Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
  • Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late[st] is the game of the month. Its probably my favorite fighting game ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Oh thatís a real title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXr-nLock7k

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DBFZ has already outsold SFV lifetime. I'm glad Goku has finally shepherded millions away from the poisonous influence of Capcom

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

A physical disc? Maybe give it a spin. In your microwave.

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They are in Japan, Capcom has 0 arcade presence

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chumbler posted:

I think people are defining complexity differently. I don't really file things like 1 frame links under complexity so much as just execution. It'll vary from character to character, but combos are generally also fairly short. Anime games have 5 different bars, every character has their own special resource, and basic combos are 10 steps long. Tekken has a ton of position and character dependent stuff and huge move lists to keep track of. All of that's cool and I like it and am glad it's there, I just can't do it or keep track of it compared to SF's relatively more limited characters. I can't do the fast inputs anime games need, but I can manage SF's.

Maybe I'm just saying SF is easier when you're a dumb bad, but I'm a dumb bad.

SF's barrier for execution is much higher than anime and Tekken games is the thing that trips me up. I can't hitconfirm for poo poo in SF A

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

whenever i close my eyes i see dragonball fighterz combos

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

I've been bouncing between Final Fantasy X and Dragon Quest 8 to prepare myself for playing FF 15/DQ 11 but I've discovered I extremely dont have the time for that

So help me pick one please!

DQVIII is way better and much longer so maybe focus on X depending on how far in you are

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every dq game is lovely. Except X

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got like 2/3rds of the way through Silent Hill 3 and found the second puzzle in the game. a majority of this game is just finding keys basically, i miss having to get a notebook out and puzzle out weird rhyme hints or do math to figure out how to unlock a door.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good God

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Why is it a problem that MAME was used? Speed runners use emulators with a heavy use of save states all of the time, not to mention exploits and glitches. All of the top Super Mario speed runs for example are with exploits.

Speedruns records are only accepted on true hardware generally.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bloodborne is a flWless game and whenever I booted up ds3 I just replayed Bloodborne after. It took me like 1 year to beat that game and I beat Bloodborne 4 times in the interim

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They shouldn't bring in the ds3 invasion mechanics because they made PvP rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

They made invasions pretty miserable for invaders but DS1 has the opposite problem. Its really easy to be a huge scummy rear end in a top hat in DS1 because there's no restriction on equipment, only soul level. You can invade the Burg with a maxed out weapon and oneshot people.

Good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doorknob Slobber posted:

is there anything more multiplayer fun that pubg right now?

Splatoon 2, DBFZ, Rev2, UNIST, NPB, ST, TF2, TF2, Friday the 13th, my rear end, CSGO

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doorknob Slobber posted:

tf2 over pubg? yikes man that poo poo is like 100 years old. I don't have splatoon 2 yet, so maybe I'll buy that

Titanfall 2 whips

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finished SH3 tonight. Weirdly it felt like Silent Hill 2, in a bad way. I loved how SH2 was just utilizing the concept of a hazy town and a empty promise to produce a brutal nightmare space. SH3 had a lot of Lore.:..also some fantastic cutscenes , and i watched some YouTube videos and you can get a Sexy Beam that OHKOs every enemy on screen so it's got a 8/10 in my book

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi everybody, whaaaaat's shakin up in here, anything fun going on?

Our car broke down last night! The one we just got!! Ah!!! KCB had it towed to a mechanic she can get a discount at and she's gonna see if they'll check and figure out what the problem with the car is. Hopefully it's something cheap enough that we can just get it done and over with as soon as possible.

I started playing shadow of the Colossus again bc the remake got me thinking about it and it's still as wonderful as ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That PS4 version looks gorgeous but I already own uhhh 3 copies of the game I think so I didn't want to buy it again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's also a certain primal charm that comes from a game with such wildly varying frame rate, that makes you feel like your PS2 is going to explode just from reading the disc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

Oh, I didn't know that the Shadow remake was only $40, that def makes me wanna get it more. Probably gonna hold off since I still wanna get Dragonball FighterZ and Bayonetta later and tho I usually don't do this, I can kiiiiiinda see Shadow being on sale later this year

this is Hella Lame I say, because the resolutions of the story at the end escalate the climax from Beating A Hard Game to something More

I'm assuming SOTC PS4 will be like 50% by Christmas and I'll probably buy it and play it again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would guess it's uncompressed audio or something. It's a larger download than DBFZ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

haha no that would be stupid. you swim up to kelp and cut it with a knife to make kelp stuff

Can you make a ghillie suit out of the kelp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

no, you use the kelp to build a hologram projector

drat...check this out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I booted up shadow of the Colossus again and wound up playing it for 4 hours and finishing it for the uhhh 5th time in my life. The finale still makes me tear up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

I think Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology has taken the new record for the longest demo I've ever played. My save file is at 7.5 hours by the time I had exhausted everything I could do in it, which includes the entire prologue and first chapter, as well as a small taste of the new content they added for the remake.

Dang Atlus you crazy

The Bravely Second demo is probably the coolest one I've played because its like 5 hours long and entirely unique from the actual game, its just a free prologue chapter basically.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Demon's Souls is the only Soulsborne game where the whole multiplayer aspect felt seamlessly integrated into the cohesive whole. Starting with Dark Souls it felt more like they tacked on coop and invasions because they were cool, but they weren't part of the core game. Demon's Souls really feels like Miyazaki exploring very high level ideas and then building a video game around them in a way that the rest of Soulsborne doesn't (which makes sense since it was the first game he was lead on, so it got to use all the best ideas he's had over all his life up to that point).

Idk they're pretty great in Dark and integrated into the world state with the different covenants being geographically constrained, or stuff like Gravelords being able to exert control over level design

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FFXV kicks rear end and with all the tweaks and additions they've tossed in since release, you're gonna have a great time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but even at release the online multiplayer barely ever worked and the health penalty just meant you had one less ring slot until you beat a boss.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FFXV was always finished, it is what it is. They've added stuff since with like dlc packs and such but the original narrative is there and largely unchanged

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

By that logic, no game has ever released unfinished

It's true

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe I should play MGSV again....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RE0 is pretty rad and I wasn't expecting to be swarmed by a horde of angry monkey zombies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MechaSeinfeld posted:

are you playing on PS4? I keep seeing those RE games on sale and it's my great shame that I haven't played any RE other than 4.

I am, Ive collected the RE re-releases on there and PC since every sale they discount the games like mad. the REmake is probably still the best of the selection, and RE2 is just a fantastic game. If RE2make is as good as the jump from RE1 to the REmake, boy howdy thats gonna be a hell of a game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

XC1 bored me after like 6 hours but I played 100 hours of XC2 and absolutely loved it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mainstage of evo this year is gonna have 2 anime games and tekken, the good guys are finally winning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

where's nitroplus blasterz heroine's infinite duel

probably on a side tourney somewhere, around the melty blood, unist and arcana heart players, aka, in the real poo poo section

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chumbler posted:

Did kof14 ever get main stage?

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

One time I saw someone use the term air dash fighter instead of anime fighter which is technically accurate but a much worse name

There is in fact an Air Dasher thread on this very website, I think it's actually a pretty good term bc it encapsulates more games that fit the mechanical bill while also sidestepping the opportunity for extremely funny conversations about what anime is for 17 years

• Locked thread
«5 »