Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PC) – February 1
Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) – February 6
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS) – February 13
Secret of Mana (PC, PS4, Vita) – February 15
Bayonetta 1 + 2 Collection (Switch) - February 16
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (PC) – February 20

This year I'm gonna play nothing but re-releases of my favorite games

Cowcaster posted:

i'm gonna do it i'm gonna play dark souls 3 this month

godspeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

The Colonel posted:

i don't think there's going to be a huge difference in performance between the pc and ps4 versions of an hd rerelease of a ps2 game with a turbo button

Main performance differences are 60fps and ultra widescreen support

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

The Colonel posted:

oh, huh. i wonder why 60fps wasn't in the ps4 version to begin with

Its kinda weird since I think everyone assumed that it was a FFX/X-2 situation where they had to lock it at 30fps cuz it would break everything otherwise but apparently that's not the case. Or maybe it did but they actually felt like putting in the effort to make it work for the PC release. That doesn't sound very much like SE though...

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hello

Is there a madden thread?

Specifically one about the ultimate team mode?

All the sports game threads are in the sports subforum

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

DQ8

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Quest For Glory II posted:

You seem to hate every game

spuds sux

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Can't wait to play it tonight

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

I feel that I like mgs4 more than most but when it came out and was getting 10/10 flawless masterpiece ratings from every gaming media outlet I was like uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

I mean it is still a boss rush game just with a couple of token shooter levels thrown in.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Prey is definitely the king of the mountain right now but I still really really like Bioshock 1, especially the first half which has some amazingly effective world building.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

In Training posted:

The end of shadow of the Colossus

This, but also the beginning

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Thinking I may buy Tales of Berseria since its $16 even though I have no intention of playing it anytime soon.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Yeah I've seen nothing but good things about it but I'm playing a bunch of poo poo right now and there are more long rear end rpgs on the horizon. The curse of too many good games.

Cowcaster posted:

okami's up for $14 and i'm tempted but i already have so much else to play so i think i'll pass

I'm actually chipping away at this right now little by little lol. Okami is a very cozy game

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

It owns and is fairly long for what it is. At least as good as Brigmore Witches dlc from the first game.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Yeah but 1 is good and 3 is very good.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Sakurazuka posted:

Gambits would be good if you had to change them more then like five times in the whole game, 100% of the story and 75% of the optional hunts and bosses can be done with the exact same generally useful for everything set up.

I like that you kinda build up how robust your setup is over the course of game, slotting in new gambits as you find new abilities or encounter more dangerous enemy behavior (like when your whole team gets "stopped" and you think huh I should have someone ready to throw chronos tears) but you're right in that there are a million super granular gambits of which many are never useful.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jay Rust posted:

Discussion prompt: what’s the worst game you kinda like?

Fallout 4

There was this Eye of the Beholder-like game that Westwood made called Lands of Lore. It was pretty well regarded, but they made a sequel called Guardians of Destiny that is pretty much nothing like the first game and is a weird first person rpg/adventure game hybrid with a whole lot of bad green screened actors. Its not well regarded and is objectively pretty terrible but its one of my all time faves.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ugh
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-down-on-wii-u
Well, I guess launching it on a system no one had wasn't as much the problem as we'd like to think. Maybe things will pick up

I, for one, bought the WiiU version physically but the Switch version digitally. Hopefully others did the same.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

What kind of monster hates on crispy taco shells?

They're bad op

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Internet Kraken posted:

People who are elitist about Mexican food suck. You don't have to go right to the border to get Mexican food that tastes good.

This is true, you can get soft corn taco shells almost anywhere these days.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Pretty sure like three of those are some variation of shepard's pie but hell that's a good dish

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

^^^ this guy gets it

FirstAidKite posted:

Hmm. African cuisine is obviously a thing that exists but what exactly would African cuisine be? I don't know anything about what kinds of food they eat there. In fact, same with South America. I've no clue what kinds of foods and dishes are popular in either continent.

I liked to go to this Ethiopian place from time to time and its amazing. Its like spicy vegetable and meat curries served on a type of flatbread that has a sourdough taste.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

They reset your dash

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I hope nobody is actually salty about the costume. Like this is Freeman's life now. Like how Captain Falcon only shows up for guest appearances.

It's like being a past-your-prime actor or athlete or wrestler who still gets paid to show up as a guest at conventions year after year. It's a good gig.

It will for sure get review bombed for killing HL3

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Does that person know that article is from four years ago?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Wallpaper... engine?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

The Colonel posted:

did you know the entire development team for lego island got laid off a day before the game released so the company wouldn't have to pay them

LEGOwned

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Doorknob Slobber posted:

does ffxiii ever open up or is it a never ending series of boring corridors

It briefly opens up at the end before returning to corridors. Ever play FF10? Its got a very similar structure.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jay Rust posted:

I don’t drink coffee, and I function just fine

"Just fine" huh? Seems like you could up your a game.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I wanna build a new PC since mines up there in age but idiot bitcoiners have hosed up GPU prices pretty bad. Are GPU prices gonna be going down anytime soon or should I build now before they go up even more?

It will probably get worse before it gets better.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Lol that dude loving sucks.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Yeah iirc its five missions and two of them are remixed levels from the base game.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Color Printer posted:

hey, if you were somehow still hoping the video game industry would find a way to regulate the lootbox/microtransaction bullshit before the government stepped in, don't worry! the ESRB? they got you covered

https://twitter.com/ESRBRatings/sta...516416742805504

surprise! it's nothing

Lol this reads like a parody.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

suuma posted:

What's everybody gonna play in March?

I've got to finish Ringed City and then I'll be done with DkS3 and then it's on to Monster Hunter, maybe i'll finish the Witcher 3 by the end of the year

FF15 and Into the Breach

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Baahhh

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ah yes the iconic Sims outfits of uhh Plumbob?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Also in other news:

https://twitter.com/PaperBatVG/stat...724132039938048

Imagine confessing to committing a crime thinking nothing is going to come of it at your new job.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Real hurthling! posted:

Ratchet and clank is real good

Lmao sorry but this was a very funny ninja edit. Agreed tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

That's me in the top right looking at that pic