Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The yakuza MC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

5 years isn't an exceptionally long turnaround for big HD games.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Persona 5 dislikes authority for a different reason than you do which is a valid complaint but I think, outside of the ending, it communicates and stands by its intended message well, even if that's not the message you would like it to have

Standing by its message except at the resolution is an odd defense tbh.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I hate silly unrealistic things, I post in the videogames forum

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's accurate SS rep :v:.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's gone up its rear end some but I always saw the contrarianism as a way to get people to contemplate themselves and argue their own actual issues with a work rather than repeating internet conventional wisdom, which has a tendency to be pretty bad even with genuinely bad works (see: all the years when many people's reasoning wrt FF13 stopped at "is linear and has an autobattle button").

Motto fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 19, 2018

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

well, as for Mighty Number 9 3DS....

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

glam rock hamhock posted:

Acting like Anne has an objection to wearing sexy outfits is...odd. I mean she's a model. To equate dressing in a provocative fashion to deserving harassment is also seems kind of messed up.

That's not what they're saying at all. They're saying that having an opening act resolve around harassment and abuse to the extent P5's does makes this sort of stuff come off weird. I don't really care about the spinoffs but I think it's fair to point out how hard P5 cares about that for precisely an act before boxing up everything related to it and also letting the player enter a student-teacher relationship but this one is ok because ???.

Motto fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 21, 2018

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

I watched some streams of Kingdom Come and it looks okay if you're into that sort of realism, but I think its a terrible "peasant simulator".

You start off as a normal dude but your dad is actually an important guy who used to work for nobility. So when he dies you get taken in by a lord that owed him. You enter his service and within a few hours are elevated to knight status. Soon almost every NPC is like "milord you grace me with your presence" when you approach them, even when your doing so to tell them you are finished digging through poo poo to retrieve a corpse ring for them. Your character is very much an important special boy like in almost every other RPG. Just instead of being chosen by the gods its because your dad was chummy with the right people.

Fair, but I think it'd be hard to make an enjoyable straightforward RPG that didn't have that to some extent.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Also they made it not look mega-assy like the DS ones and advertised it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/inkopolis/status/965765697057050624?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I kinda...don't see this as "Renegade Konami employee fights back against the company and anyone else still employed by them working on Metal Gear Survive." if only because I'm used to self-deprecating humor in fiction at this point, especially in Japanese video games.

Yeah
https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/967977235876601856?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E2

• Locked thread