Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/CoolTornAlbertosaurus

it finally happened... i made a game where you don't have to play as the dragon. (but you can).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
idk maybe? the capture software is kinda crappy but the frames that are there are what are there. i could put in more but that would be too slow and tweening is out of the question, because tweening gives me uncanny valley unease

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

Apparently the new FFXII locks you into a job, which is fine, but later you get to pick a second class for each of your guys? How does that work?

there's a (optional?) boss you beat part way through the game that unlocks the second class

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

haveblue posted:

I don't understand how Night in the Woods takes up a DVD worth of disc space. The whole game is 2D animation against static backgrounds and unvoiced dialog trees.

every environmental asset might be a 2000+px^2 png with almost no tiling. check your ram usage when you play it next time; if it's fairly large, then you know this is the case

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
before: no weed

after: smoking weed and thinking "i bet i can do a super ghouls and ghosts still sprite of this character"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i'm excited for ff15, but i'm kind of equally excited that i can get it at discount :allears:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

In Training posted:

FFXV kicks rear end and with all the tweaks and additions they've tossed in since release, you're gonna have a great time

i know man march 4 can't come soon enough

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
when am i supposed to watch ff15 brotherhood in the context of the game? i don't wanna watch it beforehand if it spoils things.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
oh i had forgotten that wild arms 3 was translated by Square Soft, Inc

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

A Bag of Milk posted:

Add in the disembodied voice that is tracking your every move and says poo poo like "You don't know what's going on. That's ok, just listen to me if you want to live" and you have Dead Space, Bioshock, and Far Cry. It's just such a well worn path by so many big names it's disheartening how generic it is.

if january pisses you off then just fuckin shoot him

you also get all the neuromods he would've given you throughout the game instantly like this

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Feb 7, 2018

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
when the trees in witcher 3 blow in the wind and the branches bend and poo poo it blows my mind because every other game in existence ever doesn't do this

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

100 islands are dropped onto a player... can the player survive 100 islands

this is the premise of like every single NES game though

chumbler posted:

Starfox Battle Royale

nintendo expects people to play it like pubg but instead furries just use it to rp

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
not every boss in even a great game can be a winner. i mean look at the fish from the water temple in majora's mask

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DLC Inc posted:

I feel bad she decided to stay with him, like what kind of hosed up gaslighting was she a victim of. can you not do better than "loving dipshit who plays games all day"

he cleared like 300g's in donations on his first day back streaming. you'd be a fool to give that up, but maybe the smart money would've demanded alimony

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sakurazuka posted:

This is why those nuclear waste warning signs will never work

it's a matter of how you convey it. if we had a wordfilter that changed Bioshock Infinite into various emojis of people suffering and dying then it would keep the survivor tribes out of the storage facility

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

What are Melee people gonna do when they can no longer get the correctly manufactured defect controllers for their meta?

there's probably already a "dodgy smash controller" plugin for dolphin emulator when that time comes

my #1 gaming moment was probably mother 3 in the final battle, where the music gets less and less distorted until the masked man breaks down. but also the endings of ff9, and lost odyssey. well that's my story

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 9, 2018

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
probably cho aniki

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Samuringa posted:

You think a turtle would breathe fire without drugs? Get real, friend.

so what dads aren't allowed to smoke weed now or something

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
my neighbors got pissfaced drunk last night and started fighting. methfaced redneck and his spherical bride just throwin blows out in the street

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i feel extremely underleveled in witcher 3, what am i doing wrong?

e: also i can't be the only person who hates weapon durability, i think it's the dumbest and most busyworkest thing in all of nintendos

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 11, 2018

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yeah i'm equipping skills but i just got out white orchard at lv4 and i'm running into lv9 ghouls that ruin my poo poo on normal :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

As someone who likes to see set after set of new gear on my characters in games that reflect it visually, this sort of thing terrifies me.

What sort of monster would cut short the fashion game?

afaik the non-witcher equipment fashion in these games extends to "chain mail with different countries' emblems printed on" so it's not as bad as it sounds

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Khajiit, dark elf, and argonian

Which make the best npcs and which are most enjoyable to play as aesthetically in elder scrolls games in your opinion

You can pick a different race, it doesn’t matter. Those are just the 3 most interesting ones imo

i always pick argonian but when it comes down to character creation their heads all look too newty and not dragony enough

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
tfw u learn unity etc etc all for the ultimate goal of

making up rpgmaker-tier weapon and technique names

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cowcaster posted:

i smoked the last of my weed last week now i have no weed

this is why you should only lightly toast your weed, and smoke the fine mist that rises from it. because just when you think you're out, no, you can use all your abv for cooking :420:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cowcaster posted:

what's maya

it's the weak enemies in persona

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
taiwan number one chinar number two

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

His beard owns actually, even if he doesn't

owns what, a years' worth of crumbs

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

homeless snail posted:

time to admit it, i'm a RAcast

cast cosmetic options suuuuuuuuuck

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

wait so now that she's married she's still a ghost? that guy must feel really scammed rn

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
you cant spell beard without ear

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

that's called a DOUBLE DEMON FANG

no that's using demon fang twice in a row, doubledemon fang has a completely separate proficiency

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

i'm still enjoying captain rainbow but i think this game has a really weak middle, compared to chibi-robo where you're always getting new tools and upgrades that open up potential to reach new areas and the story is always progressing and giving you new interactions with the family each day, captain rainbow never does anything to change its core gameplay loop and it wants you to repeat that loop roughly a dozen times. it's saved by having generally really fun writing around most of its cast and actually decent minigames, but because its loop is about sending people off from the island that also creates an issue where characters are very limited in the interaction they can have so after you're done with them you don't really have much to do but send them away or else it becomes slowly apparent how little they have to say. plus, the way the game handles shooting star nights creates a situation of it being so easy to hit one that you'll end up sending off the characters who do have lasting interactions because they're your only current options and you don't want to waste your time

otoh,

what is this like fuckin gamecube chulip

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i'm trying to come up with exciting legendary armor names for mundane clothing

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PantsBandit posted:

If I'm ever the kind of person that describes something as "dollar store philosophy" please just put me out of my misery

this is the only dollar store philosophy you need

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
instead of gaming tonight i finally bit the bullet and cooked my font

but one might say that makegame is the most galaxy brain activity in gaming

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i dunno, i thought the two recruits who work under stocke were tremendously moronic

maybe that's just because their in-battle skills sucked compared to your alternatives though

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

the soundtrack for soe is neat and that's about it

the soundtrack for secret of evermore is so nonexistent that jeremy soule is secondarily credited as an atmospheric sound creator

source: i finished secret of evermore two months ago

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

gently caress I don’t even know Mega Man’s dog friend’s name

how the gently caress can you not know rush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20