Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

al-azad posted:

I've been meaning to watch King of Kong but all I know of it is that Scott C did the DVD insert art which I have a print of, Billy Mitchell inspired a cheating arcade player in Regular Show, and there's an entire episode of South Park with Bono as the biggest piece of crap.

The Regular Show one is funny becuase Billy Mitchell tried to sue them becuase of that episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Do sports riots like that usually happen for the winning team?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DLC Inc posted:

idk how people played Monster Hunter on tiny portables for years, this game feels like it was made for high def. Trying the game multiple times on 3DS and I loving hated it mainly because it looked so squished down and ugly, plus the controls were not intuitive at all. What a difference it is on PS4 because now I love it. The frames of hitboxes remind me of From Software game a lot though, in terms of how great they are.

Monster Hunter is just that good of a series.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Saint Freak posted:

https://twitter.com/E3/status/960877527920250880

Wow can't believe E3 is happening in 6 days how exciting. Seems to get earlier every year.

Every E3 from this point forward is just going to be scheduled around Nintendo Directs.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zetsubou-san posted:

so it seems that tomorrow Jim Sterling is going to have Harsh Words to say about the new Dynasty Warriors game

I haven't heard anything about it recently, what's up?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8qBd4R3j44

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

al-azad posted:

That's the second beach trip and you're cagey around Mishima because the dude can't keep his mouth shut. He's the kid at school who goes I HAVE A SECRET BUT DON'T ASK ME ABOUT IT BECAUSE I WON'T TELL YOU BOBBY AND JESSICA ARE GOING OUT

e: Like if I was trying to relax on vacation and a friend won't shut up about work I'm going to tell them to put a sock in it.

Mashima can keep the secret better than Ryuji.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

LawfulWaffle posted:

In 110 hours I've never had a problem with my Hunter auto-sheathing.

e: I have had problems finding the triggers to some of these HR villager request missions. I'm at HR43 and I know I'm missing like five missions.

Yeah I turned off auto-sheathing too.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Either Fallout 3 or Xenobalde X. Both games have a bunch of stupid poo poo surrounding them, but there's something I enjoy just exploring their worlds.

XBX probably has the edge since it doesn't have the subway tunnels.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

glam rock hamhock posted:

Drakengard 3 though I actually love that game

If we're only going as far as kinda like, probably Gravity Rush 2

Oh man I forgot about Gravity Rush, that's another "fun to explore, despite a lot of other problems" game.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

alpha is my fav and its gonna be sad when he's the final boss of omega

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm expecting the final boss to be Omega Prime with a powered-up Alpha fighting by your side in some of the mechanics. Like maybe he shows up to save you from the phase transition to save you or something? idk

ImpAtom posted:

They introduced Alpha using magic card poo poo so I assume at some point there will be a in-fight gimmick involving magic card poo poo sort of like how the Chardnook fight works.

Alright tell me about this, becuase the Final Fantasy wiki isn't telling me much. I thought they made another Chocobo's dungeon and I missed it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

its been a good raid series, exdeath, phantom train, kefka + a good little chocoboy

Was hoping the Phantom Train fight was excatly like VI, but I can understand why that's not possible.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The SoM remake is bad

Sakurazuka posted:

In other news I picked the wrong remake to buy this week :negative:

There's no animation at all when you get shot out of the cannon in SoM remake you just appear at your destination.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/Lord_Benzuko/status/964492875349221376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't have a horse in this race, but I need to say Monster Hunter has always been good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

That's just a poorly put together game. Games can only be examined by their mouth feel, vintage, and waifu options. Hope this helps.

Which means Monster Hunter is objectively bad.

Monster Hunter has The Handler and The Guildmarm before her.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Should I install Street Fighter V for the Monster Hunter Event stuff

No

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nintendo's own take on Games As A Service.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Hey chat thread have I hit the endpoint of Persona 5? Dungeon and progression spoilers below:

I'm up to Shido's dungeon and a lot of the talk is that I need to get my affairs in order because this is it! I haven't maxed my kindness or charm so some SLs are still gated and I've only got 20 days left - am I screwed or is there more SL stuff available after this dungeon?

In case you didn't know this isn't like 4 you can complete the dungeon and they will let do social stuff until the story progresses.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The best Mario enemies are the spear birds from Odyssey.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

al-azad posted:

I am embarrassed to admit I know what episode this is, RIP Mary Kay Bergman.

What the gently caress, how?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

al-azad posted:

She shot herself almost 20 years ago. ‘97 was Chris Farley, ‘98 Phil Hartman, and ‘99 Bergman just a bad string of funny people with great voices.

No I'm asking how you figured out which episode it was or are you saying that's how you know?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Since we've previously established that I'm rubbish at Persona 5 S Links, do they carry over to New Game+?

I'm hoping that in NG+ when you get to the point where you open the S Link it's already at level x, but am I wrong?

They don't, but your social stats carry over so you can just focus on the S Links.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FFXV IS HL3 now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

In Training posted:

uncompressed audio and textures bc why loving bother. DBFZ is only like....4gigs, while tekken 7 is 80gigs bc it includes a bunch of FMV and music that take up like 90% of the download and you cant selectively be like "just give me the online vs pack so i can install another game on my SSD please"

I can't remember which game it was, but I remember someone posting about compressing a game and reduced the size by like 90% and it still played fine.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Taintrunner posted:

I watched Initial D Part 1+2 this morning and now I wanna know what the best tuner racing game is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzkNwc_uqEY

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

These are some good line readings. I don't know the context, but I still feel sorry for the dude.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sakurazuka posted:

What's wrong with the mobile version?

Probably nothing, but it would be nice if it wasn't so obvious.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Internet Kraken posted:

I can't wait for Nintendo to reveal Pikmin Battle Grounds at E3.

You know, we still don't what kind of game Metroid Prime 4 is gonna be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Also in other news:

https://twitter.com/PaperBatVG/status/968724132039938048

Imagine confessing to committing a crime thinking nothing is going to come of it at your new job.

There's something about the Internet that causes people to confess the thousands of hosed up stuff they do/did/thought to a faceless audience and I don't get it.

• Locked thread