Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/zallard1sda/status/959502551606427648

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

In Training posted:

FFXV kicks rear end and with all the tweaks and additions they've tossed in since release, you're gonna have a great time

It's still only half a game, they just added fluff to the first half instead of actually finishing the game.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

In Training posted:

FFXV was always finished, it is what it is. They've added stuff since with like dlc packs and such but the original narrative is there and largely unchanged

By that logic, no game has ever released unfinished

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Not a fan of a secret path in Area 4 of Celeste locking you out of a strawberry on the main path.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

al-azad posted:

I'm sorry are you talking about Terranigma or Devilman?

Casshern Sins actually

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

TOOT BOOT posted:

Went through exactly the same poo poo, even some of my teachers used me for cheap laughs. Nothing I ever did to try to fit in even came close to making me accepted. The difference is the second I graduated high school I realized I was never going to see 99% of those people ever again and no one was going to bully me ever again, and I started getting over it from that point onward.

This is the mental health equivalent of "Just pull yourself up by the boot straps"

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FirstAidKite posted:

Same, but rotated 45 degrees

Shine on you crazy diamond

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I wish they were

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Wanna give a quick gently caress You to Celeste for trying to make you use a control mechanic for the first time at the end of the B-side of one of the final levels and introducing it to you with one of the least helpful tutorial boxes ever

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Quest For Glory II posted:

i like the art actually

its really appealing

I think you're learning something specific about yourself.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Real hurthling! posted:

I have beaten 3 tales games and the idea of one being a goty rpg is super baffling to me but i guess i am just disinterested in playing more tales games

You don't have to be GotY RPG to be better than P5

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Cuntellectual posted:

On a JRPG note, I started playing Persona 5 after putting it off.

This game is so good, and the music is basically perfect.

Are you being contrarian just to be edgy, or do you have a reason for saying that?

It's a 60 hour game stretched to 120 with terrible tedium and the writing isn't good.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I like how the game has to keep coming up with excuses to remove Joker's glasses any time an anime cutscene is about to happen

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

lets hang out posted:

in celeste do you keep all the strawberries and stuff you get if you quit a stage

If you've already best the stage and are just going back to clear it, yes. Not sure otherwise

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The guy who leaked that Sonic Forces was going to be OC customization based has now said that Sumo isn't working on Sega All-stars 3, but a straight Sonic kart racer instead. That seems like a really dumb regression of the series so it's probably true.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Looper posted:

The only mechanic I was really not a fan of was the bumpers in chapter six. Those just felt so much more finicky than everything else up to that point

Conversely I loooove the dream blocks from chapter two, pump that mechanic into my veins

Those were pretty terrible. The clouds were a little finicky too.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/964611715240378368

A day after the rumors about the Sonic kart racing game...

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Dream ruined

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The Colonel posted:

pac-man's already had his own kart racing game. what makes you think he needs to star in someone else's

He was in the mediocre arcade Mario Kart that Namco made

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Macaluso posted:

Okay I'm doing the fourth level's B-Side now in Celeste, and I'm pretty far into it now. And it's the first time the game is making me feel like a lot of my deaths are the game's fault as opposed to my own fault. The bouncy cloud gimmick is WAY too finicky for how precise the particular jump it wants you to do is, and the bubble gimmick... I don't know if it's just a problem with the game as a whole or specifically with the Switch's joycons because the sensitivity or whatever of the stick just frequently doesn't cooperate and sends me off on a direction I am not trying to go. It makes the bubble gimmick REALLY frustrating cause you will just die in the same spot over and over and over and it becomes tilting, which just adds to the problem. I think for the most part the B-Sides have been brutally hard but really satisfying but the fourth B-Side is starting to frustrate me in a way that feels out of my control

edit: This particular B-Side NEVER ENDS either :psyduck:

Yeah the clouds suck.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The C-Sides in Celeste sure are something.

https://twitter.com/OmeteotI/status/965693744627384320

https://twitter.com/OmeteotI/status/965702578448228352

https://twitter.com/OmeteotI/status/965719936340443136

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Fire Emblem Warriors has Oboro so it can't be bad.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I've never felt more powerful

https://twitter.com/OmeteotI/status/966167243699585024

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

glam rock hamhock posted:

People just don't want two front ends for their games, especially when it gives them no advantage what so ever.

They're also fact that Steam does what it does mostly pretty well and Origin is terrible clunky awful thing (as are most of the other equivalents)

There not being an effective monopoly on one front end would be an advantage to consumers.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

oddium posted:

celeste is probably cool but holy moly could they not afford like just one more handful of pixels to make things a little more readable

I hate the character sprite and the lack of hand drawn animation for her.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

120 bani-stars

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Well aren't you fancy

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It doesn't help that there's like 20 different visual cues before Oshiro charges, and the weird effect his charge does.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Macaluso posted:

:wtf: :wtf: :suicide: :suicide: :wtf: :wtf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoKLsDmeXbc

edit: I got it a few tries after this but what the heck!

loving hell. I probably would have just shut the game off if that happened to me.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

You can't fool me, Roy is nowhere near cool enough to do that.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Macaluso posted:

i want to die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MarinADdyCo

(i've made it to the final gauntlet of this room a handful of times but most of my deaths have been this dumb bullshit)

You'll wish you were dealing with that when you get to what 8C asks of you.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Grapplejack posted:

Celeste seems cool but I have zero faith that the controls are good enough for the platforming that it wants you to do.

The controls are fine, some of the mechanics aren't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Thst tweet is better than any movie script he's ever written

• Locked thread