Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Palpek posted:

I'm strangely excited for the Discovery Tour patch for AC:O that's coming this month. It wil add the possibility to play the game combat-free from a purely historical perspective where you're taken on live tourist tours around the gameworld. There will be 75 different tours created by experts and 25 historical figures will join you as NPC guides talking about Egypt, Rome, Alexandria and everyday life during the game's time period.

Yeah, I heard about this and it really really sounds cool as heck. The only bummer is that I'll have to buy an AssCreed game to get in on this, they probably won't sell it separately. And that also means having that messed up Denuvo DRM setup they've got going, which I was really looking forward to not supporting with my money. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Monster Hunter always delivers on those epic battles. Here's my favorite: White Fatalis theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGAUCj-c9og

I'm not sure if that's by Masato Kouda. Many of the iconic MonHun themes sure are.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I wonder if I might like this better then X-Com 2. The pacing of X-Com 2 can be a bit weird, and all of the forced cutscenes and ways the game wants to strong arm you into playing it really got on my nerves.

Xenonauts is much more like an alien invasion simulator, and it gives you way more latitude of trying out different approaches of combat. XCOM 2 just throws all kinds of alien curveballs at you, and expects you to figure out how to deal with all of its bullshit before an arbitrary clock runs out. I personally prefer XCOM 2 just because it's so intense.

• Locked thread