Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
  • Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hey weird, monster hunter is the game of this month too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Phantasium posted:

108 stars drop onto razril island
i'd play it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I changed it, sorry

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

DQX is the one I want to play most of all though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

humble monthly last month was kinda good, wish I would have gotten it... snake pass and tacoma...

this month's early unlock is dark souls 3 though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I forgot to mention this before, but january's game song of the month goes to Bazelgeuse's theme from Monster Hunter World. you know you're about to see some poo poo every time those horns kick in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRV48bV6T-Y

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

release the mameos

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

Everything is taped and in some cases hardware is submitted for verification. The post on Twingalaxies pulls apart the recording and analyzes how the screen is rendered and it appears that his screens are being rendered by an emulator and not original hardware.

It's quite possible that all of his high scores were Tool Assisted.
yeah and remember that the big climactic ending of king of kong was mitchell refusing to play in public and instead submitting an extremely sketchy videotape conveniently immediately after wiebe beat his score lmao

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

shigeru miyamoto walks up to a donkey kong machine, everyone gathers around. not to see him play it, but to try and learn the secrets of the nintendo cheats

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

gonna have to update my january game song of the month award to the mhw end credits song, lmao

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

is it weird that I love monster hunter a lot but hate grinding? I played through all of HR with the same weapon and zorah/anja armor

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Andrast posted:

Why would it be?
everyone I ever talk to about monhun is always grinding something and worrying extensively about elemental resistances, and I just never do that in these games. I'm just like "ah well this is an ice monster and my armor is weak against ice... guess I just won't get hit"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

oh boy and can you punch underwater trees to make underwater wood blocks
haha no that would be stupid. you swim up to kelp and cut it with a knife to make kelp stuff

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

Can you make a ghillie suit out of the kelp
no, you use the kelp to build a hologram projector

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

who wants to come over and play nintendo, I got the new halo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Quicksilver6 posted:

There's a new game out in early access called Freeman Guerilla Warfare and it owns bones. A modern age mount and blade with bullet physics and ammo measured by magazines instead of individual bullets, the correct way to measure ammo.

Still pretty rough and has no vehicles, day/night cycle or multiplayer, but dang it's p fun even at this stage.

I don't normally do this, but I really like the game and don't hear a lot of discussion about it. I'm really hoping for mods at some point. A jagged alliance mod would be great for this game.
oh, so its like the parallel world where opfor was popular as a single player game instead of turning into what arma is

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lego my eggos

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think Dark Souls perfected the multiplayer tbh, covenants were a natural extension of the old monk fight in terms of contexualizing the multiplayer into the world of the game. just playing in a covenant feels like a kind of roleplaying, you're aligning yourself with a force in the world and agreeing to behave a certain way towards other players, whether its to help people out or to protect a certain place or whatever. the context free multiplayer is cool too but its a moment to moment thing while in Dark Souls its more of a long term commitment. That was the biggest thing that disappointed me about Bloodborne, multiplayer in that game felt like a regression

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah its hosed up they should have used the royal edition boxart instead

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

By that logic, no game has ever released unfinished
thats probably true, anything that isn't being worked on anymore is finished by definition

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Procedurally Generated Kirby
https://www.shadertoy.com/view/lt2fD3

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

precision posted:

can anything this year even come close to MonHunWo, i have played for 60 hours already and it feels like i've barely scratched the surface of the content. jesus what a good game!
this is how I feel most years, tbh

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oddium posted:

i've never played ghostrick still
its good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

is it just me or did the font change

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ah good finally a chance to make a tax deductible donation to disney

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM4J971Pv8s

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Im loving shocked they havent crammed that into GTAV yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3YgWmfcbdQ

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the wild west equivalent of 100 people jumping out of a plane
the oregon trail, you can die of dysentery before you even get to the battle royale part

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Divekick was the pinnacle of the fighter genre.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm more into melynxs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

I wanna know if you can make a really ugly cat in that game.
there's no such thing as an ugly cat. you can make ugly cat armor, though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

palicos live for danger
https://twitter.com/e9o/status/960175753714221056

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am in a race against time to get my palico robot armor before the event expires
where are you at right now? if you need someone to come in and just gently caress all your monsters up so you can get to hr6, let's go

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

100 battle royale games are dropped out of an airplane... into a landfill

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'd like to begin the presentation for my new educational game for teaching math to children ages 5-8 *PowerPoint slide comes up depicting 100 numbers falling out of airplane*

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I have a friend who works for Google who I am reasonably certain has backed every board game and tabletop rpg kickstarter out there
hope you're looking forward to getting roped into a kingdom death monster campaign by them

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

metal gear solid 5: peace walker is very good and I highly recommend playing it before playing metal gear solid 6: metal gear solid V

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2jCz4VnC2Q

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that is not nearly as good as the giant snorlax pillow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stexils posted:

theres a good two dozen pokemon i want pillows of