters are winning the Fire Emblem Heroes popularity poll. Sometimes it feels like I'm talking to one of those angry youtube gamer rant videos
as someone whos way into the older FE games and thinks the newer ones kinda suck, lol @ that guy

• Locked thread