Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

I said come in! posted:

The Humble Bundle this month is Dark Souls III with the DLC. Dark Souls III wasn't well received among fans though, right?

the Dark Souls series' fan reception is as twisted as its timeline, play whichever you want and see what you enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

al-azad posted:

Goldeneye has the best explosions because practically everything explodes and often explosions contain mini explosions.

I always enjoyed how the explosions happened in a circle pattern

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/693488484615483395

Some things never change, I guess.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/960634369881845761

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-GqUb9u458

Global Peace was achieved through...a computing error. Fitting.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If only Konami kept setting money on fire... :negative:

I love MGS5, but let's not pretend Kojima didn't gently caress around and waste lots of time and cash. I wonder if Sony has anyone keeping him in check for Death Stranding.

They also killed every single franchise they owned, so it's not all on Kojima's back here.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

This one is a goddamn masterpiece

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Taintrunner posted:

man I totally forgot to post the other night when I stumbled onto the sidequest in Yakuza 0 that has you writing postcards to a radio station about previous sidequests you've completed, which from a sheer "player character actually remembers things they did in the past and uses the memories gained from them to do something calming and twee like writing a postcard to a radio station for a crazy story contest" is fuckin' crazy to me. what a ridiculous little detail

I love how Kiryu does absolutely everything in the most intense way possible. Writing, playing videogames, answering the phone, the guy lives at max speed all the time.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
The PUBG players don't care about that and I doubt RDR2 will make a noticeable impact in China.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the wild west equivalent of 100 people jumping out of a plane

A Gold Rush event?

You can use Rockstar Bucks to buy Badges.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I prefer to read the source manga these days, but it seems this one is a straight-up original anime so...on the wishlist, I guess.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Endorph posted:

more importantly marvel is nowhere to be seen, lol

Congrats to Smash Bros Melee, a decade old game, for beating MVCI that launched six months ago.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Sakurazuka posted:

Playing the LiS prequel is reminding me how much I hated the 'real' ending of the original and also how much I hate stories where you know the characters are doomed from the start.

I love those, but I admit I might be somewhat of a masochist.

That feeling of helplessness when you want to stop it but know that there's nothing you can do, it's great when well done.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Get ready for the best sellers of 2020:

- Battle Royale Rhythm Game

- Battle Royale Visual Novel

- Battle Royale Clicker

- Battle Royale Card Game

- Battle Royale Lootbox Opener

- Destiny 3

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Help Im Alive posted:

I didn't realise there was so much money in dice

Tabletop Gaming is a huge money sink, check out the people who play Warhammer40k.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Spite Gaming, the most genuinely human hobby.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
We haven't had a gaming related death in a while

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/961806871764942848

quote:

I asked Panton if he did the responsible thing and checked with a doctor before trying out his poultry-only diet. And no, he hadn't. "I have no plan on pushing myself too far," he assures me. "At the first sign of trouble, I will stop regardless of how deep I get."

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I have a terrible memory but climbing the insurmountable, continent-sized Great Wall in Grandia was a pretty good moment. The great OST also helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd9NP0nWOTA

That was such an optimistic game

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

And that was a completely pessimistic game. But still fantastic!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

FirstAidKite posted:

Was it? I don't remember it being pessimistic at all. It seemed pretty optimistic to me.

Could just be a glass half full/half empty thing though where what you see as pessimism is optimism to me

Ark gets really, really screwed by everything. All he wanted was to have his village life back; he pretty much has to create the world, then guide its lifeforms through eons, the plants, the animals, the humans, even help them develop their technology and society. Then, in the end, after all that, the reward he gets for his efforts is...one day, one single day of his normal life. Then it is gone.

Seeing what the humans do to the animal lifeforms that you cared for so much also is a bit sad.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
There's no bad Dishonored.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
They're not exactly a big name publisher but NIS America is going to have a press conference in an hour-ish

Probably going to talk about The Liar Princess & The Blind Prince and whatever they're doing with the Disgaea license. Maybe a Soul Nomad PC port? We can dream.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Samuringa posted:

They're not exactly a big name publisher but NIS America is going to have a press conference in an hour-ish

Probably going to talk about The Liar Princess & The Blind Prince and whatever they're doing with the Disgaea license. Maybe a Soul Nomad PC port? We can dream.

