Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thanks VG! :)

Also, I managed to find a glitch in a game called Ultionus and the glitch lets me skip the most annoying boss in the game so that's a new strat I can put into my speedrun! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am glad Yamcha is in DBFZ but I hope Yajirobe could get added at some point in time because he is cool and good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Both competing very hard to be "Tumblr: The Game".

What do you mean?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is this the February Chat Thread?

No, this is Knacktrick.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/CoolTornAlbertosaurus

it finally happened... i made a game where you don't have to play as the dragon. (but you can).

I feel like the animations are missing a frame, are they just unfinished?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
DQ4 is such a good game. I played the DS remake and got both endings and I loved every bit of it and the extra effort they went through for the second ending stuff.

Plus, without DQ4 we wouldn't have any of the _____ Mystery Dungeon games.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody, whaaaaat's shakin up in here, anything fun going on?

Our car broke down last night! The one we just got!! Ah!!! KCB had it towed to a mechanic she can get a discount at and she's gonna see if they'll check and figure out what the problem with the car is. Hopefully it's something cheap enough that we can just get it done and over with as soon as possible.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

i don't know anyone who calls burgers pickles

Reminder that kool-aid pickles are a thing that exist

In Training posted:

I started playing shadow of the Colossus again bc the remake got me thinking about it and it's still as wonderful as ever

Cool, though it's a shame they didn't add in any of the cut colossi.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJaWiZbvfQs

I love how the lyrics to this song are like...complete nonsense. I wonder what they thought they were singing, if they even thought they were singing anything coherent or if they were just trying to sing stuff that sounded cool. Probably the latter, but I'm still curious.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I never learned how to do that cool strat on the knight colossus where you jump as he lifts up his sword and you end up going flying in the air towards him.

It's a real cool strat.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

there was literally a shooting yesterday

The gently caress?

Another one?

We're up to how many this year?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
VideoGames when're we gonna work on making a video game :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Happy Monday everybody, gonna link this song I'm listening to that I've probably linked before in a previous chat thread but I don't care because it's a good song by a good band that I wish had put out more stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGjHsLnUO1U

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/226221921

I was practicing speedrun stuff earlier and to get to the final stage of this game, you have to rescue your buddy Balzac in all of the platforming stages so that he'll show up in that cage there and give you your Dignity after you break him out.

This time he decided to just gently caress off after I let him out and I ended up getting the bad ending where you don't even get to go to the final stage because you don't have your dignity.

lol, the game owned me

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

I know I am one of the very, very few (perhaps the only poster on this site) who had fun reading Ready Player One and will be seeing the film, but I happened across this video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZp4HFHGmzc

It is the reworking of 'World of Imagination' that they use in the trailer and I cannot stop listening to it :D It is absolutely awesome and totally conjures up a mad electronic universe of whatever you want to be! I love bombastic renditions of tracks by orchestras :D

Just out of curiosity, what did you enjoy about it? What did you like about it? What was good about it?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Dammit Sif just let them borrow the ring for a bit

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

the Oasis is something I would want to experience. To be in any one of my fantasy worlds and live infinite crazy lives like in the stories I write!

Might I recommend Second Life? :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

ha! Not quite the same, I am afraid.

Might I recommend Second Life...on weed?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
(Annoyed Grunt)st Trick

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I hope the cat that couldn't hold on is okay

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I want to have all of the cats

chumbler posted:

Palicoes are more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

I hope the cats consider maybe some kind of safer method of doing whatever they were doing in that video

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just wish that that from software monster hunter game got localized. :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Somebody took my fuckin' recycling bin again this morning.

Why would you steal a recycling bin? What could you possibly be doing with that?

Recycling

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/polyherodice/polyhero-dice-rogue-set

KCB let me back these dumb gimmick dice that look cool and I want them

If I pick any of the colors, it'll probably be the green ones.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I didn't realise there was so much money in dice

This chart isn't about dice specifically but it's still pretty neat.

