Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I can't believe Billy Mitchell cheated at Donkey Kong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

The documentary made him out to be super sketchy and I guess it was 100% accurate.
Yeah I had just assumed that was Herzogian "ecstatic truth" liberty taking but nope turns out the hot sauce man actually really is that.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I said come in! posted:

This game made me sad. After this and Xenoblade X, I don't think i'm going to be buying anymore Monolith titles. They can't seem to capture the magic of Xenoblade 1. That game was so good.
Xenoblade 2 even with all its flaws is way better than Xenoblade 1 though.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I still have mixed feelings on SotC and I'm not sure why I keep coming back to it but the PS4 version seems well done. Very pretty, and I appreciate that they threw in some new control schemes.

The custom theme that came with the PS3 version was better though!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the wild west equivalent of jumping out of a plane
Made me think of this:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Somebody took my fuckin' recycling bin again this morning.

Why would you steal a recycling bin? What could you possibly be doing with that?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mr E posted:

I beat The Evil Within 2, and it was really good. Evil Within 3 when?
After 2 but before 4.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm gonna come out and say it: I don't like the fourth Colossus in SotC. The Hobbit hole bullshit is a great idea but getting him to look in there is way more annoying than it should be.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

glam rock hamhock posted:

It didn't take me too long. I think shooting him a few times helps it along.

I am not be far but man am I finding this easy. I'm not sure if I've gotten better, they made the game easier or if playing on normal is easier than the original game but the epicness of these is under it by how easily I've been taking them down with only some RNG getting in the way
I remember the Colossi feeling shakier on the PS3 than the PS2. This PS4 version seems closer to what I remember the PS2 release being like in that department, and therefore a little easier.

The White Dragon posted:

not every boss in even a great game can be a winner. i mean look at the fish from the water temple in majora's mask
Yeah that boss isn't great, but the strength in Majora's Mask is from the sidequests anyways IMO. I feel like SotC suffers more from having a few bad boss fights given that there's not a whole lot else you'll be doing.

Macaluso posted:

I haven't played SOTC since it first came out in like what... 2005? I never got past the boss with the geysers. It killed my motivation to keep going. The remaster looks like it's very pretty tho
Yeah that's another one where baiting him into doing what you need him to do is just kind of annoying, though I haven't gotten to him in this playthrough.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Peace Walker is good because you take Kaz on a date.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I started the first Drakengard, I need to get back to it. I remember I got frustrated by one of the time trials for a secret weapon.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Acid 2 legit owns. Its so fun.

I'd forgive a lot from Konami if they just made Acid 3.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Update on my recycling bin: it was mysteriously returned this morning.

We may never know who took it or why...

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

MGSV owned and I can’t wait for whatever the gently caress Death Stranding is going to be.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So a streamer got all of the gold thingies in SotC PS4. It unlocked a secret area below the main temple area that contains the "Sword of Dormin", which looks like it kills Colossi in one hit. No word on if it changes the ending or anything yet, though that seems unlikely.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 9, 2018

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I thought the environments in Minerva's Den were uninspired and the story wasn't especially interesting, outside of a decent twist at the end of it. It probably has the weakest villain in the entirety of BioShock too- which is saying something considering the nonsense Infinite would try to pull. Could anyone even tell me his name without looking it up?

The gameplay is fine but its largely just BioShock 2 but even shorter.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Berseria is dope. Long game though the enjoyable characters make it worth it.

Taintrunner posted:

Goko 2020: Play Anime

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hopefully they come with something a little more memorable than Samus Returns. That wasn't a bad game or anything but it felt like it was a pretty disposable experience several months later.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

RE6 owns.

Olive! posted:

Man, they could have done a better job with this SotC remaster
lol

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Grapplejack posted:

Here's a fun fact that I learned about RE7 the other day. The group mentioned in the DLC, Not A Hero, is The Connections. They're specified as a group that worked with Wesker's HCF force.

That's right.

RE7 is a sequel to Code Veronica.
HCF also gets a mention in one of the files in the main game IIRC.

It's a weirdly deep cut.

In Training posted:

I've kinda lost track of what's happening the series anyway. I don't even remember if wesker is alive by 4 or not
Answer to that: He is. Ada is even working for Wesker and is acquiring the Las Plagas sample for him. He gets a cameo in one of her bonus modes.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

By the third playthrough of the game I got really sick of the prologue section on RE7.

The cutscenes being mostly unskippable is baffling.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

RE7 is video gaming's equivalent of Ingmar Bergman's Scenes from a Marriage and I love it
I'd totally buy that part in Seventh Seal where a dude is hiding from Death up in a tree so Death just comically cuts the tree down with a saw being in an RE game.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Honestly I thought Not a Hero and End of Zoe both kind of sucked.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

al-azad posted:

I didn't play the RE7 DLC but what I thought was ridiculous is that Chris appropriates the Umbrella name and turns them into a anti-terrorist force under the name of the company that could've eradicated all humanity.
The DLC rather hilariously explains that the remains of Umbrella itself became a PMC to try and improve their image (LMAO), and in RE7 they're working with the BSAA and therefore Chris. Chris himself isn't that happy about it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm a few years younger than you and that kind of nerd mocking was definitely a thing in my high school. Wrestling was also something that was heavily derided, which has made this forum's infatuation with it absolutely bizarre to me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

haveblue posted:

I’m not up on my Thread Arcana, what does KCB stand for?
It's actually a typo and Kite meant KGB. He's a time travelling Russian agent sent here to subvert the Something Awful Forums posting experience.

He's winning, too. It's the only way to explain all of the Communism on these forums.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

precision posted:

a thousand years from now people are gonna read websites and think they were written in some kind of secret code
I await these people for only in that era will humanity have collectively become advanced enough to appreciate all of the different meanings I have layered into my posts.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I didn't have softlock issues on PS3 but it seems like downloads on there started taking much longer.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The open world in Deadly Premonition owns because you can figure out a lot of stuff about the killer just by following their NPC's schedule around.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

haveblue posted:

It's actually Alan Wake, which includes full support for vehicles and large outdoor areas and uses them for getting from point A to point B down a linear road once or twice.
IIRC doesn't Alan Wake actually use an open world they had designed for like a single chapter?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

chumbler posted:

Yeah it owns.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It should be Waluigi obv.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

oddium posted:

come on. come on now

Wtf happened to Link?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

homeless snail posted:

thats canon link

That Link doesn't look like he hasn't been eating for a month though.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Definitive proof that Lloyd is in fact cool and good.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Man I need to play the Xillia games at some point.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Y'all what's with that cutscene in Shadow of the Colossus where Wander has a vision of the future? I saw it again the other day and like nobody ever talks about it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

The short one after you kill the 8th colossus? Never thought much of it, just saw it as a "oh yeah this is why you're here again" cutscene.
That's all I saw it as until I realized the way the camera violently pulls back seems to evoke Wander getting sucked into the light in the ending.

The dream sequence even has a variation of the Colossus death theme playing, just like in the ending.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

What should I name my three ships in Subnautica? There’s a speedy sub, a big bulky sub, and a mech suit
Zippy, Nautilus, Z'Gok.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'm catching up on other threads and wanted to share this.
This owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

That's bullshit, Velvet is a pirate too.

• Locked thread