The Longest Five Minutes looks very interesting, it's like a reverse Half-Minute Hero. And it comes out...next week!?

The Lost Child is a very anime Cthulhu Mythos. Unfortunately, it's a dungeon crawler and I'm not really fond of those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF0hXQTKX5M

The 25th Ward: The Silver Case : Now this is completely my poo poo! I still haven't played The Silver Case but I love doing some investigating.

I don't really care about any of these but they exist:

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/962167776981889024

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/962167785580150784

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/962167791137665024

Something about SNK Heroines too. I think May was wearing a Cow Bikini? That's what you're getting.

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 10, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Oh, and they closed with something called Labyrinth of Refrain, which seems to be another dungeon crawler.

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/962176101903613952

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

monster goofy and donald look like they were made in the spore creature creator

Not phallic enough.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
You think a turtle would breathe fire without drugs? Get real, friend.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Oh my god, a neighbour just gave me a bag full of guavas, I'm going to gorge myself on these

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
TV taught me that when a couple has a no holds barred verbal fight it ends in some very angry sex.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

The White Dragon posted:

yeah i'm equipping skills but i just got out white orchard at lv4 and i'm running into lv9 ghouls that ruin my poo poo on normal :v:

You only get proper exp for leveling up from doing Main Story Quests and those are always suited for whatever current level you are. Contracts, Side Quests, and others should be done at your own pace and mostly for the flavor.

Also, look for the Griffin Set Schematics - hit every vendor you see on your way and make it your priority to buy those -, you're still a bit way off from being able to equip it but get on that as soon as you hit the suitable level.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I have a spare Steam key of Umbrella Corps if you really want to feel some pain.

Also, I think you're leaving out a critical detail of Resident Evil Gaiden: The combat is a rhythm turn-based minigame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLnLj_T0nB4&t=98s

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
A Hunk standalone game would be 10 hours of the Mike sequence from RE4 happening over and over again.

That sounded way better than what I was aiming for, I kinda want it now.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I was a lonely know-it-all weirdo and got ostracized but in the last couple of years of middle school, I decided I was tired of that and began mingling with my classmates. Most of them were "Whoa, you actually talk?" but we had some good times.

Now High School, that one I don't think I studied a single day. And I'm still paying for that :D

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
In a few days one of you will be on the way back home and see a man holding a sign with "Will explain the lore of the Delicious Emily series for $$$" written on it

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

The Colonel posted:

bayonetta's design in 1 is ok but her design in 2 is better

i like a2 more than 2b

I was a bit miffed when A2 just cut her hair like that.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Taintrunner posted:

My wife discovered the super intricate hostess makeover system in Yakuza 0 and has ripped the controller out of my hands, RIP my gaming career

I try to stay in that mode as little as I can, I don't want anyone to come in and think I'm playing weird games :blush:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Drunk/High posting might be the saddest thing in the world. You're in the loving stratosphere, sensing things no common human is capable of and you go write gibberish in a forum? Christ.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
That KH3 trailer was really something

https://twitter.com/weepysweetmonty/status/962533234889211904

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/963201249842692097

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P1OO5baru0

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Can't wait to get my rear end kicked in these games again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXL70O_Sbpg

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

cheetah7071 posted:

Going from never having heard of it to being excited to being disgusted within an hour, what a roller coaster of emotions

I think the fastest this has happened to me was that cyberpunk pixel indie game from the last E3. I - and most people - thought it had a nice thing going on and not even 10 minutes later the synopsis was revealed and oh boy.

(It was a dystopia where Politically Correct went too far)

Endorph posted:

on the other hand: that shirt should be burned

With him inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Hell loving Yea, I want to do some ENERGY Supercross

http://store.steampowered.com/app/711750/Monster_Energy_Supercross__The_Official_Videogame/

• Locked thread