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ThomasBidaux/20180201/314124/Kickstarter_and_games_in_2017.php

But yeah, dice are cool. I like dice. I used to collect them but I left my collection back at my mother's house. I'd like to get back into collecting them again because there are a lot of weird and dumb and silly dice and I think a lot of them just look neat, even the ones that are so stupid that they don't necessarily even function as dice.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

I'm off to launch the monmusu 40k kickstarter.

I'm 200% sure there is already a monstergirl wargaming crowdfunded board game.

fake edit:

ehhhh

close enough

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody, just dropping in to say that this game looks neat.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brybelly/dice-wars-co-op-tactics-board-game-with-28-jumbo-u/description

It is a board game where the miniatures are dice that you roll at the start to determine what units you have to play with and you go from there and it looks simple to play.

I kinda like the amateur-lookin artwork too for whatever reason, can't place my finger on why but it looks simple but endearing and pleasing.

It also has a bunch of optional components included that let you play around with more complex rules and variations to the gameplay. It's 40 bucks though and given that KCB is letting my back that other kickstarter and I already feel terrible for letting her let me do that, I feel like I have zero right to think about asking for this as well (along with its add-ons which would take it up to $60).

So what's shakin? How's everyone holding up?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Goooooood mornin feb chat thread, how's everyone doin?

I can't get to sleep (I think about the implications of diving in too deep) so now I'm surfing the net, watchin vids, readin poo poo. How about all of ya?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Why did you get mad at your art?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How was portable ops and ac!d

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

They should add HERBIE instead.

Actually they should add Magneto from that episode of the cartoon where he shows up in his flying metal car that he uses to taunt people who drive regular cars and then he goes and takes over the fantastic four so that he can taunt them with his magnetism powers and then reed tricks him into thinking his powers have disappeared by pointing a wooden gun at him and magneto panicking when his magnetism didn't work on the wood

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Whoah what the hell kinda fuckery happened that it posted 3 times

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1529918676/sonic-the-hedgehog-battle-racers-0

OH BOY

Only $150 to get everything lol

They don't even have a gameplay vid and aren't putting one up til Saturday

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I played a bit of Daggerfall this morning (it’s free), it’s really bad. Labyrinthine dungeon design and a whole world of nothing surrounding it

It’s got tits though :heysexy:

VEEEEENGEEEEEAAAAAAANNNNCE

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Bioforce Ape

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Two of my favorite video game moments:

1. Final stage of Ace Combat 04.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGVoehiWngY
There's no describing it. Just watch that video. It's so loving great. Everything in the game leads up to that level, with the speech before hand, the rex tremendae cutscene, the mobius squadron, the yellows, agnus dei, everything.

2. Playing FF4DS, I was heavily gimped by not making proper use of the augment system (I didn't really understand how it worked so I just used augments on whoever instead of giving them to characters that would leave the party like you're meant to) so I got to the final boss and I wasn't underleveled or anything but I definitely didn't have anything overpowered. So the final boss kept using an attack that would kill almost everybody and it got to the point where I was stuck in a cycle of healing/resurrecting only for him to kill them again and I was worried because I felt like I was close to killing him when he finally wiped out everybody in my party except for Kain because Kain was in the middle of jumping at the time. Kain had really low hp though and to spend the time to heal him or to res someone else would guarantee my defeat. I decided "gently caress it" and told Kain to jump again. He jumped, hit the final boss, and the final boss didn't die. I figured "welp, guess I'm restarting the fight" and waiting for the boss to take his turn. Somehow, Kain took his turn before the final boss did. I had Kain jump again. Kain landed the hit, final boss still isn't dead, it's guaranteed that the boss will finally take his turn and wipe out Kain. I sit there waiting and Kain's turn comes up again without the boss taking their turn. I have Kain jump again and Kain hits the final boss and the final boss dies. I have no clue what happened but I really really really lucked out with Kain managing to jump a bunch while the boss never seemed to have their turn while Kain was grounded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The ending of Terranigma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm6n-WJA7og&t=82s

• Locked thread