Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
  • Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

i'm gonna do it i'm gonna play dark souls 3 this month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

reading up on all the weapon upgrade infusions now

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

i'm going to miss the vancian magic system from dark souls 1/2

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

up to the equip load section of the wiki, apparently it's like dark souls 2 except even easier

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

capcom stands for captain commando

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

what's twee

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

got my controls ironed out and backtracked a bit to stab a crystal lizard up the butt that i skipped, dark souls is back baby

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

precision posted:

your meter is all off and "bit"/"skipped" is a sloppy rhyme!

got my controls set / threw my feet in reverse / wrist deep in crystal colon / send that lizard a hearse

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

dragon quest has the same initials as dairy queen, a fast food chain i have never been to in my life, so play that

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

i couldve sworn there were way more than 10 dairy queens

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

Really Pants posted:

there are no more heroes

whens no more heroes 3 anyway

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

should play knack last, once you play it you won't be able to go back to less good videogames, which is all of them

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

i just killed bort of the voreal valley and am having a good time with dark souls 3 so far

it's weird though because the enemies are really aggressive bloodborne style but there's no rally so i constantly feel like i'm chugging estus when i shouldn't have to

learning the shield break on the longsword attack for knocking apart the lothric knights was a game changer though

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

cheetah7071 posted:

It's always weird when people talk about rallying being really important in bloodborne because I always felt like it was a trap. Whenever I tried to be aggressive to take advantage of it I'd just get whalloped by the enemy I was trying to hit

i mean you don't want to be using it to eat attacks that would knock you down or take off half your health bar or anything but it means you can aggressively trade blows with enemies and not be worn down by attrition

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

Internet Kraken posted:

Rallying would probably work too well combined with shields since any minor chip damage taken could be healed. You would just aim for the shield with the highest stability and use it to block everything. Doesn't matter if you take a bit of damage since it can just be healed off whatever dealt it.

it's a fair point but the last soulsborne game i played was bloodborne and so it's taken me a bit to readjust to not having rally and having shields be useful and having parries suck poo poo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

nintendo switch aficionados i think

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

haven't heard of subnautica let's give it a google

quote:

Subnautica is a survival adventure game...
whoops i stopped paying attention

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

chumbler posted:

You can make a cool undersea base and big submarine. Though I could never figure out how to make a second floor in the undersea bases.

oh boy and can you punch underwater trees to make underwater wood blocks

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

subnazica

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

i died to logarius the requisite couple of times of any dark souls boss to learn his moveset but i never had a huge problem with him, and he became my go to boss for farming souls as a co-op phantom because people were always looking for help with him

the real trick is when he starts to power up halfway through the fight to get in his grill and backstab him/beat the poo poo out of him to cancel it out, artorias style

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

i don't remember the runback being all that oppressive either, the worst part was the dart person getting in a lucky shot to your rear end while you're climbing that ladder and knocking you off

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

monster hunter update the eagles killed the patriots and are making weapons and armor from their flesh and bones

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

kirin ichiban

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

extremely thick and fake french accent: gas kwon a hon hon hon

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

somewhere someplace someone called him fart dollar and iíll be damned if i can remember who

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

The Colonel posted:

i almost beat route b of nier:automata but the trash snake before the final boss that lagged like hell in route a loving murdered the game this time and it almost froze my entire computer

i hate posting about how loving bad this port is because if it weren't for how often i have to worry about it freezing i'd honestly have no issues with the game itself. but the port. holy poo poo. prey ran better than this and didn't make me have to worry about my computer dying

i'm happy to complain about a lot of things about nier but the only problem with the quality of the pc port i had was the mouse controls in the 2d sections were all screwy, did you happen to get the little graphics fix tool? i didn't even fire the game up until i had that installed so it might cure what ails you

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

i refuse to believe there's a french video games conference called "le what's next de focus"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

is GSC even still around i thought when stalker 2 was hosed off the floor they closed down

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

In Training posted:

they did and then they reopened and put out a new cossacks game a year ago

huh. neat.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

isn't that the plot of sid meier's civilization

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

my mistake!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A battle royale with souls combat

but they keep the netcode the same so a guy swings at where you were standing 5 seconds ago three times and then you die

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

i was about to say 2020 sounds optimistic for the fad lasting that long but then i remembered minecraft survival game knockoffs are still a dime a dozen so what the hell do i know

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

what the hell am i going to do with 100 battle royal games

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

also works for bitcoin

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

in other videogame news i powered through ruiner last night and while i wouldn't say it was bad, it was mediocre, which is a type of bad

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

nachos posted:

It was my most disappointing game last year which is a shame because I was really hyped for it.

In fact the two games I was most hyped for (Ruiner and wolf 2) ended up being my biggest disappointments. Never have expectations

there's a lot of things about it i feel like are evidence that the team either had a much bigger vision for what they wanted the game to be but just didn't have enough manpower to achieve it, or hint at the project not having a cohesive and planned direction so they had to scrape the bunch of disparate ideas together and call it a game, but the margin of this post is too small for my essay to fit

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

CJacobs posted:

Yeah but check this out, portable ops actually is good because it is commonly abbreviated to "POOPS"

well i can't argue with this

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

ghost babel abbreviates to GB, for game boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NO FILE

fridge corn posted:

I own a copy of brink