Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Barry is literally the only thing I know about TMS#FE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Admittedly I've only played a couple of fire emblem games and never completed any of them but I always found the characters in the shining force games to be more memorable. There are only a couple of fire emblem characters I can recall off the top of my head but with shining force, which I've also only ever played a few of and never completed any of them, I think the characters stuck with me a bit more.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is hector insane

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

I love shining force and increasingly strongly dislike fire emblem, but I can definitely identify more FE characters, those games are very focused on character interactions in a way that makes them very memorable

I suspect the FE games I've played would have something to do with that as well since I've never touched Awakening or Fates, only Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones and so little of the DS game that I'd might as well not even count it, while with Shining Force I've only played the first game and the first gaiden game and played 2 about as much as I played fire emblem DS.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna see more info about that ubisoft toys to life nfc game "starlink" because I wanna see if they do any cool poo poo with the modular space ships and also if the game ends up being any good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

I was going to download the cod ww2 free weekend and discovered it was 80gb lmao

It's a free weekend alright... free up some space on your harddrive!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm gonna stream for a bit if anyone is bored and wants to pop in and say hi.

https://twitch.tv/firstaidkite

If not, that's fine too. :) Just thought it'd be fun is all.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

A lot of time passed between those two dialogue boxes huh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Australia is a long way from Paris.

Closer than you think!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Oh hey that's that osamu tezuka three-eyed demon kid game right?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

goddamnit this is now in my youtube history forever

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTfbstFoj30

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I would love to some day cosplay as big o

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Just wanted to post this good statue of a good cat.

RIP Dewey Readmore Books.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
In a way, the endless cycle of reruns without a satisfying ending fits Big O pretty well.

Being thematically appropriate doesn't make it any better though. Oh well. :shrug:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Also in other news:

https://twitter.com/PaperBatVG/status/968724132039938048

Imagine confessing to committing a crime thinking nothing is going to come of it at your new job.

yikes

Looks like the internet is already after her though so even if this was just a really poorly done joke, she pretty much ruined her career with it. Too bad stuff like that doesn't seem to stick with higher profile people.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hooooooow

Whyyyyyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I missed sly cooper talk but I just wanna say sly 2 owns and sly 3 was a big letdown to me because the game only started to get interesting in the last 2 episodes when the whole gang was together and everyone was getting ready for the big heist. Sly 2 did a really good job of building up the villains, their criminal empire, the hows, whys, and means of their drug trade, and it all came together to a really satisfying, bittersweet conclusion, while Sly 3 had very forgettable villains and you were always moving from place to place so quickly that you didn't get any sense of connectivity between them like in the first two games.

• Locked thread