Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I put an hour or so into Dragon's Dogma. It seems... kind of generic? When is the point when I should be getting into the game? I killed the hydra and then fought some bandits and died and the last autosave was like 20 minutes in the past so I shut it down and started FF12

Yeah DD is pretty much pure fantasy generica as far as setting goes. I would also recommend sticking with it until you reach the capital city. That's when the game blooms into something really open-ended, tons of sidequests and character skills to play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
My favourite Gaming Moment is the MGS2 ice cubes

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Finally finished Tales of Berseria after a chat thread some months ago sung its praises about how it was better than Persona 5, a claim so massive to me I had to check it out.

It uh, it was alright. Being my first Tales game I could sense a lot of stuff was flying over my head, and what I understood I didn't really care all that much for. My biggest take-away from the game was the adorable interactions between Eleanor, Velvet and Laciphet. Magilou owned the skits, too, I love how overly theatrical she was.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

cheetah7071 posted:

Most don't make you run over huge, empty, boring maps while boring music plays and then the reward at the end of the room is another room with identical aesthetics so there's no sense of progression and then repeat that a dozen times in every dungeon and between every cutscene because the next NPC you need to talk to can't ever be in the town you're already in

This is what vexed me the most about the game, I think. After a while I came to accept that the soundtrack will never get any good, so I just burned through some podcasts and let my brain rot as I held Joystick Up across the wastelands of Fantasy Genericaland.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Help Im Alive posted:

It's called Sheep Dog n Wolf here and I don't know why I've never seen anyone talk about it before because it owns

I rented it like 10 times when I was a kid

Its soundtrack is superb, it's been so many years since I've played but I can remember it all so vividly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1tB33qcZNE

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
#WiggerWednesday

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

I've been dying to listen to this soundtrack, or even just consume anything about this game at all, but that fan translation is apparently juuuust around the corner so I gotta hold on

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

The Colonel posted:

whoa i didn't know a fan translation was happening. i'm super hyped if so

I've been routinely revisiting this thread for any news for yonks. Sounds like it's real close to completion https://www.neogaf.com/threads/moon-remix-rpg-adventure-fan-translation-project-almost-done-testing-phase.871910/

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
My favourite 2D Mario game is technically Donkey Kong on the Game Boy, the gameplay variance and range of movement is so fun and the 3D mario games only just manage to come close to it.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Taintrunner posted:

What the loving gently caress is this release window for Metal Gear Survive on Steam.

They removed the game's store page from Steam after delaying it for an extra 24 hours. Looks like they probably made a mistake and are trying to fix it, but who knows actually when it'll go up https://twitter.com/Konami/status/966469677076561920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

suuma posted:

What's everybody gonna play in March?

Slowly getting into FF12's new Steam release, I can see myself playing this weeellll into March. Also I'm gonna try out the Kane & Lynch series because one of my friends tells me "it's good and misunderstood" so I'm throwin him a bone.

• Locked thread