Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

In Training posted:

whenever i close my eyes i see dragonball fighterz combos
God I Wish This Were Me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

I've been bouncing between Final Fantasy X and Dragon Quest 8 to prepare myself for playing FF 15/DQ 11 but I've discovered I extremely dont have the time for that

So help me pick one please!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

My Rival Who Works At Nintendo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

play all of them.

im going to beat bloodborne and then get the remaster of 1 cause I never beat Sen's Fortress, it's all very exciting

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

also check out this hot joke

King of Wrong

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

Milly Bitchel

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

Shindragon posted:

Oh jesus you are in for a world of hurt. Even knowing where to go I still died like 20 times in that place. It's just. DEATH.
it sucks dude.

I didn't think Blighttown was really that bad, but Sen's is just snakemen, boulders and axes and it's dark and I couuuld not do it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

i like quelaan

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

Saw credits in Celeste and wow, that might be one of the greatest platformers I've ever played. Wow! I love it!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

Splatoon 2 IS good. I need to play this weekend and see what they did to that awful, awful mall.

Overwatch is also fun I think [thinks about how the last time I booted up Overwatch was to buy the new cat girl D.Va skin with ingame currency and then instantly shut it off]

Yeah, it;s fun

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

god Titanfall 2 was very good. I didn't even play it, I just smoked weed and watch my friends stream it.

great game

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

the answer is Yes To Pickles but I feel Marina's visual aid is maybe too many pickles

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

Oh, I didn't know that the Shadow remake was only $40, that def makes me wanna get it more. Probably gonna hold off since I still wanna get Dragonball FighterZ and Bayonetta later and tho I usually don't do this, I can kiiiiiinda see Shadow being on sale later this year

Macaluso posted:

About halfway through the hotel (I think) right now, and I've started just skipping through the dialogue really quickly.

People say it's a good story and I'm sure it is. But I don't care about story in a platformer.
this is Hella Lame I say, because the resolutions of the story at the end escalate the climax from Beating A Hard Game to something More

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

In Training posted:

I'm assuming SOTC PS4 will be like 50% by Christmas and I'll probably buy it and play it again
i respect that

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

That's not true but okay dude

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

zero nazis is still too many nazis

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

In Training posted:

I booted up shadow of the Colossus again and wound up playing it for 4 hours and finishing it for the uhhh 5th time in my life. The finale still makes me tear up
it's a fantastic game

wander did nothing wrong

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

Vicar Amelia was the hardest boss I ever beat

My theory is that every Bloodborne boss is either a large man or a large dog creature or both! and that by beating the Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne, you've proved you can beat Bloodborne if you just keep trying

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

Healbot posted:

Where does the metaphysical concept of the dreams of many fit in?
i havent beaten bloodborne yet so my thesis is in beta, will report back

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

console gaming ftw

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

I put Horizon into my PS4 for the first time today and waited twenty minutes, itís actually an actively inferior method to play games compared to PC, and should honestly be made illegal
no actually

pc gaming for the lose

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

i loving hope so

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

I'm not gonna say sports riots are good

but people in Philly are parading around chanting "Big Dick Nick"

and that is very good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

there was literally a shooting yesterday

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

the cinematography of yakuza 0 and the series in general once it gets going is everything david cage has been trying to do for his entire career, largely due to one of the directors being a film student

http://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/english/171121

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

he's vocel, not incel you buffons

it's where his Heat power comes from

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

kiyru fucks

kiryu doesnt

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

Kiryu x Nishiki OTP

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

its true I do

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

My friend hated FF15 so he gave me his copy for free but I never touched it

Gonna spend the $20 to upgrade to the Royal Edition and bam, got a sick rear end game baybee

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

it's really cool that they did character focused DLC for the boys and then before the last one was even out, they said "we want to do more for the villain and side characters too"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

I never played MGSV but I watched all the cutscenes on youtube cause I didn't have a PS4 all the time and I am a loving fiend for Metal Gear Lore

im sorry for my gamer crimes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

all Gascoigne taught me was that molotovs are good, that fool is hella combustible and hates music

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

lmafo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

What's with the steamed ham people that think skinner is saying 'egads' and not 'ye gods'
i've honestly been asking this same loving thing, he's absolutely not saying "egads"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

where's nitroplus blasterz heroine's infinite duel

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

In Training posted:

probably on a side tourney somewhere, around the melty blood, unist and arcana heart players, aka, in the real poo poo section
oh heck yeah

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

every fighting game is an anime fighting game

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

This discussion comes up a lot in these threads so im just gonna truncate my past points and say

if you save the town, you're a cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Finally beat the hotel in Celeste after taking FOREVER getting the strawberries during the final "boss". I had a hell of a time timing the jumping on his head to get the jump reset/height I needed each time. It felt really satisfying when I finally manage to get them.

So before going forward, I went back and decided to get all the strawberries in the first stage as well as find the B-side. I'm still missing ONE strawberry and I have no idea where it is so I have to go back and comb it again. BUT I found the B-side and decided to try out a B-side. Now THAT poo poo is challenging. As far as I can tell there's not collectables so the challenge is 100% using your skills to get to the end of the screen. It feels REALLY good to beat a screen in the B-side mode. It also taught me something I didn't realize for three stages, which is that when you run out of climbing/dashing stamina, you can still wall jump back and forth if the walls are close enough together. I thought you'd just drop and lose all energy to even do that. So it felt like I was learning a whole new skill thanks to the B-side, even though the like, 8-bit levels or whatever you wanna call them have only wall jumping, no wall climbing. There have been a ton of times where I've gotten angry and swore at the game because I died over and over trying to get a strawberry but it always feels really satisfying when you finally get it. The movement feels satisfying enough that I don't TOO often feel like I'm dying for bullshit reasons. Although I still think the game has issues with sending you in the exact direction you're trying to go, which stops the game from being a 10/10 game for me.

That challenging platforming though is . The levels are really well put together and the level design is SO on point. Another game that furthers my belief that procedural generation is a scourge upon video games. I can't WAIT to start seeing speedruns of this game

edit: Like this part! What a fun platforming challenge this particular screen was:

I started the B Sides, got to this exact screen and felt like I just did not have the skills or the brain power needed for it, rather than any sort of mechanical failing and it's rad that there's those levels of content exist

• Locked thread
«3 »