Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mmm, rereleases, technically they count as releases after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In Training posted:

Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late[st] is the game of the month. Its probably my favorite fighting game ever

Oh thatís a real title

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The new FFXII has a x2 Speed Mode and a x4 Mode, but no x1 Mode?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Also the audio is all out of sync, this is pretty messy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Haha, I think I fixed it by setting the FPS limit to 60 instead of the default 30.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Apparently the new FFXII locks you into a job, which is fine, but later you get to pick a second class for each of your guys? How does that work?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sounds like someone didnít set up their gambits right

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Or set them too well

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I should watch King of Kong

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I love all my Souls games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Iíve been playing FFXII. Itís... fun

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I beat Manus and the black dragon in the Dark Souls 1 dlc on my first try using the time-tested method of ďhide behind a greatshield and only try to attack once every minuteĒ

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I want to hug Sif the grey wolf

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gascogne is a region in France!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Schoolgirls? In an anime??

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe someone took theirs and they need one

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I also played a bit more Nier Automata, and Iím really awful at it. Iím not dying too often I guess, but I am whiffing a lot and getting stun locked. This happened when I play Bayonetta too, I donít know what to do about it because presumably lowering the difficulty setting wonít make me stop misjudging distances and missing attacks and then feeling bad whenever I get knocked down by enemies

Iíve only put about an hour and half into it but Iím feeling kinda ehh, you know?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Castlevania 64 becomes C64, for Commodore 64

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They couldnít have had him smile?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Does Titanfall 2 have a good story?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played a bit of Daggerfall this morning (itís free), itís really bad. Labyrinthine dungeon design and a whole world of nothing surrounding it

Itís got tits though

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sonic 2006, when the fourteen-year-old human princess kisses Sonic

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Symptom Farts

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Turns out that Subnautica is Extremely My poo poo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just go left or right Leon

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mike

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ahhh Subnautica is so good. First time I skip sleep for a game in like ten years

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Iíve not noticed any Nazi propaganda in my dumb game about driving a submarine into caves, no

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ive played enough BoI that the poop doesnít register as poop to me anymore, theyíre just like bushes in a Zelda game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is ďgraviticĒ an actual word

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

So what's new and hot in PC land anyway, I've been in MH World purgatory for weeks and I've got a new monitor to put to its paces here

Subnautica is cool and fresh and really loving good. If you like the idea of small vehicles being deployed out of bigger ones as much as I do, itís a must-play. I hope you can handle being in the darkest depths of the ocean, relying on a sonar ping every few seconds to warn you about the incoming jaws of a sea monster, because it simulates that kind of horror really perfectly (but also some of the writing is genuinely funny, so maybe that can help)

I was just thinking about my list of ďgames that made me upgrade my PCĒ. First was Fallout 3, then Deus Ex Human Revolution, then Dark Souls 3, and now Subnautica!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What should I name my three ships in Subnautica? Thereís a speedy sub, a big bulky sub, and a mech suit

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Iím going to celebrate Saint Valentineís Day by reading and reliving the greatest love story ever told...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

you can say pretty much anything after that setup and itíd still sound like a witty joke

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

[Large Picture of Rhyhorn Surrounded By Hearts]
You rock!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

People made fun of FF13ís dungeon design but thatís the way to do it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why is Emily Blunt the one who kisses Tom Cruise instead the other way around, since sheís only interacted with him for a day while heís been interacting with her for days and days due to time shenanigans

What a thought to have today of all days, the International Love Day

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like FF12. The fun is in setting up your gambits, itís the kind of programming I can wrap my head around. Also the plot is about politics for the majority of it, which is cool and interesting (I find FF stories get pretty underwhelming when they turn into desperate fights against its version of Ultimate Death, and FF12 takes a while to get to that point).

Shame about Vaan though, guyís a dipshit who brings the game down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Gambits would be good if you had to change them more then like five times in the whole game, 100% of the story and 75% of the optional hunts and bosses can be done with the exact same generally useful for everything set up.

Okay but I enjoy efficiently crafting gambits for the current situation, the fact that I donít have to doesnít diminish that.

Frankly I donít see how itís any less fun than the usual ďhold X during every random battle, maybe heal from the menu every once in a whileĒ other games like this to do

• Locked thread
«3 »